2022 Mustang PRODUCTION DELAYS

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I ordered very early May ‘21. GT manual Atlas Blue (was originally Velocity Blue) with Recaros and black badges.
Please share some photos here when you get it mate. Mine is Atlas Blue as well, and I'll be changing mine to black emblems as well. I'm keen to see an Atlas Blue Aussie spec car with the euro tail lights. All the photos I've seen so far are US spec cars.

I bet you are exited! Almost there.
Sponsored

H3Y0U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I ordered very early May ‘21. GT manual Atlas Blue (was originally Velocity Blue) with Recaros and black badges.
Maybe because you have more options than mine.

I ordered my car 20/05 last year. Built in April.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Please share some photos here when you get it mate. Mine is Atlas Blue as well, and I'll be changing mine to black emblems as well. I'm keen to see an Atlas Blue Aussie spec car with the euro tail lights. All the photos I've seen so far are US spec cars.

I bet you are exited! Almost there.
I spotted an Atlas Blue Mach 1 the other day, it looked absolutely stunning in that color. If there was going to be a color to dray me away from Race Red, Atlas Blue would be it!

I can't wait to see your car, I'm probably just as excited as you are about seeing it.

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I spotted an Atlas Blue Mach 1 the other day, it looked absolutely stunning in that color. If there was going to be a color to dray me away from Race Red, Atlas Blue would be it!

I can't wait to see your car, I'm probably just as excited as you are about seeing it.
Well maybe not AS excited, but I appreciate the sentiment.
Although, as you literally made me spend $1000 on cleaning items, I hope you are bloody excited too 😉😆

h3rdus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2022.25 Fastback GT 10SPD
You can look at the shipping schedules for around that time on the shipping company’s website. Im doing the same, constantly checking here for info. Ordered an MG for the wife now too, was hoping that would help ease the wait but now I’m waiting on an allocation list from them too. :(.
Wow, didn't even know this was possible! I gather though that information won't be available yet though? Apologies - maybe I need to do some more research across the forums.

In other news, I did miss a call from the dealer on Friday, will call them on Monday, but hoping nothing has changed.... Will update.

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Wow, didn't even know this was possible! I gather though that information won't be available yet though? Apologies - maybe I need to do some more research across the forums.

In other news, I did miss a call from the dealer on Friday, will call them on Monday, but hoping nothing has changed.... Will update.
What is your ETA? I'm in Brisbane with ETA of 03/12 and Segmentation of 12/09. I think the Thalatta may be the ship my car sails on as it's due to dock in Brisbane 21/11 which would fit the time frame. It seems to fit the ETA of 19/12 for Bfets in Perth too due to dock in Fremantle 01/12. It is in Baltimore 13-16 October. 1 month after Segmentation may be tight. The next scheduled ship doesn't arrive in Brisbane until 10/12.

This is all speculation and just assuming everything goes to plan on the US side for transport to Baltimore. Shipping of completed vehicles seems to be an issue over there atm.

Looking forward to what your update is from the dealer. Hopefully good news for you and pending what that is I may have to hit up my dealer for an update.

Last edited:

h3rdus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
What is your ETA? I'm in Brisbane with ETA of 03/12 and Segmentation of 12/09. I think the Thalatta may be the ship my car sails on as it's due to dock in Brisbane 21/11 which would fit the time frame. It seems to fit the ETA of 19/12 for Bfets in Perth too due to dock in Fremantle 01/12. It is in Baltimore 13-16 October. 1 month after Segmentation may be tight. The next scheduled ship doesn't arrive in Brisbane until 10/12.

This is all speculation and just assuming everything goes to plan on the US side for transport to Baltimore. Shipping of completed vehicles seems to be an issue over there atm.

Looking forward to what your update is from the dealer. Hopefully good news for you and pending what that is I may have to hit up my dealer for an update.
Exactly the same as yours actually - apologies, trying to still figure out how to attach screenshots redacted... :D So far no changes, the only change was the previous sales rep has departed the dealer - hence the call (phew~). Will update as soon as I hear back on the VIN assignment as it's getting very close to the Segmentation date.

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Exactly the same as yours actually - apologies, trying to still figure out how to attach screenshots redacted... :D So far no changes, the only change was the previous sales rep has departed the dealer - hence the call (phew~). Will update as soon as I hear back on the VIN assignment as it's getting very close to the Segmentation date.
I contacted me dealer. Still no change, no VIN. The sales guy I've been dealing with almost seemed shitty that I had asked. Confirmed ETA is still 03/12 at this stage. I won't ask again now until the week prior to segmentation. Just over 3 weeks until segmentation so not much longer to wait.

h3rdus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
I contacted me dealer. Still no change, no VIN. The sales guy I've been dealing with almost seemed shitty that I had asked. Confirmed ETA is still 03/12 at this stage. I won't ask again now until the week prior to segmentation. Just over 3 weeks until segmentation so not much longer to wait.
Yeah - I've been wanting to bother them every week, but given I've originally put the order in last year (nearly waited 10 months now), I've decided to wait patiently... 😄

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Yeah - I've been wanting to bother them every week, but given I've originally put the order in last year (nearly waited 10 months now), I've decided to wait patiently... 😄
I've only contacted them twice since I ordered at end of June.

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I feel your pain guys. Ordered April/May 21 (16 months). Every contact feels like you’re hassling them. This is partly because Ford keeps the dealers in the dark, so the dealers just don’t have the info to answer our questions.
Multiple times in the last few days I’ve had to TELL my dealer and dealer principle where my car was, as I have more info via the Ceva website than the dealers have. They’re talking about not knowing whether the car was still on the ship now in Fremantle, and I’m saying no, it was offloaded in Melb and arrived in SA on this day.
If the dealer had the info it would feel much less painful. Their lack of info is one of the main causes of the awkwardness.

h3rdus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
I feel your pain guys. Ordered April/May 21 (16 months). Every contact feels like you’re hassling them. This is partly because Ford keeps the dealers in the dark, so the dealers just don’t have the info to answer our questions.
Multiple times in the last few days I’ve had to TELL my dealer and dealer principle where my car was, as I have more info via the Ceva website than the dealers have. They’re talking about not knowing whether the car was still on the ship now in Fremantle, and I’m saying no, it was offloaded in Melb and arrived in SA on this day.
If the dealer had the info it would feel much less painful. Their lack of info is one of the main causes of the awkwardness.
Agree. Would have been nicer if there was some level of transparency all the way through to the actual buyer, but I guess it is what it is. Excited for you though - sounds like it's not too far off!
Sponsored