2022 Mach 1 Exhaust

Doc Holladay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Lariat; 2020 Subaru Forester
I would like to increase the noise in my 2022 Mach 1 exhaust. I have looked at Borla, Corsa , Roush, MBRP, Flowmaster, H-Pipes, S-Pipes and most of the Mach 1 exhaust vendors. I know the saying is to each his own but I live in a gated community and if I go somewhere at say 8 AM in the Morning I donā€™t want to wake all the dogs. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Sponsored

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Im going to try long tube headers on mine only with no cats. Keep all the factory exhaust. If thats a bit too loud i will do a couple small resonators and maybe a custom h pipe after the factory big resonator

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Get a nice x or h pipe with the sound your prefer. Quite mode makes it nice still.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I've looked at lots of resonator replacement options for a slight increase in volume with a deeper tone, this is similar to the factory resonator and is one possible option:

https://www.steeda.com/borla-60661-mustang-resonator

Thinking the various H and X pipe options will be too loud on cold start up and when you exceed 4500 rpms, also don't want to introduce any drone.

The factory Mach 1 exhaust is very good and any exhaust change that you make can put you on a slippery slope, where you end up spending lots of money chasing the perfect exhaust note.

Its a hard call to make a change to the factory system, but if you limit any change to the resonator section you can always reinstall the factory resonator.

Mjschneidy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 82 GT Track Car, 73 Stroppe Bronco
Iā€™m going to try a take off 2021 GT500 CAT back. Plan is to modify the stock Mach CAT pipes to the larger GT500 tube dia. Eliminate some of the bottle necking. Iā€™m also considering replacing the X pipe section with an H pipe but keep the resonators. I want a bit more but feel the aftermarket systems are to much.

Also i found when looking up an aftermarket system for the Mach it lumps you in with the GT. The tips are then smaller than the stock Mach tips which are GT500 size since it uses the GT500 diffuser.

I should add Iā€˜m going down this path partly because the stock system was damaged and I havenā€™t been able to find a take off Mach system as a replacement.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
about the BOSS 302 quad pipes? You can add baffles OR you can add a electric cut out to dial in your sound level.

I am thinking about it myself, I have a set of Electric cutouts already.

1662587313608.png

SWLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you heard any clips with the Borla switch fire mid pipes and the stock mufflers?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Summitt Racing H pipe with one 12ā€ Vibrant resonatorā€¦ just a subtle bit louder without being harsh or ear shattering.

7C26D5D1-93EB-4112-8AE1-28D156FAA81C.jpeg

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm running Kook's green catted headers and the Borla ATAK GT500 catback. I've gotten no complaints with starting in quiet mode since I set my quiet hours on the car. It's super loud in track mode but I can control how loud I really want to be and also be Nascar loud too. Shockingly this is the first system I've found that's not a raspy nightmare but also extremely loud.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I've looked at lots of resonator replacement options for a slight increase in volume with a deeper tone, this is similar to the factory resonator and is one possible option:

https://www.steeda.com/borla-60661-mustang-resonator

Thinking the various H and X pipe options will be too loud on cold start up and when you exceed 4500 rpms, also don't want to introduce any drone.

The factory Mach 1 exhaust is very good and any exhaust change that you make can put you on a slippery slope, where you end up spending lots of money chasing the perfect exhaust note.

Its a hard call to make a change to the factory system, but if you limit any change to the resonator section you can always reinstall the factory resonator.
I put a roush x pipe on mine and there is absolutely no drone. I've heard from many others doing a resonator delete has brought about no drone for anyone else either. Doesn't make it unbearably loud by any means just a bit louder and helps the crackles and pops a bit too!

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
My steeda x pipe has 0 drone. It sounds amazing in track and sports modes. Quite mode is still really quite. Again if your worried about neighborhood noise, don't hammer it and keep it in quite mode.

stev3french

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Twister Orange w/HP
Move the exhaust to quiet and with my H pipe it is still more than ok quiet. But anything outside of that is quite a bit louder than stock for sure:crackup:

joepro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I Went from a FP x pipe, to a borla crossfire, now the borlas atak for the gt500. All were still quiet as a mouse on quiet mode. As long as you leave the carts on, do whatever you want post cat and use quiet mode.

If you want just a little more sound, go with any x or h pipe. If you want a little more and a unique tone, go with the crossfire pipe. If you want fairly loud in track, get a catback. the atak sounds šŸ”„.

This is not the best recording equipment, but here is a clip of the crossfire.

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
Numerous options here and some good advice as well. Finding a take off would be ideal I agree.

I did mine in some progression.

Factory- solid sound

1st- Borla SwitchFire & factory cat back. Was very nice and was loud on track. Very close to factory but you know when you wake your baby up.

2nd- Kooks with green cats and SwitchFire. I still kept the factory cat back.
This is where I ended up. And it has a great sound yet still quiet when I put it in quiet.

I went through an experiment, for purposes of scientific research and the request of members here, and put the factory resonator back. The Kooks remained, and the rest was factory.
This was an interesting sound. Not horrible but not clean either. Interesting is really my best description.

@Zelek went with the best option, in my opinion, if you are looking to increase tube size.

Also, for other reference, there is almost no place to put a resonator in this system other than the factory placement.

comptech87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green
Numerous options here and some good advice as well. Finding a take off would be ideal I agree.

I did mine in some progression.

Factory- solid sound

1st- Borla SwitchFire & factory cat back. Was very nice and was loud on track. Very close to factory but you know when you wake your baby up.

2nd- Kooks with green cats and SwitchFire. I still kept the factory cat back.
This is where I ended up. And it has a great sound yet still quiet when I put it in quiet.

I went through an experiment, for purposes of scientific research and the request of members here, and put the factory resonator back. The Kooks remained, and the rest was factory.
This was an interesting sound. Not horrible but not clean either. Interesting is really my best description.

@Zelek went with the best option, in my opinion, if you are looking to increase tube size.

Also, for other reference, there is almost no place to put a resonator in this system other than the factory placement.
Do you have any videos? I've been debating on Kooks with the green cats.
Sponsored