NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t wait to see the one I’ll get with a newer kit,but u did get the wrong tank.I can’t beleave u needs 4 hoses on that tank
When you get the kit, come here to look at the pictures I posted or reach out for some different angles. The tank is wrong but it is working. He got it started and running for a bit today. Almost done
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Will do

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I seen a gt350 install on u tube & look to me to be the same tank but all hoses 90* right at the tank.they go straight back to the strut tower.I post some pics when I get the kit

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I seen a gt350 install on u tube & look to me to be the same tank but all hoses 90* right at the tank.they go straight back to the strut tower.I post some pics when I get the kit
Do you mean these that look 90°?

The hoses were too long, again a clear indicator they were not for a Mustang.
I believe he cut them shorter for fitment after figuring out how to install the airbox. I'll check with James.

PXL_20221229_154323497~3.jpg

Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Go to u tube

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
OP I would be livid, and refuse the install and just go back to stock ASAP. This all looks super janky and likely to have persistent issues. It's your money at the end of the day, but just giving you a different perspective. get out while you can!

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
OP I would be livid, and refuse the install and just go back to stock ASAP. This all looks super janky and likely to have persistent issues. It's your money at the end of the day, but just giving you a different perspective. get out while you can!
There is plenty of whipple charged mustangs making big power reliably. This sounds like a packaging issue on the Mach 1s. I would be pissed if I spent that much and the kit is not perfect but hopefully this is resolved for future kits and this post will help future members get the correct parts together.

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
+1 Yes I should have also said thank you for documenting this, hopefully others can avoid th is in the future

btrshoes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bud
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
In the above pictures of the oil cooler it may be hard to see but the (Whipple) coolant tank is touching the oil cooler. James said not a huge issue but he doesnt think they should touch and the coolant tank isnt right. The tank location causes the hoses to be in the way of the Whipple provided airbox. The hoses sit too high.

Coincidentally James called Whipple again to discuss the positioning of the tank. As they pointed him to the instruction booklet, it became evident the booklet is for a Mustang and there is supplemental booklet for a Mach 1. This was yesterday December 29th.

I went to check it out with James and the airbox does not fit, he showed me that in order to drop the airbox in, we would have to trim the bottom edge of the airbox and fabricate another bracket to move the coolant tank a bit allowing room for everything to fit. While Im not a fan of this approach, there really isnt much else we can do at this point. He said he would sahve some of the plastic from the airbox and close it up again where he shaved from. More pictures and details coming later. I am supposed to take it home today.
*Front springs still need to go it also.
I ran into the same thing, airbox didnt fit without cutting it

Sponsored
OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Its really not as simple as you are stating. The car was apart at the Ford dealer. Whipple didnt want to send out an entire new kit. One reason given was that the original kit took over 3 months to produce, assemble and ship. I couldnt leave the car at the dealership for however long it would take to send an entire new kit.
I wouldnt say "all looks super janky" because in person it doesnt. I understand maybe the written version with some bad photos may give you that impression, but in talking things through with James, he is confident it will all work, but will take a little "schmutzing" (Like that Yiddish) to make it fit.
Yes its my money and "getting out while I can" isnt an option at this point. I'd have to get the dealer to put everything back and have someone else (Whipple) agree to pay for it, which isnt going to happen.

+1 Yes I should have also said thank you for documenting this, hopefully others can avoid th is in the future
Welcome and thank you also

Last edited:
OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is plenty of whipple charged mustangs making big power reliably. This sounds like a packaging issue on the Mach 1s. I would be pissed if I spent that much and the kit is not perfect but hopefully this is resolved for future kits and this post will help future members get the correct parts together.
Definitely a packaging issue. Check the order serial number with the actual serial number on the part is the first step to take for those looking for this kit. I was a bit angry, but staying angry would not have helped me get the situation to an agreeable remedy without spending much more money than I want to on this. I do hope my experience helps others

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ran into the same thing, airbox didnt fit without cutting it
He actually didnt end up cutting the airbox, but was able to grind down the rail to lower the hose connections on the tank. It all fits now and was running yesterday for a while. Hoping to get it today while its 60 degrees and the ground isnt covered with salt and is just about dry. ALAS thats not happening today. Possible for tomorrow, hoping ground stays somewhat dry

OP
OP
NJMike

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Awesome can’t wait to see your comments on it, pics and hopefully video.
Sponsored