Sponsored

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
what's more the Japanese started this white/black/silver crap and we imported it.
VW's GTI has a MISERABLE color selection (Germans only like winter gray colors?) but ever so often they come up with things like Cornflower Blue and a really neat Yellow. But then they go and only let the pointlessly expensive trims have it. Grrr. it's freaking paint, every trim should have the full spectrum - charge extra if you want.

Honda Civic comes in a somewhat similar color as the NFG which is nice.
I don't pay attention to most of the Asian manufacturers now cause their vehicles don't appeal to me much, but at least they keep making sedans. I do like the powder blue Hyundai uses on their "N" line. The Germans do throw out cool colors sometimes, I think BMW has a purple for the 2 series, and the 4 has a really nice darker green, but you never see them on a lot.

Charging for paint is something I'm not a big fan of, I used to sell at a BGC dealership and GM charges for everything that isn't the base white or black. They also pulled the "you can't get this color on a certain trim". The Terrain had a color before the current MY refresh that was called Emerald Blue. Amazing color, pity if you want a Denali trim though, only color you couldn't get on it. I think that change with the blue that replaced it, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Bruce Jr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I wonder why Ford never brought back the pearl white color on the Mustang? I think that was in 2015

Bruce Jr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
good thing I ordered my Cyber Orange(I call it a pearl school bus yellow lol)2022 Mach 1 with Handling & Elite Pack, Tremec, no back seats in May; its scheduled to be built at the end of September

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
I wonder why Ford never brought back the pearl white color on the Mustang? I think that was in 2015
Probably because that was a special color for the 50th anniversary. If I had to guess it was a color on the first mustang?

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Wimbledon? it was an 50th anniversary color, they used it on the 50th GT350 also.

I'm amazed they didn't bring Legend Lime back, or Azure Blue

I feel like they should offer more classic colors. Like have 2-3 Grabber colors a year. Offer Wimbledon White and DHG in that mix as well. Bring back Night Mist Blue. Stop making colors limited unless there is a reason to, like anniversaries. If Brittany Blue could be gotten on a GT or a Mach1 I'd be HEAVILY thinking of trading in.

Bruce Jr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I wish Ford had the Mystichrome as an option when I ordered my 2022 Mach 1

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
I found 2 that I'm interested. Both PP2s, h&c seats, one is in NJ, the other in Indiana and that one has the upgraded stereo that I want. I'm seriously considering trading one of my cars for one.
Where in Indiana? I’m near Indy if you need someone to look at it

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Wimbledon? it was an 50th anniversary color, they used it on the 50th GT350 also.

I'm amazed they didn't bring Legend Lime back, or Azure Blue

I feel like they should offer more classic colors. Like have 2-3 Grabber colors a year. Offer Wimbledon White and DHG in that mix as well. Bring back Night Mist Blue. Stop making colors limited unless there is a reason to, like anniversaries. If Brittany Blue could be gotten on a GT or a Mach1 I'd be HEAVILY thinking of trading in.

There was also White Platinum for 2017.......a metallic/pearl white, but that was available on all Mustangs for that year.

I agree about offering all the Grabbers all the time. In fact, bring back the Grabber Edition (as per 1970) which offered any of the Grabber colors with "Boss 302-like" stripes :)

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I really love the EG and glad I chose to order my Mach 1 in that color.
I'm ordering a 2023 Maverick next year, and was hoping for Eruption Green. No luck. At least they kept Cyber Orange on the Maverick. Deciding between Cyber Orange, or the new Atlas Blue.

traxiii said:
Should Mustang really have only 5 grey tone (white to black) colors, 2 muted reds and 3 boring blues? How ordinary for such an extraordinary car.

11-blazing-saddles-quotes-568498680-gif.gif
No car should have 5 gray tones. Gray should be 3 shades, light, medium, and dark.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Where in Indiana? I’m near Indy if you need someone to look at it
Subaru of Fort Wayne. Thehy texted me that it sold yesterday. Thank you for that offer.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty tame selection. I am surprised that Eruption Green and Mischievous Purple turn out to be one-year colors. But nothing really pops other than Grabber Blue. Is the S650 supposed to be a "refined and grown up" model with a more "sophisticated" palette? Or is it just that we are heading into a recession, and car colors always get boring during recessions (check your history.)
Not sure if recession is the issue as Ford Bronco has many colors to choose from. My problem is that if I am purchasing a sports car for over 60K I want the color of my choice and not 3 shades of black, gray or silver and one red, yellow or blue. I look for light pastel colors that Ford seems to avoid at all costs probably because black and gray paint costs less for them as other manufacturers love to use that paint. I would be happy to pay extra 2K for color of my choice from a larger color selection. Why does Mach 1 model has to have smaller color selection then a standard GT or Shelby GT500? At this time the only way to get the fun colors is with Hotwheels mustangs and dream that someday the option of order in any color from factory would be possible.

HOTWHEELS.jpg

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
With the production issues they're having, Ford limiting color choices doesn't seem odd.

They can barely manufacture cars at this point, much less adding in more colors.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They can barely manufacture cars at this point, much less adding in more colors.
one could argue they can't even pre-treat panels or get basic painting done correctly, regardless of color.
Sponsored