greengoblinmach

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
I did not state it was fact and that is why I said I heard/read on another post somewhere buried on the forums here. Looks like there still isn't an option on the website either when trying to build one and I also don't actually see the add-on for the GT500 spoiler either.
Seems like a lot is up in the air. Some say you can order my23 still per a dealer but, ford website differs greatly..

ford.com:
  1. Has HP options (wheels, spoiler) but no ability to order - though you can build and price
  2. HP itself is not available as option
  3. GT500 is not on website though which is in line wth 22 being last year, so why is 23 Mach 1 there if it's NOT available??
  4. Then there's this message which pretty much means to me, "nothing is guaranteed"
1677257337535.png
I think nothing anyone says can be taken as fact given all of these factors - we're all just theorizing on what's going on lol Tbh, seems like Ford and their dealers don't know it all and/or their information is constantly changing resulting in such conflicting reports of info between sources
Sponsored

OP
OP
greengoblinmach

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
false. There's a 23 HP already at a dealer.
Makes sense, despite reports of HP not getting built in winter. Hard to believe they put a 23 HP out before getting some folks' 22 orders out. Though, I suppose they were just cancelled.

I honestly figured the 23HP would be quite rare, as a 23 in general honestly. That is because I believed the story that the S650 is going to be available mid-late 2023.

I don't know turn around for re-tooling a factory but I really can't believe they're still making 23 Machs with a timeline like that for S650.

What may make sense is Ford is catching up w/ orders/ demand for s550 (since they're behind w/ canceled orders and whatnot) and s650 will be delayed..?

Either way, I wanted to jump on the 23 I found since it was rough-going. I'm curious though if there will be an onslaught of 23s hitting lots soon if they really are catching up

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I have to agree that when I think Mach 1 Mustang, this is what I think of...
1677191918880.png

Some of that original-ish white lettering/ yellow striping on certain colors would've been sweeeet.. It is a bit late 60s and I do think the black striping is more "now"

It's a win in my book since they used some inspiration with the stripes down the side and on the hood.

Good thing the fake hood vents aren't round and closer to the hood or windshield... Thanks for that image - I'm always going to think of it as penis stripe lol

Now that we're on about it, maybe a yellow/white stripe instead of black/white down the side would look killer and be proper homage - might clash with red brembos on mine though. Then again maybe yellow offset instead of white, you got me thinking now.. :crazy:
The stripe on mine was gold with red, stood out much sharper than the gold with white.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
There'll be few HP, but it makes sense - had to be ordered on day 1 of order books open, short year, not built in winter months, and especially almost everyone already got it, because 2023 should never have been Mach 1 year but they delayed S750 so you got the opportunity. In the end it doesn't matter, you can get the HP parts for cheaper than Ford and install them yourself in your desired configuration (or better than oem) and not let the dealer touch it. Oh, and Cup2s, there's a reason why almost everyone replaces them, when most never see the track and it's for show only. HP is for track and for serious track can be done better (HP splitter + wing and the rest aftermarket). This isn't really a collectible item :sunglasses:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The HP has less clearance, due to a couple reasons. For one, I believe there is actually just less clearance under the car. Maybe this is from the different springs used, but also I think the tire diameter is slightly smaller on the HP tires than the standard tires, which means the car sits a bit lower to the ground. But the bigger issue is the extra splitter on the HP that greatly reduces clearance and would make it very difficult to get it onto most tow trucks, hence the need to keep the spacers in case this situation ever arises. I believe the non-HP is quite similar to the GT as far as clearance and such, so getting it onto a tow should be fairly easy. Unfortunately, my dealer initially missed removing the spacers which I noticed and called them out on to remove before driving home, but I didnā€™t realize I was also supposed to keep them for this reason and so now I just have to hope I never need to tow the car.
The PP, aka non HP Mach 1 is about the same as any GT when equipped with the Ford Performance Track Handling pack (1ā€ lower than stock GT) as far as ride height is concerned, plus Mag ride shock/struts-same as HP.

Last edited:

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
The PP, aka non HP Mach 1 is about the same as any GT when equipped with the Ford Performance Track Handling pack (1ā€ lower than stock GT) as far as ride height is concerned, plus Mag ride shock/struts-same as HP.
Interesting. How does a non HP Mach 1 compare then to a GT with PP 1?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, the wheels are 1/2ā€ wider all around than a GTPP, Bullitt version 5.0 with GT350 enhancements, Tremec 3160 manual, lower and more aggressively handling and engine tune, lower by 1ā€ with associated handling benefits, more aggressive braking. The PP Mach is actually the same as the HP a without the wheel/tire/spring/spoiler change out.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
false. There's a 23 HP already at a dealer.
A lot, if not all, of the 23' Mach 1s have HP parts (wheels, spoiler, etc.), but they don't have the Handling Package. So weird.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not at all. Product specifications and packages may change at any time especially when we have a bunch of leftover stuff.
I can see a meeting where the Mach 1 was promoted as an excellent venue for equalizing the surplus of unused parts specific to other S550ā€™s itā€™s comprised of that were not built due to various shortages of other components.

Last edited:

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
I got mine 3 weeks ago. Non-HP, split spoke wheels, not the birds nest wheels. One splitter up front, not two, lower wing in the back. 2/5/23 delivery date. Just the way I ordered it.

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
8hrs is nothing. Happy to deliver or at least arrange 3rd party trailer transport if preferred. Give Jason a call at least - the online estimators are notoriously inaccurate. Not that I'm trying to shill or pry a 1320 out of your hands... Give Lindsay Dodge (half a mile up the road from Ourisman Ford) a holler if you want a 2nd bid. They have a LONG list of folks wanting a 'final edition' and some of those may well be enticed by a 1320. This area has $$$$.
Still thinking about it, but would really like to see and drive it in person and that's a long drive. I wonder how one of these would do as a daily driver? I'm thinking I would have to get a 2nd vehicle for sure if I were to get it (I had been looking for a classic Cherokee, but no luck finding a good one). I can make it through the winter with my 1320 with the remote start and the DWS tires. But I sold my 2nd Mustang wheel set awhile back and now have two extra sets of Challenger wheels and tires I would have to sell. The car does look nice, but if I had to spec one out it would be an auto with tan or brown seats (which I know isn't offered with the mach) or possibly the Recaros.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Still thinking about it, but would really like to see and drive it in person and that's a long drive. I wonder how one of these would do as a daily driver? I'm thinking I would have to get a 2nd vehicle for sure if I were to get it (I had been looking for a classic Cherokee, but no luck finding a good one). I can make it through the winter with my 1320 with the remote start and the DWS tires. But I sold my 2nd Mustang wheel set awhile back and now have two extra sets of Challenger wheels and tires I would have to sell. The car does look nice, but if I had to spec one out it would be an auto with tan or brown seats (which I know isn't offered with the mach) or possibly the Recaros.
I believe youā€™re local (Iā€™m in NW Ohio) and my ā€˜23 HP Mach 1 (ā€˜22 order not built) was on the assembly line this week. It will be my DD and Iā€™ll replace the Cup2s and not install the secondary front splitter or gurney flap.
So, yes there are ā€˜23 HP cars being built and if you want to drive it Iā€™ll be around once the car comes in. Iā€™d like to see your 1320 also. And daily means snow tires to summer tires and back.
-J

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I believe youā€™re local (Iā€™m in NW Ohio) and my ā€˜23 HP Mach 1 (ā€˜22 order not built) was on the assembly line this week. It will be my DD and Iā€™ll replace the Cup2s and not install the secondary front splitter or gurney flap.
So, yes there are ā€˜23 HP cars being built and if you want to drive it Iā€™ll be around once the car comes in. Iā€™d like to see your 1320 also. And daily means snow tires to summer tires and back.
-J
Is your manual or auto? Yeah I've been doing year round for about 15 years with my 1320, two Mustangs and two Genesis Coupes before that all rwd. I usually keep all seasons half the year and either snow or good DWS for the winter. It's getting old switching them out though. I always have my dad help as I've never been good with that sort of thing and he's getting up there in age. That's why I've been looking for a beater like a Jeep Cherokee, but finding it hard to find one with lower mileage and minimal rust at a decent price in this area.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Is your manual or auto? Yeah I've been doing year round for about 15 years with my 1320, two Mustangs and two Genesis Coupes before that all rwd. I usually keep all seasons half the year and either snow or good DWS for the winter. It's getting old switching them out though. I always have my dad help as I've never been good with that sort of thing and he's getting up there in age. That's why I've been looking for a beater like a Jeep Cherokee, but finding it hard to find one with lower mileage and minimal rust at a decent price in this area.
Itā€™s a manual.
Iā€™ll be selling my current DD for $10k firm, a very very nice 2005 Lexus LS430.
Shoot me a message if you want to check out the Mach when it lands.
-J
Sponsored