2022 Mustang PRODUCTION DELAYS

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Toyota - Soon to be Mustang GT Convertible
I have just realised something. If you get the screenshot from your dealer, there is an item called transport number. Now that my car is onboard that has changed from a date to the vessel name.

The date that was showing was the date that the THEBEN is due to dock in Port Kembla. So my car was scheduled to be on the THEBEN and the hint was already there. It is then confirmed by changing it to the vessel name when it sails.

Hope this helps someone tracking their car and shipping.

I've just received confirmation that my car is on the 'THEBEN' as well... :-)
Sponsored

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So I requested a new screenshot of my order. My segmentation date is still 7 September. Estimated build month is still blank and I dont have a VIN yet. From memory the VIN gets issued around 4-6 weeks before segmentation so I'm hoping I dont have any issues since I dont have one yet.
The ETA on the order is still 17th December. Fingers crossed I get mine before Christmas. What a present that would be.
Good luck man, I hope you get it by Xmas, but without wanting to be a downer, you might not want to hold your breath. A, because Xmas, and B, my delivery is going to be about a month and a half later than what it said a month before it was built, when I already had a VIN. It slipped half a month by the time it was built, and actual is going to be a month after that.
Maybe you’ll be lucky, but prepare to wait that bit longer.
Still, I remember hoping mine would arrive in time for Xmas on the dealer’s original eta. Xmas last year :D

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Good luck man, I hope you get it by Xmas, but without wanting to be a downer, you might not want to hold your breath. A, because Xmas, and B, my delivery is going to be about a month and a half later than what it said a month before it was built, when I already had a VIN. It slipped half a month by the time it was built, and actual is going to be a month after that.
Still, I remember hoping mine would arrive in time for Xmas on the dealer’s original eta. Xmas last year :D
Oh yeah for sure. With the current state of things, I take everything with a grain of salt. Doesnt matter when I get it, but when I do, its going to be awesome.

Do you remember how long before your segmentation date you got a VIN?

H3Y0U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
what model you have ordered? I have been told Xmas last year and I got it in July this year.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
So I requested a new screenshot of my order. My segmentation date is still 7 September. Estimated build month is still blank and I dont have a VIN yet. From memory the VIN gets issued around 4-6 weeks before segmentation so I'm hoping I dont have any issues since I dont have one yet.
The ETA on the order is still 17th December. Fingers crossed I get mine before Christmas. What a present that would be.
I was gunna ask my dealer for a new screenshot also but based on what you said I think I'll keep waiting. I've heard I won't get a VIN until maybe 2 weeks before segmentation. I'm trying to wait until the end of the month to ask for another update.

This is what my screenshot looked like 25/07/22.

Order Screenshot.PNG

Sponsored

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I was gunna ask my dealer for a new screenshot also but based on what you said I think I'll keep waiting. I've heard I won't get a VIN until maybe 2 weeks before segmentation. I'm trying to wait until the end of the month to ask for another update.

This is what my screenshot looked like 25/07/22.
For what its worth, here is mine:
1660205089336.png

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Nice. We ordered same day.
Yeah who knows, perhaps our cars will be traveling buddies. I'm wondering if my ETA is later than yours because perhaps the ships stop over East first and then come to WA...

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Yeah who knows, perhaps our cars will be traveling buddies. I'm wondering if my ETA is later than yours because perhaps the ships stop over East first and then come to WA...
Yeah very likely to be the on the same boat I reckon. Yeah definitely later with the extra boat time to WA

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
I have been trying to guess which boat it will come over on. Hehe

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Yeah not sure we'd be able to know that yet, but I'm watching these forums like a hawk for any more information.
You can look at the shipping schedules for around that time on the shipping company’s website. Im doing the same, constantly checking here for info. Ordered an MG for the wife now too, was hoping that would help ease the wait but now I’m waiting on an allocation list from them too. :(.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
You can look at the shipping schedules for around that time on the shipping company’s website. Im doing the same, constantly checking here for info. Ordered an MG for the wife now too, was hoping that would help ease the wait but now I’m waiting on an allocation list from them too. :(.
Lol - That seems to be the case with just about all new cars. I have a friend that ordered a Rav4 hybrid. He has been waiting longer than me for the Mustang and might get it around the same time in December. Its nuts.

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Oh yeah for sure. With the current state of things, I take everything with a grain of salt. Doesnt matter when I get it, but when I do, its going to be awesome.

Do you remember how long before your segmentation date you got a VIN?
I had a VIN in mid March, segmentation mid April, built mid May.
Docking in Melbourne in less than 30mins, so offload mid Aug 😁
Hopefully should have it in a couple more weeks.

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
what model you have ordered? I have been told Xmas last year and I got it in July this year.
I ordered very early May ‘21. GT manual Atlas Blue (was originally Velocity Blue) with Recaros and black badges.
Sponsored