Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
@NJMike,

How about some driving impressions?
You've had a couple of nice 'whipple weather' days to get used to it!
How's it feel?

- Jerry
Jerry! You're not wrong but the honey do list kept me from doing anything else.
I have to get the rock blockers on soon to preserve my paint too
Sponsored

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whipple Warranty issues. I have been trying to register the unit with them in attempt to ensure they have the correct information on file. With all of the wrong parts in the initial boxes, and now a new "head unit" I contacted Whipple to see about the warranty. I was advised that "The warranty would have had to be purchased prior to the installation of the supercharger."
So I investigated the site (JDM) where I purchased it from and all of my documentation and find zero information on how to purchase the warranty. It was not and is not on the site where I ordered it. In other words when ordering certain sites give you options for larger heat exchanger, color, 10 rib, etc. but no warranty purchase.
I'll keep checking into this but be warned that if looking for their coverage, you should be buying it ahead of the install.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
don’t think warranty is available on stage 2 though.and if it does I’m 1.5 years into it already. it starts when you purchased the car.3 year or 36k. I’m installing it myself so just got to 🤞

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Whipple Warranty issues. I have been trying to register the unit with them in attempt to ensure they have the correct information on file. With all of the wrong parts in the initial boxes, and now a new "head unit" I contacted Whipple to see about the warranty. I was advised that "The warranty would have had to be purchased prior to the installation of the supercharger."
So I investigated the site (JDM) where I purchased it from and all of my documentation and find zero information on how to purchase the warranty. It was not and is not on the site where I ordered it. In other words when ordering certain sites give you options for larger heat exchanger, color, 10 rib, etc. but no warranty purchase.
I'll keep checking into this but be warned that if looking for their coverage, you should be buying it ahead of the install.
Man with all this headache whipple should do right by you and get the warranty done.

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Man with all this headache whipple should do right by you and get the warranty done.
That would be nice, but Im not holding my breath. JDM is working on the situation given what transpired. Will update thread :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I posted this same comment on the '22 with Whipple 3.0 questions

Per JDM (where I purchased my unit):

According to Whipple they only offer warranty on their Stage 1 kits, which you have the Stage 2 kit. The reason being is because of the additional HP the Stage 2 kit offers. I read through their warranty paperwork here and could not find that. I mentioned this to our rep and he said it's at their discretion.

and

you can only purchase warranty on the stage 1 product page, it's not available on the stage 2 kit there for they can not and do not offer it.

As for the warranty I guess I'm on my own. Whipple is also not responding to the question regarding the roughly $400 I had to incur due to their errors. JDM has offered me credit with them for the amount which I find very generous and although not their responsibility, a "stand up" move

Whipple replied and will reimburse me for the labor and misc parts

Last edited:

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
That’s great.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I am glad whipple is giving you a refund what a headache. Hope when you step on it you forget all about it.

1674078349040.png

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am glad whipple is giving you a refund what a headache. Hope when you step on it you forget all about it.

1674078349040.png
Quite funny, thank you. Maybe the SC should say to the turbo "you blow"

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Since it was sort of nice here today, about 50ish I took it for a quick spin. I was outside installing rock guards and after finishing one side, with many aches and pains decided to blue painter tape the rear quarters for rock protection and off I went.

Now I know the tires werent warm enough but in 3rd at about 3500 rpm, and less than half pedal the tires started breaking loose. WOW! I did not expect that.
Doing some more driving but not going over 4500-5000 rpm and well less than half pedal similar driving experience.
At no point did I got more than a third to the floor and it had massive power for the street.

In this short amount of seat time I notice the power like a shot of nitrous or something right at that 3000-3500 range. For example going about 30mph in third, with that pedal as soon as it went past 3000 it just took off. Same thing in 4th gear.

Cant wait for some warmer drive time.

Compared to my 2014 GT with Roush that made 600 wheel, this feels more brutal.

Sponsored

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 Act Ex. MT82 Stick
Mike,

How is shifting under power?
What shifter are you using?
Any 'clutch smell' after the boosted pulls?

I hope that you are enjoying that Whipple!!!
- Jerry

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mike,

How is shifting under power?
What shifter are you using?
Any 'clutch smell' after the boosted pulls?

I hope that you are enjoying that Whipple!!!
- Jerry
Hey Jerry - currently I am on the stock shifter. No plans to change yet and am not allowed to bring in the power yet, so shifting under power isn't anything I could give feedback about just yet.
Same with the clutch, minimal power, enough to haze the tires a couple times, but I don't think enough to comment on clutch performance

Evil Twin GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domingo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Nice ride Mike , sorry you had all those issues with your Whipple kit , I just installed a Whipple kit on GT350 a few months ago and it was smooth no issues at all and install was smooth , you will definitely enjoy the power of the Whipple ……….

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice ride Mike , sorry you had all those issues with your Whipple kit , I just installed a Whipple kit on GT350 a few months ago and it was smooth no issues at all and install was smooth , you will definitely enjoy the power of the Whipple ……….
Thanks. I'm just glad everything seems okay now and I'm not missing any quality weather driving conditions. Looking forward to it.

I'm not so sure the cup 2 will hold well. What do you run for tires?

Last edited:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Someone was asking me how much room there is under the GT500 hood. I took off the rain/drip tray last weekend but forgot to get a tape measure, but there at least 3" between the open louvers and the top of the tower brace, probably 4". You probably only gain an inch with the tray installed, but you don't get much cooling with it on anyways.
IMG_4370.JPG
Sponsored