Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You speaking from experience on that? I wasn't even aware the Mopars had an electronic column lock.
no. I'm going from the premise that Detroit has failed miserably at every so-called "security" measure they've come up with esp as it relates to anything with software. You'd think they could actually hire someone who can credibly attack a system or hire real security engineers, and dispense with the false notion that normal programmers can somehow write security-hard software. Clearly they can't.

Ford et. al. get sued for all kinds of silly crap but a vehicle security feature that doesn't work and can be shown to be trivially defeated and can be argued in court to be bloody obvious (ie. Ford didn't bother to actually test their implementation) opens up a nasty legal risk.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Any idea when the site will be updated to the 2022 configurator?
Don't hold your breath, it took months before the '21 configurator was up, and weeks of glitches after.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If you compare the 5.0 to the 4.0 liter flat 6 Porsche uses you will see that there is significant potential to increase power without increasing displacement. The 4.0 Porsche makes 500 hp, and the 5.0 is 25% larger. I would be satisfied with 625 hp. Even if Ford fell short of Porsche's specific output and got about 580 from the 5.0 I would be ok with that.
No need to you just need to get Aluminator is 5.2 l 580 hp N/A. But it's $$$ Steeda have one on the Number 20 car.

Sponsored

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
no. I'm going from the premise that Detroit has failed miserably at every so-called "security" measure they've come up with esp as it relates to anything with software. You'd think they could actually hire someone who can credibly attack a system or hire real security engineers, and dispense with the false notion that normal programmers can somehow write security-hard software. Clearly they can't.

Ford et. al. get sued for all kinds of silly crap but a vehicle security feature that doesn't work and can be shown to be trivially defeated and can be argued in court to be bloody obvious (ie. Ford didn't bother to actually test their implementation) opens up a nasty legal risk.
Has the electronic column lock on the S550 been shown to not work?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
You speaking from experience on that? I wasn't even aware the Mopars had an electronic column lock.

Also my understanding is that the Charger/Challenger are susceptible to key signal spoofing (and just engaging the transmission emergency release on the automatics and being pushed away/loaded onto a flatbed).
Judging by where and from whom the Chargers are being stolen, I am of the belief that a number of the owners are actively creating the issue. No different than leaving an unwanted car or truck parked near the bridge in Laredo with the doors unlocked and the fob in plain sight.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Judging by where and from whom the Chargers are being stolen, I am of the belief that a number of the owners are actively creating the issue. No different than leaving an unwanted car or truck parked near the bridge in Laredo with the doors unlocked and the fob in plain sight.
Based on some of the stuff I've seen Charger owners participate in, I'd say that's an accurate assumption.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
It is a certain subset of people that own them and are the ones law enforcement has the most issues with. Race is not a factor either. It seems to be a mindset. Just as with some suv and pick up drivers that can get stupid in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang
Read this article and it explains why the Mustang has a reduced HP and not the other muscle boys. If you remember, during the Trump admin, California decided to create their own stricter regulatory guidelines. Ford, VW and Honda decided to join this effort where they are increasing fuel economy by 3.7% per year instead of the government mandated of 1.5%.

Stellantis and GM refuse to join and are lobbying congress on this because the Sleepy Administration is soon to adopt the California regulatory rules nationwide.

It seems that Ford is NOT mandated to reduce the HP, it is their decision based on joining the California regulators.

This would explain why the 2022 Dodge vehicles still have the same HP. At least its the best explanation so far.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/biden-administration-to-roll-out-tighter-cafe-rules-in-july/

Gramkeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mustang
I'm not clear on what the Active Anti-Theft System does do for the Security Package. I've tried looking online but haven't found a clear answer.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes, no point to talk about bigger displacement, it's highly unlikely it's going to happen. Coyote will stay 5.0. They're cutting power now because of emissions , they dropped 5.2 Voodoo and you think they'd add dozens of g/km of CO2 emissions? I think that train already left. Not in GT anyway. But there could be Boss 302 with 500 hp at some point, that would be sweet. There's a factory supercharged version for those who want significantly more power so they have it covered, various aftermarket options too.
It's almost like you don't really want more displacement and more power. I do.

This is a good place to tell Ford and their competitors what we want. I think the Dodge competitor to the Mustang is too large and heavy, but I like what Dodge is doing with larger engines. Ford may never get my money again if they don't make small cars and their Mustang is emasculated.

If you like porky cars with small engines or really complex hybrids - definitely speak up.

EB 135+ hp / L is impressive as well.
To me it's important to consider the entire package. I think the 2.3T would be more than impressive in my Fiesta ST, but in the Mustang it's ok, not great.

No need to you just need to get Aluminator is 5.2 l 580 hp N/A. But it's $$$ Steeda have one on the Number 20 car.
Yes, around 580 would be a good hp total and I would buy a new regular GT (not a limited production car that dealers mark up to a higher price) if it stayed at a reasonable weight and had that amount of power.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
It's almost like you don't really want more displacement and more power. I do.

This is a good place to tell Ford and their competitors what we want. I think the Dodge competitor to the Mustang is too large and heavy, but I like what Dodge is doing with larger engines. Ford may never get my money again if they don't make small cars and their Mustang is emasculated.

If you like porky cars with small engines or really complex hybrids - definitely speak up.

To me it's important to consider the entire package. I think the 2.3T would be more than impressive in my Fiesta ST, but in the Mustang it's ok, not great.

Yes, around 580 would be a good hp total and I would buy a new regular GT (not a limited production car that dealers mark up to a higher price) if it stayed at a reasonable weight and had that amount of power.
I think even better would be to get the car down to 3200-3500 lbs...

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Is ordering a combination outside of what is shown in the guide possible through a dealer versus online? Eruption Green with Tan interior?
Sponsored