2022 Mustang PRODUCTION DELAYS

h3rdus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2022.25 Fastback GT 10SPD
New member here (Hi All!) and just got a note from the dealer I've got a segmentation date of 12-Sep-22 as well for Sydney. Not sure if it means the same boat over with others, but will be a happy Christmas for sure!
Sponsored

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
MY22 Mustang New Orders Closed - Until MY23

UPDATE 05/08/22 Re: US Production – MY22 FINAL Order (Model End) for MY22 From 10 Aug 2022;

With the current Australian Stop-Sale on New MY22 Mustang Orders, there will be NO MORE MY22 Orders Taken, as FINAL Orders have been brought forward to 10/08/22
".......the final day to submit new customer retail orders for 2022 Model Year Escape and Mustang is August 10, 2022.

Retail ordering reopens for 23MY later this year

SUMMARY

Escape and Mustang continue to experience high customer demand. We are making the decision to pause and no longer accept new 2022 Model Year Escape and Mustang retail orders after August 10, 2022 to focus on existing orders.

After August 10, 2022 and for the remainder of the 2022 model year, dealers will continue to be able to submit orders for (existing) Escape and Mustang dealer stock inventory and if selected for scheduling within existing commodity constraints, customers will be able to purchase these vehicles from dealers upon arrival.

We will start retail ordering for the 2023 Model Year Escape and Mustang later this year.

KEY DATES

August 10, 2022: Dealers have until 10pm EDT to submit new 2022 Escape and Mustang retail orders

WBDO/CONCEPs will no longer accept new retail orders after this date and time

New customer retail orders will resume with the opening of the 2023 Model Year Escape and Mustang later this year"
Hey Steve do you have a link to the article, I have an order with my dealer but no allocation so I'm keen to chase them to see what it means to me.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
New member here (Hi All!) and just got a note from the dealer I've got a segmentation date of 12-Sep-22 as well for Sydney. Not sure if it means the same boat over with others, but will be a happy Christmas for sure!
Welcome. I am very new myself. Heaps of good info on these forums.

That is the same segmentation date as me.

What do you have on order if you don't mind me asking? Do you have a VIN yet?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Hey Steve do you have a link to the article, I have an order with my dealer but no allocation so I'm keen to chase them to see what it means to me.
Here is the article / Notice in Full. Please note this is an end date for US Retail Orders on the system, however this would be logically reflective of general production related orders for all Mustangs. By closing MY22 Orders early, Ford could be compensating for Chip Shortages, so the next order-book opening will be for the MY23. If your dealer has not secured an allocation by then, you could be looking at a wait till 15 Sep for the MY23 Order Book opening.

As a final S550 Run-Out Model, it will be interesting to see if Ford give the MY23 a little boost in Features and Power. (the impending S650 is rumored to be getting a power boost.)

ice-capades
Topic Starter

Posted Thursday at 09:40 AM
INFORMATION
2022 Model Year Escape and Mustang - Important Retail Order Bank Update

ACTION REQUESTED
  • Inform your teams that the final day to submit new customer retail orders for 2022 Model Year Escape and Mustang is August 10, 2022.
    • Retail ordering reopens for 23MY later this year
SUMMARY
Escape and Mustang continue to experience high customer demand. We are making the decision to pause and no longer accept new 2022 Model Year Escape and Mustang retail orders after August 10, 2022 to focus on existing orders.

After August 10, 2022 and for the remainder of the 2022 model year, dealers will continue to be able to submit orders for Escape and Mustang dealer stock inventory and if selected for scheduling within existing commodity constraints, customers will be able to purchase these vehicles from dealers upon arrival.

We will start retail ordering for the 2023 Model Year Escape and Mustang later this year.

KEY DATES
  • August 10, 2022: Dealers have until 10pm EDTto submit new 2022 Escape and Mustang retail orders
    • WBDO/CONCEPs will no longer accept new retail orders after this date and time
  • August 17, 2022: Dealers must complete the Retail Order Verification Process by 10pm EDT for new retail orders to be considered for 2022 Model Year Escape and Mustang scheduling
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
  • We will continue to prioritize existing verified retail orders for 2022 Escape and Mustang submitted prior to or on August 10, 2022, pending specific supply/commodity availability
    • WBDO will allow dealers to modify specs on existing retail orders after August 10, 2022
      • Body and PEP codes cannot be changed
  • 2022 Model Year Escape and Mustang dealer stock inventory ordering will remain open after August 10, 2022
  • New customer retail orders will resume with the opening of the 2023 Model Year Escape and Mustang later this year
  • More information about 2023 Model Year Escape and Mustang will be shared at a later date

team_moderator.png

Last edited:

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
You're a legend! There's some interesting info there. It looks like if my car doesn't leave by the 5th August then it will only leave late August. Here's hoping I get my 'shipping' email in the next couple of days!
Mine now says Compound Out 1st August. Hopefully that means I am on the Theban that left on 2nd August.

1659825188158.png

If not I might be on the Morning Peace which left 3 days later.

I have never yet recieved an email from Ford telling me where my Mustang is up to so not expecting one this time either.

Getting close now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Mine now says Compound Out 1st August. Hopefully that means I am on the Theban that left on 2nd August.

1659825188158.png

If not I might be on the Morning Peace which left 3 days later.

I have never yet recieved an email from Ford telling me where my Mustang is up to so not expecting one this time either.

Getting close now.
I hope your correct, and I do not wish to be a downer, but unless it states: "Location: Baltimore", it is On Its Way to Baltimore Warf (1-2 weeks by Rail), then it is Compounded at Baltimore until there are enough cars to fill the ship.

Last edited:

h3rdus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Welcome. I am very new myself. Heaps of good info on these forums.

That is the same segmentation date as me.

What do you have on order if you don't mind me asking? Do you have a VIN yet?
Heya! and Thanks! Luckily was able to secure a Mischievous Purple Fastback. No VIN yet, just got a date. First Mustang ever - so excited!

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Heya! and Thanks! Luckily was able to secure a Mischievous Purple Fastback. No VIN yet, just got a date. First Mustang ever - so excited!
My first Mustang too.
Is yours a GT or High Performance(ecoboost)?

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
I hope your correct, and I do not wish to be a downer, but unless it states: "Location: Baltimore", it is On Its Way to Baltimore Warf (1-2 weeks by Rail), then it is Compounded at Baltimore until there are enough cars to fill the ship.
It was Compound In 7/7/22 at Baltimore and Compound Out 1/8/22. Hopefully, it means it came out of the compound and onto a ship!

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
It was Compound In 7/7/22 at Baltimore and Compound Out 1/8/22. Hopefully, it means it came out of the compound and onto a ship!
Yes!! I am on the Theben, sailed from Baltimore on 2/8/22 and due into Port Kembla on 8/9/22.

I didn't get the Ford email but asked the dealer for an update. If you have been in Baltimore for a while it might be worth asking your dealer for an update as now we know the Theben manifest has been uploaded.

Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
I have just realised something. If you get the screenshot from your dealer, there is an item called transport number. Now that my car is onboard that has changed from a date to the vessel name.

The date that was showing was the date that the THEBEN is due to dock in Port Kembla. So my car was scheduled to be on the THEBEN and the hint was already there. It is then confirmed by changing it to the vessel name when it sails.

Hope this helps someone tracking their car and shipping.

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ford Au changed the Car Transporters (from the Warf / Ship to Dealer) from Prixcar to CEVA from 2021.

CEVA Interstate Car Transport Services | Car Transporters | Car Transport Australia | CEVA Car Carrying

Just Add the VIN: https://cevacarcarrying.com.au/vehicle-tracking/
Cool, that works even though my car doesn’t arrive in Melb until tomorrow.
BTW for everyone my ship left on time, but did a lot of hanging around at each port, gradually slipping more and more behind. Arriving 4-5 days behind schedule.

h3rdus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
GT - gather the same for yours?
Actually no. I ordered the High Performance. It was easier to justify to the missus with cheaper rego and fuel costs. Plus the initial cost too.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
So I requested a new screenshot of my order. My segmentation date is still 7 September. Estimated build month is still blank and I dont have a VIN yet. From memory the VIN gets issued around 4-6 weeks before segmentation so I'm hoping I dont have any issues since I dont have one yet.
The ETA on the order is still 17th December. Fingers crossed I get mine before Christmas. What a present that would be.
Sponsored