Sponsored

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
I finally made an account, just to post & add this to the mystery of Mischievous Purple.

@TheSaidDeep on Twitter, A verified account with description "Director, Ford North America Communications" posted these pics. Looks to be from the same day they took the Brit Blue photos of the GT500

I'm having trouble believing him though... and would rather believe the Red is reflecting hard on the black... otherwise I'm pretty disappointed in the final color. The leaks suggested more of a pop. Unless the overcast weather is hiding it, it's just too dark.

FEE-ddDWQAwd9MW.jpg

FEE-ddFWQAM4IvU.jpg

Screenshot_20211113-164050_Twitter.jpg
Maybe I am color blind; almost Black?
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Looks to be an almost black color, much like Antimatter Blue was....

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Asked the guy who handles orders at work what Eruption Green availability is - shows a date of Feb 7th, so not too terrible unless you want your car ASAP. I'd imagine Oil Slick Purple is probably not far off either.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Ah, well in that case, Yes, I hope you do get a March build!
Just placed an order for a Deluxe Pack, Eruption Green, Handling Pack Mach1 from Grainger Ford. I'm hoping for a May/June orJuly delivery so I can drive it home in good weather and put more cash down on the deal. Good luck!

Dr_Banana_Hammock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
N
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium Grabber Blue

Sponsored

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
I tried asking a few dealers if I can place an order for a Mach 1 and they all said no, not sure if they just weren't aware yet of 2022 or if they aren't taking them

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I tried asking a few dealers if I can place an order for a Mach 1 and they all said no, not sure if they just weren't aware yet of 2022 or if they aren't taking them
Did you ask them why? The order banks are open so that is not an issue. Cannot image they they just wouldn't want to. Or stupid enough to think they can't. Why not just get in touch with our sponsor Chapman Ford in PA and order from them? It's a nice springtime drive from PA to Boston.

Sponsored

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
Did you ask them why? The order banks are open so that is not an issue. Cannot image they they just wouldn't want to. Or stupid enough to think they can't. Why not just get in touch with our sponsor Chapman Ford in PA and order from them? It's a nice springtime drive from PA to Boston.
no reason given, they all just said the Mach 1 is hard to get and a few told me they had some on order arriving all for 10K markup

I emailed Chapman and they said they would look into it but believed they had already ordered as many as they can

I found this one locally, but when I asked the price they said $73K

New 2021 Ford Mustang For Sale at Jannell Ford of Hanover | VIN: 1FA6P8R05M5553555

the only ones with smaller markups are the autos

EDIT:

Contacted another dealer today, they have a yellow on order but $15K markup

Granger got back and said they would order but that is far from me and figure I'd have to ship it.

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am disappointed with the 2022 Mach 1. I was hoping for a Drag Pack Option with 4.09 rear gears for 2022 model year. Not a buyer without Drag Pack Option.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I'm s
There really is no mystery other than the name change. This was always listed as a late arrival. Glad to have any pics even if they are not perfect. This is going to be one of those “see it in person” colors. No pic is going to do it justice.
I'm still calling it Oil Slick

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
no reason given, they all just said the Mach 1 is hard to get and a few told me they had some on order arriving all for 10K markup

I emailed Chapman and they said they would look into it but believed they had already ordered as many as they can

I found this one locally, but when I asked the price they said $73K

New 2021 Ford Mustang For Sale at Jannell Ford of Hanover | VIN: 1FA6P8R05M5553555

the only ones with smaller markups are the autos

EDIT:

Contacted another dealer today, they have a yellow on order but $15K markup

Granger got back and said they would order but that is far from me and figure I'd have to ship it.
Still way cheaper to ship it from Grainger, than pay ADM. Do like me and fly in and drive home. Make a fun road trip out of it. Or pay $1500 to ship it and still save thousands over MSRP, much less ADM over MSRP.

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
Someone who works at Flat Rock was lucky enough to be able to take the Atlas Blue '22 California Special home. The photos aren't the greatest, but......

22MY Cali Special 6.jpg
22MY Cali Special 7.jpg
22MY Cali Special 8.jpg
Gorgeous color on the CS. I really like it.
Sponsored