2022 Mustang PRODUCTION DELAYS

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
You’d think Ford over in America invoice our dealers once the vehicle has left them. Not sure how long dealers wait to pass it on before the actual delivery to us occurs. I got a slight decrease from the original contract so always have in the back of my head it was a mistake and I’ll get slugged lol. I won’t be paying shit though
I think Ford America send the invoice to Ford Australia when built. (Or when window sticker is created)

My dealer said they have to wait for the car to pass all government checks and compliance before they can issue an invoice to me.
Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
It can be offsite for bigger dealers who sometimes have a seperate workshop which looks after multiple brands but normally it’s a part of the service department and done onsite.
It feels like the PD process is taking forever. I hope there isn't massive delay of another week once they call me. Getting a bank cheque tomorrow and I really want it Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Which means I probably won't see it until Thursday. Haha.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
For anyone that has used tracking in the past, does dealer delivery in this instance mean it is at the dealer and ready for sale?

1679242675227.png

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
One thing not helping delays is the Hoegh Trooper in Berth at Melbourne MIRRAT since 17/02. Just did some searching and the vessel experienced a fire onboard in the engine room on 18/02 and is currently disabled and being repaired. Port schedule has it in place until 20/04. So currently only 2 usable berths at this terminal now. Currently 10 boats waiting in queue to berth at MIRRAT.

ihatewaiting

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
S550
One thing not helping delays is the Hoegh Trooper in Berth at Melbourne MIRRAT since 17/02. Just did some searching and the vessel experienced a fire onboard in the engine room on 18/02 and is currently disabled and being repaired. Port schedule has it in place until 20/04. So currently only 2 usable berths at this terminal now. Currently 10 boats waiting in queue to berth at MIRRAT.
Just one shit show after another lol

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Just one shit show after another lol
They should be utilising the AAT terminal. It's an extra 3 berths and always seems empty. It's where Thermopylae was laid up for 10 days between docking at MIRRAT.

Case

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Atlas Blue GT MY23, Magneride, 10R80 30/05/23
Now that the local ports are totally overwhelmed, the local authorities are pressuring the OEM's to do the cleaning at the point of origin, rather than at our ports when the cars arrive. Its not a great idea. I have worked at a Korean car shipping port and can tell you that these ports are designed for export (obviously) and aren't equipped for this type of work. Pity the locals didn't think of this 2 months ago when they first discovered they had a problem :curse:.
Even if the OEM's do agree and have the capacity to clean cars at the country of origin, that doesn't account for all of the cars already on the water or sitting on the dock in Melbourne, which I think is probably where some of our cars are.
God only knows what condition they will be when we finally get them. I have already spoken to my detailer to forewarn him.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Well I wish my dealer would hurry up and give me my car... Heh... I probably don't expect it until end of next week at this stage, which sucks. But if it's been through an ordeal it might be taking longer to get it ready for final delivery to me.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Got an email today from what I think might be a delivery co-ordinator. Looked like a generic email to offer pre delivery tint and paint protection etc.

Hopefully that means they basically have the car and it’s ready to rock and roll.

I’ve replied and hoping to hear back for a set delivery day

Sponsored

Case

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Got an email today from what I think might be a delivery co-ordinator. Looked like a generic email to offer pre delivery tint and paint protection etc.

Hopefully that means they basically have the car and it’s ready to rock and roll.

I’ve replied and hoping to hear back for a set delivery day
Nice...congrats. Make sure you apply a bit of friendly pressure to the dealer to get it through PD fast. You have been a patient customer, buying one of their premium products. I am sure they can find a way. Good dealers look after good customers.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
AAAAAARGH!!!!!

Dealer just called me and asked if I'd broken any mirrors or run over any black cats.

Good news, they have the car. Bad news, they need to replace the front bumper and grill as these have been smashed into at some time during transit. He said it looks like a white vehicle has back into it or something.

So now it has to get taken to their body shop to have those components replaced. So yet again further delays. I can't win, seriously.

Visiting the dealer tomorrow to discuss adding some options. They have given me a good quote on tint and paint protection but want more info. At this stage I just want everything done by them so I don't have to be without the car later. Maybe I can tweak the price a little.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
AAAAAARGH!!!!!

Dealer just called me and asked if I'd broken any mirrors or run over any black cats.

Good news, they have the car. Bad news, they need to replace the front bumper and grill as these have been smashed into at some time during transit. He said it looks like a white vehicle has back into it or something.

So now it has to get taken to their body shop to have those components replaced. So yet again further delays. I can't win, seriously.

Visiting the dealer tomorrow to discuss adding some options. They have given me a good quote on tint and paint protection but want more info. At this stage I just want everything done by them so I don't have to be without the car later. Maybe I can tweak the price a little.
Damn mate you cant get a break , just look at it this way you are due for a great run of luck after this , Cant blame you for getting tint and PP by dealer now , you just need to enjoy this car . Fingers crossed for you 🤞

Case

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
AAAAAARGH!!!!!

Yeah
Very disappointing TTT. Its no comfort or consolation but the longer these cars spend in transit, the worse their condition will be. Like I said earlier, not expecting mine to be in pristine condition either. Sounds like your dealer is doing their best to look after you though, which is a plus.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Damn mate you cant get a break , just look at it this way you are due for a great run of luck after this , Cant blame you for getting tint and PP by dealer now , you just need to enjoy this car . Fingers crossed for you 🤞
Well a bought a ticket to the lotto for Saturday night, would love the luck to shift then. Haha.
Just want to confirm some details on the PP and will likely let them do it.

Yeah
Very disappointing TTT. Its no comfort or consolation but the longer these cars spend in transit, the worse their condition will be. Like I said earlier, not expecting mine to be in pristine condition either. Sounds like your dealer is doing their best to look after you though, which is a plus.
Dealer is being great if I am honest. Everyone I deal with has been great and sympathetic towards my constant delays.

Had a good meeting with the dealer today and sorted out accessories. Got a front and rear dashcam including an offline kit which records in time lapse while the car is off and parked. Organised it at cost price with free install so was happy with that.

And in somewhat good news they reckon they will have the car ready for me 4pm next Friday. It hurt when he said scheduled delivery was going to be today.

7 days, 1 hour and 17 minutes to go.
Sponsored