2022 Mustang PRODUCTION DELAYS

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Your build (Segmentation) Date could be pushed back, however it looks like yours will be built as a 22.25.
I would send the dealer a reminder with a request for an Order Status Screen-Shot, which should give you your VIN, Scheduled Segmentation (Build) Date and ETA etc, but also conform your order details and options on the Ford System. Good Luck !
I finally got the screenshot. I have been dealing with the dealer purely by email at this point but decided to actually pay a visit. Still no VIN but have Segmentation date of 12-Sep-22 and ETA of 03-Dec. Vehicle Status: Committed
Dealer priority of 99, whatever that means.

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I finally got the screenshot. I have been dealing with the dealer purely by email at this point but decided to actually pay a visit. Still no VIN but have Segmentation date of 12-Sep-22 and ETA of 03-Dec. Vehicle Status: Committed
Yay, Xmas present.
Priority of 99 is the lowest priority, which is the default that almost every order gets.
You won’t have a VIN until Sep.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Yay, Xmas present.
Priority of 99 is the lowest priority, which is the default that almost every order gets.
You won’t have a VIN until Sep.
Fingers crossed it stays on target for December.
If I don’t get a VIN until September I’ll stop harassing my dealer until then. Haha.

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
I've got a segmentation date of 09-Sep-22 and ETA of 03-Dec in Brisbane.
Guess we will be on the same boat over.

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
I've got a segmentation date of 09-Sep-22 and ETA of 03-Dec in Brisbane.
Guess we will be on the same boat over.
Oh that’s cool. What did you order if you don't mind my asking?

tuf50L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order pending
Oh that’s cool. What did you order if you don't mind my asking?
GT in Grabber Blue with Recaros and Magneride.

I figured it's going to be my last petrol car the way things are going with electrics.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
GT in Grabber Blue with Recaros and Magneride.

I figured it's going to be my last petrol car the way things are going with electrics.
Nothing like what I ordered. Only RHD in common. Haha.
This is my first real performance car of any type and I'm 42. The wife is calling it "the divorce car". (I hope she's joking) :p

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Here’s Why Your New Ford Hasn’t Arrived At Your Dealer Yet

The Factors Affecting Ford Production and Delivery Restraints

"Delays have been plaguing the automotive industry lately, and Ford is certainly no exception. Unfortunately, The Blue Oval hasn’t been doing a great job of keeping customers updated about their Ford vehicle orders. For instance, a solid amount of Ford Maverick order holders have been left in the dark regarding the status of their pickup, prompting some Ford Authority readers to reach out to us for more information.

This phenomenon is not limited to the Maverick, as we’ve received countless emails from buyers of new Ford vehicles who are understandably concerned that their Ford vehicle order is taking a lot longer to arrive than expected. Understandably, this turn of events creates various issues related to timing and not knowing whether to turn in or extend the lease of one’s current vehicle, or how much maintenance to perform on someone’s current vehicle before the ordered model arrives. While we’re unable able to provide information about specific vehicles and their status, we’d like to take this time to outline the major issues contributing to the delay in new Ford vehicle orders and their arrival at dealers.

1. Chips & Semiconductors

The biggest factor associated with the delay of new Ford vehicles to dealers is the global microchip shortage. In short, there just aren’t enough chips to produce new vehicles at the same rates and in the same quantities as before the became an issue. The circumstance has forced many automakers, including but not limited to The Blue Oval, to reduce production until the situation improves.

This means allocating chips to vehicles that generate the biggest return, which for Ford are the F-Series pickups, SUVs like Bronco, Expedition and Lincoln Navigator, as well as large crossovers like the Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator. It also means withholding features from new Ford vehicles, such as Multicontour seat with Active Motion Removal from the 2023 Ford F-150. This feature was also constrained from the 2022 F-150, indicating that the shortage hasn’t improved much since then.

Ford CEO Jim Farley was confident that the chip shortage would be resolved by 2023, but unfortunately he now predicts that the shortage will persist through 2023. FoMoCo has been making deals with chipmakers in order to secure semiconductors to boost production of new Fords, but we have yet to see the fruits of these labors.

2. Supply Chain Issues Beyond Chips

Another reason that your new Ford vehicle order hasn’t arrived yet is related to various kinks in the supply chain. Ongoing issues related to COVID-19 restrictions in China as well as various geopolitical matters have prevented The Blue Oval from get its hands on the parts necessary for continued production.

For instance, recent lockdowns in China stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic created delays for the all-new Ford Ranger in international markets. So much so, in fact, that 91 suppliers couldn’t get their goods to necessary facilities. Meanwhile, Ford production in Europe has been heavily impacted by the military situation in Ukraine, and these supply chain issues have extended to Ford production in Australia as well. (??)

3. Logistical Issues

Finally, even after the (lower quantities of) new Ford vehicles have been built and ready to ship, it’s difficult to get them from the assembly plant to the dealership due to various logistical issues.

For instance, staffing issues in the cargo transportation industry have been wreaking havoc on delivering vehicles to dealers (and Port Baltimore!!). To start, there’s a shortage of workers who are trained to operate rail cars. That issue is further exacerbated by a shortage of those who service and maintain the rail cars.

Similar issues have also begun to extend to the vehicle carriers (trucks) that serve as the final leg of the journey that new Ford vehicles make from their plant to the dealership. This is the result of two primary factors: drivers have become lesser in quantity, and parts required for maintaining these trucks have become increasingly more difficult to source, incidentally due to similar supply chain issues outlined above, although for the respective makers of large trucks and their parts.

Unfortunately, these various issues will likely continue to impact new Ford vehicle production and supply for the near- and medium-terms. The good news is that demand for The Blue Oval’s products hasn’t slowed at all, with order banks currently at 300,000 units, meaning two things. First, Ford will have to continue to work hard to get its products to dealers and into buyers’ driveways, while finding creating solutions to solve these issues. Second, order holders will need to wait for their vehicle to be built and for it to arrive to the dealer. Whatever the case, your new Ford vehicle hasn’t been forgotten, it’s just been held up due to various unprecedented circumstances.

In addition, the time taken to accumulate enough cars to fill the Bulk Car Carrying Ships (to Australia) is significantly longer, due to the reduced production volumes. thus logically, less frequent ships are coming our way - extending wait times.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/07/he...ur-dealer-yet/

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Toyota - Soon to be Mustang GT Convertible
For anyone interested in SHIPPING From Baltimore to Australia - just type in your state or nearest Port (NSW is Pt Kembla).

Your Ship should be listed on your latest Order Status Update Screen-Shot.

Shipping Schedule: https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/schedules

Vessel Finder : https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels

You're a legend! There's some interesting info there. It looks like if my car doesn't leave by the 5th August then it will only leave late August. Here's hoping I get my 'shipping' email in the next couple of days!

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
You're a legend! There's some interesting info there. It looks like if my car doesn't leave by the 5th August then it will only leave late August. Here's hoping I get my 'shipping' email in the next couple of days!
Hopefully our cars will be shipmates!

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Mustang New Orders Closed - Until MY23

UPDATE 05/08/22 Re: US Production – MY22 FINAL Order (Model End) for MY22 From 10 Aug 2022;

With the current Australian Stop-Sale on New MY22 Mustang Orders, there will be NO MORE MY22 Orders Taken, as FINAL Orders have been brought forward to 10/08/22
".......the final day to submit new customer retail orders for 2022 Model Year Escape and Mustang is August 10, 2022.

Retail ordering reopens for 23MY later this year

SUMMARY

Escape and Mustang continue to experience high customer demand. We are making the decision to pause and no longer accept new 2022 Model Year Escape and Mustang retail orders after August 10, 2022 to focus on existing orders.

After August 10, 2022 and for the remainder of the 2022 model year, dealers will continue to be able to submit orders for (existing) Escape and Mustang dealer stock inventory and if selected for scheduling within existing commodity constraints, customers will be able to purchase these vehicles from dealers upon arrival.

We will start retail ordering for the 2023 Model Year Escape and Mustang later this year.

KEY DATES

August 10, 2022: Dealers have until 10pm EDT to submit new 2022 Escape and Mustang retail orders

WBDO/CONCEPs will no longer accept new retail orders after this date and time

New customer retail orders will resume with the opening of the 2023 Model Year Escape and Mustang later this year"
Sponsored