2022 Mustang Mach 1 Chips/Tuners

Doc Holladay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Lariat; 2020 Subaru Forester
Did you know if you install a chip or tuner it will void the warranty also if you replace the exhaust system you cannot remove the CAT, if you do that will void the warranty.
Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Most of us are aware of this on here, however, it does come down to dealer discretion and even then if a field service engineer comes to inspect the car and sees that it has a tune or specific mods to the engine they usually will not warranty repairs that caused failure to another part on the car.

The Place I work has warrantied repairs on vehicles with tunes before but that was in the end up to my service director and tech findings.

ironsides

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Ford fiesta
Seems like in the event you have to take the car in for service, you should put the stock tune back in or can they tell anyhow? i dont know how all this works im just flapping my gums lol

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I have catted headers and I'm about to tune it once the RTD+ device ships. 3k miles on the car. If something bad were to happen to the drive train, I'd have seen it already. You also have to prove that the aftermarket parts or tune caused the actual issue.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I would think the car would keep a log of read/write activities to the system. I’d imagine that information would be retrievable but just guessing.

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
You also have to prove that the aftermarket parts or tune caused the actual issue.
While this is technically true it’s also where they wear folks down. Not many have the financial means, time, and alternate vehicles to fight a dealership or manufacturer on the claim. This sort of legal battle could take a year plus and costs tens of thousands of dollars. They know this so they will drag it out until most just give up and stroke a check for the repair. Depending on the cost , it could easily be less expensive than the legal battle. Sucks but true.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I would think the car would keep a log of read/write activities to the system. I’d imagine that information would be retrievable but just guessing.
They can tell when you flash the ECU.

The key to all of this is finding a mod friendly dealer. Not everyone has one but they are out there.

OP
OP
Doc Holladay

Doc Holladay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Lariat; 2020 Subaru Forester
I talked with a Roush Performance Shop and they said if I decided to buy a supercharger or turbo and have installed by them they would warranty any part that they determine went bad because of the supercharger and even if it was a valve, piston, manifold, etc. and was iffie as far as a defective part, they would replace or repair the part because in the long run they want to keep your business and would probably be more expensive to get into a back and forth with Ford who will never admit to a bad/defective engine part.
Sponsored