Sponsored

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
Thanks for telling us about all your trials and tribulations. Whipple "should" be embarrassed by their screw-up! And it damages their reputation to see their 'underwear' shown in public. But they don't care (for now) when so many orders are backed up.

but

I was blessed! The Whipple install on my '19 Bullitt went like a dream. After waiting 16 weeks for delivery, I dropped off the car at Dale Adams Automotive (Shelby builder in Calgary, AB) on Monday. 4 days later, we ran the dyno when I picked the car up, I hit the gas driving away and "Holy Sh*t". It works like a charm and I haven't had one complaint. The installer has done about 50 of these Whipple/Mustang installs and maybe that's the difference?

except

I love the blower so much that I have been thinking of a GT500 as a replacement (wifey only allows (grudgingly) one boyz toyz car at a time). But, most car dealers don't want to do a trade for an aftermarket blower car, even if it is professionally installed by a Shelby certified shop. A few dealers even said that I should take the car back to original before they would consider taking it as a trade. And one dealer said that my $12K USD 'investment' was only worth $4K added value to a stock 'stang.

I have found one specialty car dealer in my area that has valued the blower add-on at $9K and he does have a mint '09 GT500KR that he will do a straight across trade for my '19 blown Bullitt. Now, should I or shouldn't I???

Sponsored

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
@NJMike,

The car looks GREAT !!!
I hope you get a chance to test it out in drier conditions!!!

ENJOY!!!
- Jerry
WOW congrats looks great cant wait to hear the feedback on the whipple. You got some big balls lowering it lol splitter is superlow as is but I am sure you will get use to it.
Congrats, good to see you're able to drive it home
Thank you all - I didnt realize it would be that low. I would not call it the way you do, more like a bit ignorant of the height.

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
James did a good job. Car looks great. Disappointed in Whipple. I’m doing a custom twin turbo setup on mine.
Thank you and yes he did. Please do a build thread so we can follow your progress also :)

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for telling us about all your trials and tribulations. Whipple "should" be embarrassed by their screw-up! And it damages their reputation to see their 'underwear' shown in public. But they don't care (for now) when so many orders are backed up.

but

I was blessed! The Whipple install on my '19 Bullitt went like a dream. After waiting 16 weeks for delivery, I dropped off the car at Dale Adams Automotive (Shelby builder in Calgary, AB) on Monday. 4 days later, we ran the dyno when I picked the car up, I hit the gas driving away and "Holy Sh*t". It works like a charm and I haven't had one complaint. The installer has done about 50 of these Whipple/Mustang installs and maybe that's the difference?

except

I love the blower so much that I have been thinking of a GT500 as a replacement (wifey only allows (grudgingly) one boyz toyz car at a time). But, most car dealers don't want to do a trade for an aftermarket blower car, even if it is professionally installed by a Shelby certified shop. A few dealers even said that I should take the car back to original before they would consider taking it as a trade. And one dealer said that my $12K USD 'investment' was only worth $4K added value to a stock 'stang.

I have found one specialty car dealer in my area that has valued the blower add-on at $9K and he does have a mint '09 GT500KR that he will do a straight across trade for my '19 blown Bullitt. Now, should I or shouldn't I???
In all a professional got beyond the issues I had and made everything work. He made me feel like he was working on his own car, which was a huge blessing. Keep the Bullitt

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Thank you all - I didnt realize it would be that low. I would not call it the way you do, more like a bit ignorant of the height.
Congrats !! Looks great!!

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Whipple kit on its way!!

OP
OP
NJMike