Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
One of my favorite things about the GT350's here in full race trim is the fact that they still use an OEM closed airbox. I know there's power limits but it still shows that the factory GT airbox works well.
It works well at restricting power, hence its use on this application.
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Congrats to Harrison Burton and Zane Smith on winning the Daytona GT4 race. Congrats to Ben Rhoads on setting a track record for fast time during the race. Nice to see the GT4 Mustangs off to great start this year. Congrats to Ford Performance on a great win.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Great pix indeed!

I was hoping they were going to run the S650 based GT4 though.
the car is not even presented yet besides the short rendered video.
It will race at 2024 IMSA though.
I'm guessing Ford Performance are taking this season to learn a lot and setup operations of the factory team. Starting with a 1 and 3 place finish is a good start for the team and great to see Ford factory team back in IMSA. Saying that Porsche didn't have the pace is not correct. It just turned out Porsche Cayman is less reliable from Ford in a 4 hours race. This just goes to show how the cars are build Ford tough.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Proof that the stock air filter is more than good enough for anything you might do with these cars, haha. I know it's a spec thing but it's still amusing.
The only proof here is that if you have a 5.2 based Voodoo engine that you want to limit to around 450hp, the stock airbox does that pretty well (amongst other things).

Yes I know the OEM stuff is good (especially for the Gen 3), but let's not make it some godly out of this world setup that is used by the best racers around the world for it's pure performance. It's used because it's the cheapest and easiest way to reign in the power of any engine regardless of how exotic it may be.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The only proof here is that if you have a 5.2 based Voodoo engine that you want to limit to around 450hp, the stock airbox does that pretty well (amongst other things).

Yes I know the OEM stuff is good (especially for the Gen 3), but let's not make it some godly out of this world setup that is used by the best racers around the world for it's pure performance. It's used because it's the cheapest and easiest way to reign in the power of any engine regardless of how exotic it may be.
Haha I know, it's just some humor.

Reactions: EFI

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
String is just as accurate as lasers (maybe even better) but I don't trip over the laser beam, knock over the jackstands holding the string, and cuss the whole mess. ;)
Then you're doing it wrong. Notice how the teams do it. The fixture is on the car, not seperate.

• Haha
Reactions: boB

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
The Mustangs were stupid. They had a fat BoP for Daytona and then showed everything. Sure, they won the race, but now they'll be turned down. Have fun with the rest of the season, boys.

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, there it is! Proof that the stock air filter is more than good enough for anything you might do with these cars, haha. I know it's a spec thing but it's still amusing.
this cars are like 450 hp you know right ?

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
The Mustangs were stupid. They had a fat BoP for Daytona and then showed everything. Sure, they won the race, but now they'll be turned down. Have fun with the rest of the season, boys.
Forgive my ignorance but what does this mean? "They had a fat BoP for Daytona and then showed everything. Sure, they won the race, but now they'll be turned down. "

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Aren't you some sort of racer, @WCRookie99? Explain it for him.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Forgive my ignorance but what does this mean? "They had a fat BoP for Daytona
Imsa has their version of restrictor plate racing ala NASCAR of yore. The GT4 probably got a big pass since there was no previous metric to establish how to crimp it's performance. So if say the stock airbox was insufficient measure, the next race they'll get a 50lb weight penalty or a reduced throttle body diameter. Or fuel injector duty cycle reduction or, or, or. ..

The organizer wants power/performance parity as close as possible so it becomes a driver's race not who has the biggest budget.
Sponsored