Sponsored

2022 GT500 - Not doing allocations this year?

Bigbel07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Belmin
Vehicle(s)
13 gt500 owner
Heard this from a source who is best friends with a Ford executive in the FP division. Supposedly Ford will not be doing allocations for the 22 500. Rather, they will be either approving or denying orders that are placed. Appears to be a new way to gauge demand and have customers ordering that are ready to buy instead of sitting on dealer floors.
Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Heard this from a source who is best friends with a Ford executive in the FP division. Supposedly Ford will not be doing allocations for the 22 500. Rather, they will be either approving or denying orders that are placed. Appears to be a new way to gauge demand and have customers ordering that are ready to buy instead of sitting on dealer floors.
That would really shake things up. If that is true I wonder if they would approve orders based on options like colors. I could see lesser desired colors being approved faster than high demand colors to have less biased production numbers. They could also look at the name on the order to see their purchase history regarding other Ford/Ford Performance vehicles.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Unless they go to the “Ford GT” style order process, I can see many ways for a dealer to game that system…

PS: Ford Performance has nothing to do with vehicle production (they are an out-sourced marketing organization). But the person might have heard some of the discussions….

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Dealers that chose to paid to have at least one allocation. Can't see that vaporizing.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
meanwhile M-EC8 forums are talking about how despite the snow storms and having to rebuild from scratch the 100-130 cars they lost in the tornados they still managed 'more than minimal allocations' :headbang: at least one american car company is trying to sell cars

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
If Ford is hoping to move to a more order centric approach at the dealer they really need to bring ADM to heel. If the dealer can hold your car hostage after waiting months for it when you didn't agree to that price at order I probably wouldn't be back for a long time if ever.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
This is not an efficient way of ordering a vehicle, so I doubt this will be happening. I also highly doubt the guy who works at Ford to leak highly classified info like that and it wouldn't be his department anyways.

BrakeFade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E39 M5, '21 CFTP GT500
There appears to be quite a few 2021's still sitting on dealer lots with crazy markups. I wonder what happens when Ford starts picking up 2022 orders, will these dealers start moving their inventory? One dealer online has four 2021's on the lot all with crazy markups.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
There appears to be quite a few 2021's still sitting on dealer lots with crazy markups. I wonder what happens when Ford starts picking up 2022 orders, will these dealers start moving their inventory? One dealer online has four 2021's on the lot all with crazy markups.
Out here in MA, there's a dealership with like 5 or 6 of the '21 GT500 cars in the showroom/dealer lot.
The one I was looking at had a little over 6k ADM. Not terrible, but not great either.

OP
OP
Bigbel07

Bigbel07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Belmin
Vehicle(s)
13 gt500 owner
They're going to start going @ MSRP

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Out here in MA, there's a dealership with like 5 or 6 of the '21 GT500 cars in the showroom/dealer lot.
The one I was looking at had a little over 6k ADM. Not terrible, but not great either.
Do you have a name of the dealer?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Just checked inventory here in San Antonio area: before the holidays there were 13 GT500’s listed. Only one today. It’s a TO base that had a blend date of 11/29/2021. So it’s a late build.
Checked DFW area and six available. Half are CFTP.
The 2021’s are going quick.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I have heard the same with the caveat that your ford pass points will help (or hinder if not enough) get your order through faster for a Shelby in 22. It was a rumor but similar story line “a friend of a friend”. Similar sounding though. How that combines with fords statement that each dealer would get 1/2 last year but at least one, who knows. Not to mention, 22 is not off to a great start considering supply chain shortages before it even begins.

That’s said, getting around that for dealers won’t be hard. I lost count of the number I called on that where ordered as retail orders but where available for sale. One dealer even admittedly holding a bidding war on a car ordered for an individual. NOPE.
Sponsored