Sponsored

2022 Mustang 4% under invoice

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Correct, you're responsible for your tax and license fees in your home state.
i just want to understand; you dont submit any docs for new car tax or reg to any outside state? i am in AZ and know that process can be long and complicated. much thanks.
Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I bought mine out of state and I handled all the DMV work in my home state. I was a cash buyer, I believe that if the car is financed that the dealer would (or should ) collect the tax and forward to your home state.

FYI, should have stated I did not buy at Grainger .
It s not a big deal either way.

Last edited:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Correct, you're responsible for your tax and license fees in your home state.
I believe the CA DMV collects that when I apply for tags. I assume that at Granger, you collect the local sales tax and some kind of temporary Iowa registration fee? I do know that the taxes due in CA have the amount of tax paid to the state you bought it from deducted.

aleykat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Grabber Blue GT/CS Convertible PP1
For our purchase they figured the expected taxes and added them to the financing. Granger sent me a check for the tax amount once the loan funded. I had to handle the paperwork at the local tax office and pay the taxes which was pretty painless.

We didn't pay any local taxes in Iowa. Other than my tax office being slightly confused by Iowa's "in transit" title, there were no issues. Granger provided everything that was needed either when I picked up the car or when they sent the title to me.

jcruik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Has Ford dropped the custom order incentive to $500, or is it still at $1,000?

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Does anyone have the program code for the $1000 incentive? I ordered back in November so I think I fall under that one but I want to look at the fine print.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Does anyone have the program code for the $1000 incentive? I ordered back in November so I think I fall under that one but I want to look at the fine print.
You'll be good unless it's a mach 1 or Shelby GT500 trim.

Boytano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
We do not put on front brackets on Mustangs as a rulue unless asked.
We typically don't print out a DORA, we use WBDO now which we can send you a screenshot of the order placed if you wish. Just email [email protected]

We have about 30-40 people and mayyyyy get 4 cars.
pretty wild you have that many, if only someone smart at Ford would show you the allocations. You would do about $4,000,000 in sales in weekā€¦for both our sake letā€™s hope they do!

Sponsored

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just wanted to say some good words on Granger also. I have a 2019 Mustang GT and Iā€™m a member of this forum. I didnā€™t buy a mustang from Granger but I ordered and picked up a 2022 Ram limited. Price was 4% below invoice and when I picked it up that is exactly what it was.. no added fees or packages no bullshit. Everything was easy and fast and I drove from MN to get it so about 7 hours with a trade. They gave me exactly what I was promised on the trade and it was hands down the Best vehicle buying experience Iā€™ve ever hadā€¦ Hats off to you guys and girls at Granger Ford and Ram.. šŸ‘šŸ¼

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Just wanted to say some good words on Granger also. I have a 2019 Mustang GT and Iā€™m a member of this forum. I didnā€™t buy a mustang from Granger but I ordered and picked up a 2022 Ram limited. Price was 4% below invoice and when I picked it up that is exactly what it was.. no added fees or packages no bullshit. Everything was easy and fast and I drove from MN to get it so about 7 hours with a trade. They gave me exactly what I was promised on the trade and it was hands down the Best vehicle buying experience Iā€™ve ever hadā€¦ Hats off to you guys and girls at Granger Ford and Ram.. šŸ‘šŸ¼
Thanks for the kind words.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I bought mine out of state and I handled all the DMV work in my home state. I was a cash buyer, I believe that if the car is financed that the dealer would (or should ) collect the tax and forward to your home state.

FYI, should have stated I did not buy at Grainger .
It s not a big deal either way.
I believe the CA DMV collects that when I apply for tags. I assume that at Granger, you collect the local sales tax and some kind of temporary Iowa registration fee? I do know that the taxes due in CA have the amount of tax paid to the state you bought it from deducted.
Agree with the above. Each state or even county could have their own rules, but it all kind of ends with the same result.

When I was considering buying a car from a dealer in NV, CO DMV gave me two scenarios: 1) NV collects all sales taxes on behalf of CO and sends the money in a separate check to CO, 2) NV collects any taxes they are allowed to, for NV, and I pay the difference when registering in CO, not to exceed what I would have paid to CO if purchased here.

Check with the DMV in your county for their expectations. The good news is, it's been done countless times before and the DMVs know how to handle it.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Just a general update, we are seeing orders taking longer in the 2022 model year versus 2021. This may not be a bad thing as long as they can produce everything they have committed to. It is better than getting your hopes up and getting them dashed.

Also, please keep in mind production for the 2022 Mustang runs through November of this year. So we have a total of 5 months of production left to go through.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Just a general update, we are seeing orders taking longer in the 2022 model year versus 2021. This may not be a bad thing as long as they can produce everything they have committed to. It is better than getting your hopes up and getting them dashed.

Also, please keep in mind production for the 2022 Mustang runs through November of this year. So we have a total of 5 months of production left to go through.
Any idea when youā€™re getting more in? Allegedly mine was shipped by truck almost 2 weeks ago. My wife leaves the country in July, so Iā€™d have to get a dog/house sitter to fly out there.
Sponsored