Sponsored

2022 Mach 1 Handling Package-Yay or Nay?

ZachI131

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Will be primarily driving this on the street and an occasional track day a couple times a year.

Plan to put a supercharger on it and wondering if the handling package is worth adding? I've already ordered the car and would prefer to not spend the extra cash if it isn't worth the mfor street.
Sponsored

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
If for the streets, HP is for the different look only. A must for tracking. You can enhance the looks yourself without changing the suspension etc that you don't need. Rear spoiler and front fender well lips $300 . Front extra spoiler? Not sure of that price. The only different look would be 1in wider tire on the HP, but they are CUP2's that are terrible unless tracking and only last 6-7k miles anyway.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
If you plan on going to the track a lot, get it.

Otherwise, if this is your daily — give it a miss. It makes the dailyabilities (is that even a word?) of this car worse due to the tires.

You can always add the upgrades after the fact if the "base" Mach 1 isn't cutting it for you.

I personally like the look of the wheels and spoiler but it's not worth the extra money to me.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
its worth it for me and i don't track the car. its not going to make the car better on the street. it will be a pain in the ass dealing with speed bumps and entrances/exits to parking lots. but it looks cool :rockon:

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
A must for tracking.
Not necessarily. Wider wheels with tyres of choice can be bought separately, and splitter/spoiler help with downforce only in really high speeds. For occasional track day relax it won't help much, it's mostly about the wheels/tyres. I'd say Cup2's matter if you really push it and do it often. From my short experience on small track wide PS4S handle fine. And you don't need to replace them all the time. I have slight impression that some enthusiasts consider "going to track" sort of like racing, pushing it really hard, for a long time, competing on time even. I rather approach it cautiously, don't want to wreck it, that doesn't take away the thrill, though.

Sponsored

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
IF you track the car enough HP is a must. My HP car in track setup drives like total crap on the street constantly pulling and darting, would be annoying if it was a daily.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
for what you stated; skip it.

Sponsored

f2e524d1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1969/2021 Mustang Mach 1
At this point, I doubt any Mach 1 cars ordered with the handling package will be built. Most likely they will be cancelled in October like last year. From what we saw on here, most if not all HP orders past mid-April 2021 were cancelled. If you want a 2022 Mach 1, I wouldn't order the HP to have a much better chance of getting the car (non-HP cars were built into late December). You can always add the HP components, or look for a HP Mach 1 on a dealer's lot while you wait for your car to be built. Another approach is to order one with the HP and one without like @Mikepol2 did last year :).

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
At this point, I doubt any Mach 1 cars ordered with the handling package will be built. Most likely they will be cancelled in October like last year. From what we saw on here, most if not all HP orders past mid-April 2021 were cancelled. If you want a 2022 Mach 1, I wouldn't order the HP to have a much better chance of getting the car (non-HP cars were built into late December). You can always add the HP components, or look for a HP Mach 1 on a dealer's lot while you wait for your car to be built. Another approach is to order one with the HP and one without like @Mikepol2 did last year :).
TBH, even non-HP cars might be done for the year based on how production is going. I'd give it 50/50

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
its worth it for me and i don't track the car. its not going to make the car better on the street. it will be a pain in the ass dealing with speed bumps and entrances/exits to parking lots. but it looks cool :rockon:
Yes for me and leave the lower chin spoiler off until needed and your golden.

I will say it again as I owe this to Atlas for persuading me to get the HP with no regrets as I went back and forth like many others and would have been very disappointed had I not listened. So, hell yes get the HP!

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
stop it!

those rolled over cancelled 21 order will get scheduled this week then us early 22 orders will get scheduled for June.

please.

#hope
Sponsored