Moosetang69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
4 months would be a good estimate.
Thanks Zach! I may be one of the anomalies where I'd like to delay the build/delivery as late as possible haha. Ideally I'd like to get my car summer/fall of 2023..

Would the ~4 month estimate also apply to the Mach 1s? I'm relatively new to Mustang factory orders, but if my research is right, Mach 1 orders generally don't get built until the spring?

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Thanks Zach! I may be one of the anomalies where I'd like to delay the build/delivery as late as possible haha. Ideally I'd like to get my car summer/fall of 2023..

Would the ~4 month estimate also apply to the Mach 1s? I'm relatively new to Mustang factory orders, but if my research is right, Mach 1 orders generally don't get built until the spring?
I might be wrong here, but I believe the MACH 1 with handling package is the only thing that is delayed right now. From what people are saying here we will not get a normal production year either. It might not be possible to receive a 2023 in the fall of next year. The latest would be summer 2023.

I think if you put a order in right now the 4 month wait time is correct. I put a order in this month and scheduled for production week of 12/19/22. So I would expect my car to be at the dealership and ready to go a few months after that. Not factoring in any unexpected delays of course.

Moosetang69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
I might be wrong here, but I believe the MACH 1 with handling package is the only thing that is delayed right now. From what people are saying here we will not get a normal production year either. It might not be possible to receive a 2023 in the fall of next year. The latest would be summer 2023.

I think if you put a order in right now the 4 month wait time is correct. I put a order in this month and scheduled for production week of 12/19/22. So I would expect my car to be at the dealership and ready to go a few months after that. Not factoring in any unexpected delays of course.
Ah I think you're right - I think it is the handling package that may delay things.

With these estimated timelines in mind, I wonder if it makes sense to buy an in-stock vehicle when I'm in a position to buy. I just recently sold my second car cause it hasn't been driven much, so it'll be counterintuitive to pay for another car to sit.. haha

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Ah I think you're right - I think it is the handling package that may delay things.

With these estimated timelines in mind, I wonder if it makes sense to buy an in-stock vehicle when I'm in a position to buy. I just recently sold my second car cause it hasn't been driven much, so it'll be counterintuitive to pay for another car to sit.. haha
In my opinion its risky considering the short production run and the car market gets hot during the spring/summer for performance cars. I would put a late order in and take delivery in the summer. If the car doesn't get build then buy off the lot.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Mspider is correct, Mach 1 HP production doesn’t start until March because of the Cup2 tires. MY23 is going to be very short, Ford wants S650’s on dealer lots by the summer ‘23. So I would just keep that in mind and I wouldn’t assume there’s going to be a ton of dealer stock to choose from, especially a Mach 1. Just my $0.02

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang

The mach 1 would probably take longer because of higher demand. You would be correct in saying that it wouldn't be built until spring if it is a Handling package car, those with Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires are late availability.

It is tough trying to play the waiting game, because I believe 2023 will be a short production run for the Mustang.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Is that 4 months from scheduled date?
No, approximately 4 months from when you order it. Scheduled date should give you an idea on when the vehicle will be built and it'll be approximately 4 weeks from then it'll be at the store.

That being said, there are always delays, etc that could pop up.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
We are still rolling through the 2022s. We've had great luck getting the 2023 orders in, the only hold up being the 2023 Mach 1 with the handling package. We do have one of those units on the ground as a 2022 ready for delivery.

Seems like the Iconic Silver and Figher Jet Gray continue to be the most popular colors on the Mach 1.
Mach 1 FJG.jpg
Mach 1 Mustang.jpg
Mustang CS.jpg
Mustang Mach 1.jpg
Sponsored