Sponsored

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Does anyone know what this recalled part’s function is?
Sponsored

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
It's a evaporative emissions control, the charcoal canister holds fuel vapors till they can released into the engine and thoroughly burned at the appropriate time. Vapor would just vent out into the atmosphere on non emissions cars. It's also the part that fills up with fuel and gets damaged if you keep clicking at the pump. Unclear about what's wrong with the part other than it's the wrong part, if it's too small or doesn't vent properly then you'll constantly smell gas around the car.

daveolej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, 2014 Ram
Does anyone know where the canister is located? Im assuming somewhere in the rear by the tank. What has to be removed to get to it? I don't trust any dealer touching my cars

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
I don't trust any dealer touching my cars
comments like this really upset me.
Its under the car attached to the spare tire well, for Mach 1 the diffuser would have to be dropped. Its easier then a oil change.

stev3french

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Twister Orange w/HP
Its under the car attached to the spare tire well, for Mach 1 the diffuser would have to be dropped. Its easier then a oil change.
I understand both sides of this as I too get weird around dealers, but know some things I cannot do myself. I have been to many incompetent dealers, one case where a small rattle turned into the dealer having to replace a water pump because they broke it "diagnosing" the rattle. Like how does that happen. I have also had service done that I paid for that I found out was never actually done. It is hard to trust dealers when you have bad experiences. Not saying you shouldn't trust them, but it can be hard for some.

Sponsored

JG M1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1965 Unique Cobra Replicar
I understand both sides of this as I too get weird around dealers, but know some things I cannot do myself. I have been to many incompetent dealers, one case where a small rattle turned into the dealer having to replace a water pump because they broke it "diagnosing" the rattle. Like how does that happen. I have also had service done that I paid for that I found out was never actually done. It is hard to trust dealers when you have bad experiences. Not saying you shouldn't trust them, but it can be hard for some.
I had a Nissan Stanza (if anybody remembers that car!) as a company car back in the 80's.
The first oil service included adjusting the valves, also. They were a little bit noisy when I brought it in for service. When I picked up the car, it still had that noise. I looked under the hood and I could not tell if the valve cover was ever taken off, not a drop of oil anywhere and the phillips head screws looked like a screwdriver were never touched them. My work order said they adjusted the valves. I decided to put a little dab of grease over the heads of the screws and bring it back the next day to the dealer to have them check it out. Left the car with them and spoke to the service manager before I picked up the car and he said "sorry, one of the valves was a little bit tight and we re-adjusted them and everything is fine now". I went out to my car on the dealership, opened the hood and every one of the phillips head screws still had the grease that I put there, still there!!

I went back in and "Thanked" the service manager and told him they had the the finest mechanics in the industry because they discover a way to adjust valves without taking the valve cover off!!! That dealership never saw the car, again!!

There is good and bad in every industry, we just need to find the good!!

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
UPDATE: Just checked the Ford Recall Website and it appeared there too (see attached). My vehicle is just 2 months old, if that helps...

RECALL NOTICE: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachments/20220823151241726-pdf.698354/

ORIGINAL POST:

Has anyone else received a Recall Notice for their 2022 Mach 1 vehicle? Evaporative Emissions Canister Inspection / Replacement?

Nothing officially in the mail, just a notice on my phone Ford App.

The local Ford dealer told me that this part is currently unavailable (no surprise) and that I should check back again sometime in September.
What "Ford Recall website"? Is this an external site or internal to only Ford Service Centers?

daveolej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, 2014 Ram
I get it, I shouldn't have said ANY dealer but I've had some bad experiences with them not putting parts back on right and then you are chasing weird rattles or noises because they forgot a few bolts here and there. I had a dealer close the hood on my ram with tools on the radiator cover, dented the top of the radiator and my hood popped open driving home.
I'll have to bring the m1 in for them to swap the canister I know but I'm definitely checking the diffuser to make sure they put all the screws and clips back in

OP
OP

MartinMJM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
You are correct about some good, some bad dealers.

One Ford dealer installed my camber plates on backwards, and this was after I gave them instructions on how to install. The mechanic (non-Ford) that discovered this indicated that my alignment was way off and could affect my vehicle's stability.

Sponsored

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
I understand why people say it, I'm in the industry and work next to guys that have to be reminded to breathe when they walk. It gives those that are in this business because they're enthusiast and enjoy the work a bad perspective.
If anyone has a affected vehicle in the central Florida area I'll take care of this recall for you, I get most the mustangs that come through and it's nice to have a few that are nice and not riced out and pounded into the ground. It pays less then a hour and the longest part of the recall will be racking the car and waiting at parts. Your more then welcome to watch and chat. PM me.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
It says 2022's but build dates of Oct 19th 2021. To March 18th 2022. No 2022s were built in 21. But oct 19th 21 had 21's being built. Wondering if any 2021's were affected
I was about to write exactly this. My car was built on 12/6 as a MY2021. Also the question is if the exported cars are also affected, and if yes, if they are to be recalled as well.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
And if I just brush this off, I might have a gas smell when the tank is full? Or am I messing up the car by ignoring it. Just curious, if it does not have to happen then I won’t worry about it. No dealer I trust within a four hour drive of here.

Pony fever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1, 2013 fusion titanium
I was about to write exactly this. My car was built on 12/6 as a MY2021. Also the question is if the exported cars are also affected, and if yes, if they are to be recalled as well.
No one ever answes my posts or says not sire

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
No information on the tech side of why other then incorrect part installed. Could make noise, Check engine light, Vacuum leak, smell of gas. It is a emission recall and some states require repairs prior to vehicle registration renewal.
And if the dates state Oct 20th then its a good possibility MY21 built then are affected. Current recalls are changed near every day with different procedures or coverage.
Its not a safety recall, the car or owner isn't in any danger.
Sponsored