JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
15% off. $8300 stage 2
I hear this only during blackfriday weekend correct? Since I want the warranty I can only go Stage 1 😑 so hoping that will be even better deal then.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Hands down Steeda for me. This is the one I am getting, never had any issues with any Steeda parts so I like to stick with them mostly.

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-Mustang-Coolant-Expansion-Tank-Black-555-0600

You could put a whipple sticker on the reservoir instead of the steeda one :)

1673742021139.png

Mishimoto seems nice too but I feel like this could be a potential location for leaks in the future?

1673742225536.png

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Thanks for telling us about all your trials and tribulations. Whipple "should" be embarrassed by their screw-up! And it damages their reputation to see their 'underwear' shown in public. But they don't care (for now) when so many orders are backed up.

but

I was blessed! The Whipple install on my '19 Bullitt went like a dream. After waiting 16 weeks for delivery, I dropped off the car at Dale Adams Automotive (Shelby builder in Calgary, AB) on Monday. 4 days later, we ran the dyno when I picked the car up, I hit the gas driving away and "Holy Sh*t". It works like a charm and I haven't had one complaint. The installer has done about 50 of these Whipple/Mustang installs and maybe that's the difference?

except

I love the blower so much that I have been thinking of a GT500 as a replacement (wifey only allows (grudgingly) one boyz toyz car at a time). But, most car dealers don't want to do a trade for an aftermarket blower car, even if it is professionally installed by a Shelby certified shop. A few dealers even said that I should take the car back to original before they would consider taking it as a trade. And one dealer said that my $12K USD 'investment' was only worth $4K added value to a stock 'stang.

I have found one specialty car dealer in my area that has valued the blower add-on at $9K and he does have a mint '09 GT500KR that he will do a straight across trade for my '19 blown Bullitt. Now, should I or shouldn't I???
That 09 KR will feel slow and outright significantly outdated in comparison to your s550

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
That 09 KR will feel slow and outright significantly outdated in comparison to your s550
The 05-09 Mustangs were awesome for their time (I had a 07 GT). But oh boy the interior and quality has improved so much with every re-design. Heck my 22 Mach 1 is a major improvement over my 14GT and my 14GT seemed liked a major improvement over my 07GT.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Sorry you had issues with your whipple install on the Mach 1. We just finished a Whipple stage 2 install on this 2022 Mach 1 and it was smooth sailing. With that said, the company you bought the kit from should go to bay for you as opposed to yourself having to do it.

Last edited:

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
The 05-09 Mustangs were awesome for their time (I had a 07 GT). But oh boy the interior and quality has improved so much with every re-design. Heck my 22 Mach 1 is a major improvement over my 14GT and my 14GT seemed liked a major improvement over my 07GT.
Yes agree 100% I had a 2006 as well. My 2014, which I still have with a whipple on it, is light-years nicer than the 06. However the Mach 1 is again another huge step forward from my 2014.

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
I couldn't agree more. I drove my '19 s/c Bullitt to the '09GT500KR dealer and took the KR out for a test drive. Night and day between the two cars! Yes, the Bullitt is a much superior car.

But, then their is the question of rarity. The '19 Bullitt has over 8000 copies out there but the KR only 712. And, so, price depreciation is a consideration. The KR's price fell like a rock (once the cheaper, but equal, '10GT500 hit he market), from $82KUSD MSRP (plus a dealer mark-up of $15K+)down by more than 50% into the low 40s and has pretty much stayed there for the past 10 years. The Bullitt has seen some value reduction from MSRP (is lack of a dealer mark-up a red flag?), thanks to industry constraints, and will likely continue to decline further. So, will the KR's relative rarity cause it to begin a value increase or continue flat as a lower demand, older GT500?

Then there is the comparison of 'old school' vs modern with all the new bells and whistles (improvements) like electronics, IRS, rev match, digital dash, active exhaust, magneride, etc.

And I do like the S550 body lines over the S197.

Eventually, it all shakes out to just one thing: the fun factor. And the s/c Bullitt does it hands down, which makes this an easy decision.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Y'all have guided me away from the clutches of a warped choice.

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
I thought this was a thread about my build

Sponsored
OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone gets a minute could you measure your splitter height on the stock HP springs? Just wondering how much of a drop I hae up front. I thought the BMR springs for the 350 said 1/2" up front and 1" rear but I cant find that anywhere.
I also wonder how much additional compression the springs might have with that massive S/C sitting up there

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
If anyone gets a minute could you measure your splitter height on the stock HP springs? Just wondering how much of a drop I hae up front. I thought the BMR springs for the 350 said 1/2" up front and 1" rear but I cant find that anywhere.
I also wonder how much additional compression the springs might have with that massive S/C sitting up there
Mine sits at 4-3/4 on stock HP springs

SLIC V6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 Act Ex. MT82 Stick
@NJMike,

How about some driving impressions?
You've had a couple of nice 'whipple weather' days to get used to it!
How's it feel?

- Jerry
Sponsored