2022 Mustang reliability projection to be "well below average"

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Yeah I know 10r80 is hit and miss, but at least it's still better than mt82 from what i've seen. I'm hoping if I change the fluid frequently it will be okay. I was referring more to things like magnaride and the digital dash and other things that could cause expensive problems later down the road
Yea, this is a car I will absolutely be purchasing an extended warranty for as long as possible
Sponsored

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Yea, this is a car I will absolutely be purchasing an extended warranty for as long as possible
tbh i've never bought an extended warranty before but i will get one for this car too. Are there any companies you know of that are reputable?

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
tbh i've never bought an extended warranty before but i will get one for this car too. Are there any companies you know of that are reputable?
Most people here seem to prefer the Ford extended service plans (ESP). The catch is you donā€™t buy them from Ford, you have to buy them from a dealership, but it doesnā€™t really matter where the dealership is physically located šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø. Flood Ford is a dealer that people have mentioned a few times in the past

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang Ecoboost
Most people here seem to prefer the Ford extended service plans (ESP). The catch is you donā€™t buy them from Ford, you have to buy them from a dealership, but it doesnā€™t really matter where the dealership is physically located šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø. Flood Ford is a dealer that people have mentioned a few times in the past
Ziegler ford has some great deals and promo codes. I was quoted 1330 for the premium tier (7 years/85k miles) with first day rental.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
For those of us that don't drive much the 8 year/36,000 mile plan may be less than $1700.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
It's pretty simple why this is actually true - every manufacturer of pretty much anything, after releasing a product - fixes issues that has to but primary focus is _always_ cost reduction. This is why vehicles are worse later in their model years with less features.
Like I've said many times elsewhere - there is entire team of people at Ford working on how to reduce manufacturing cost of their cars to increase the margins. It is always done "without impact to quality" - it's a nice theory but nothing more than that.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I like your price better! :)
Update: my local dealer was within $50 of Ziegler's online quote for the PremiumCare plan.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Update: my local dealer was within $50 of Ziegler's online quote for the PremiumCare plan.
Thatā€™s great. I forgot you were in Florida where a number on the online sellers are not offering these plans.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
CR AKA communist raters is a worthless rag...

I say that not because I think the Mustang will be trouble free, I bought a 8 year 100,000 mile ESP warranty but CR is just garbage.

I would call them kami retards but people tell me that retards is an impolite term to use these days. And being that we're on that topic, for the record I would never call someone who was truly mentally handicapped or had congenital cognitive difficulties a retard. If I call you a retard it's because you're just plain flat-out stupid :-)

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
CR AKA communist raters is a worthless rag...

I say that not because I think the Mustang will be trouble free, I bought a 8 year 100,000 mile ESP warranty but CR is just garbage.
I think CR is fair/honest. I don't see any reason at getting upset with them because they downgraded the Mustang for reliability. It's not like they have any 'agenda' with regards to the car or with Ford in general.

The truth probably is that the car has had multiple build/quality issues since the 2018 update, which I do not at all find hard to believe. That doesn't mean the car isn't worth owning, as CR themselves repeatedly report high customer satisfaction. They tailor their recommendations towards the general car buying public, so if they perceive something as being excessively unreliable, they won't recommend it. I'm not letting that stop me from buying a Mustang, but it does mean you should at least consider buying an extended warranty, which you already admitted to doing.....so in the most meaningful of ways, you agree with the CR recommendation šŸ˜‚.

Also idk where communism comes into play here, but I'm sure you can educate me.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
As I clicked the link I said this has to be Consumer Reports. It is, of course. I stopped reading CR years ago. The quality of their reporting is not today what it used to be.

For instance, the A10 software issue. That was mainly on the 18ā€˜s. There hasnā€™t been an update for a few years now. Same goes for the digital dash. Neither of these past issues gives any indication of what 2022 reliability could be.

It is CR. And it's their methods that are suspect. The Mustang's reliability didn't suddenly drop. Same transmissions, same electronics except with bug fixes applied. I just took delivery of a '21 GT with the 401a package (digital dash and all the electronics). I am not worried. I'll probably buy a long warranty, but I don't worry that I'll be on a first-name basis with the service manager at the dealer, either.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It is CR. And it's their methods that are suspect. The Mustang's reliability didn't suddenly drop. Same transmissions, same electronics except with bug fixes applied. I just took delivery of a '21 GT with the 401a package (digital dash and all the electronics). I am not worried. I'll probably buy a long warranty, but I don't worry that I'll be on a first-name basis with the service manager at the dealer, either.
CRā€™s long term reliability information is based on member reporting not CR testing. So it really depends on how many members filled out the questionnaire and how many of them had certain issues. I did this for many, many years but I found that over time the reported information was not as reliable.
Sponsored