Sponsored

2022 GT500 at MSRP

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Hopefully the '20/'21 PCM calibration remains for '22 along with the same emissions equipment on the GT500. I kind of doubt monies were spent on gaining back lost power due to having address the specific mandates for certification in '22 via (or ala) a one year only particulate filtration system.
Sponsored

richardmauro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
richard
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500, 22 Porsche 992 Targa, 2019 Porsche TTS
can not even get a Mach 1 at msrp- 5-10k ADM

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well they will be shutting production down shortly due to the tires if getting a HP or any S550 with Cup2's and those versions won't be available till spring. Is that what you were looking to order?

Sponsored

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
can not even get a Mach 1 at msrp- 5-10k ADM
There is a dealer in Texas who offered me a Grabber Yellow Mach 1 at MSRP a couple of weeks ago. I was looking for a GT500 so I told them I was not interested.

richardmauro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
richard
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500, 22 Porsche 992 Targa, 2019 Porsche TTS
There is a dealer in Texas who offered me a Grabber Yellow Mach 1 at MSRP a couple of weeks ago. I was looking for a GT500 so I told them I was not interested.
2 Dealers I found that had cars wanted 5k ADM and the cars sold

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I believe there will be 2022's.

The value may or may not hold on these cars. These are unusual times and just before this bubble, R model sale prices dipped significantly. Then along came the chip shortage and the supply chain issue. Sooner or later it will correct itself and if you see values going up, it will most likely be relative to everything else due to this shortage of everything. In fact, we may see a significant correction and just like all luxury items, they will be one of the first things to go from most people's garage when the pinch hits. Values will dump and that will be that. The only thing that will work in the favor of long term collectablity, would be that these may be the last example of this kind of performance vehicle built by Ford
Well put.

Getting a '22 at list was looking slim to none as it was, and when the announcement was made that production was getting cut, I'm convinced it will be all but impossible. I'm moving on. Enough of the damn charade, it's too much like work and I do enough of that.

As alluded to above, I also get that gut feeling there's going to be a reckoning of sorts over the next few months. Throw in some new management at work that I'm not fond of, and I think it's time to batten down the hatches and coast with no major financial obligations or outlay until things return to some sort of normalcy.

Meanwhile, it's time to start looking for other older cars on the bucket list that I always wanted to own. I'll be on the hunt for a nice '85.5 or '86 SVO, so any tips are welcome.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well put.

Getting a '22 at list was looking slim to none as it was, and when the announcement was made that production was getting cut, I'm convinced it will be all but impossible. I'm moving on. Enough of the damn charade, it's too much like work and I do enough of that.

As alluded to above, I also get that gut feeling there's going to be a reckoning of sorts over the next few months. Throw in some new management at work that I'm not fond of, and I think it's time to batten down the hatches and coast with no major financial obligations or outlay until things return to some sort of normalcy.

Meanwhile, it's time to start looking for other older cars on the bucket list that I always wanted to own. I'll be on the hunt for a nice '85.5 or '86 SVO, so any tips are welcome.
Yes, I would always prepare for the unexpected. However you must still try if that is part of your dreams. IMHO, if you have your house in order and can afford a correction, then I would not let anything stop me from pursuing my dream car. A '22, if you can get it would be worth it in my opinion.

I'm not trying to cross my signals, but if you can swing it, it may be worth it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yes, I would always prepare for the unexpected. However you must still try if that is part of your dreams. IMHO, if you have your house in order and can afford a correction, then I would not let anything stop me from pursuing my dream car. A '22, if you can get it would be worth it in my opinion.

I'm not trying to cross my signals, but if you can swing it, it may be worth it.
Agreed.

The reality is it couldnā€™t be a better time for me to pop on one, as Iā€™ve been absolved of any and all debt for most of the year. However, unknowns aside, the near complete inability of being able to simply order one at list and then actually take delivery in the current climate is annoying to say the least. Iā€™ve learned the situation is the same for the Bronco I want to order.

As for the dream, I may have had too much time to think about it. The current car is everything I wanted my ā€™07 GT500 to be (and much more), but for my intended use itā€™s seemingly frivolous just as that car was; if I were a track rat of any stripe Iā€™d still be ravenous for one. Not sure when I became so practical.

I guess weā€™ll see where everything lies by spring, but those inferior yet nostalgic cars of my past are calling at the moment.

Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
If anyone knows of a GT500 in or around $80K MSRP and being sold without ADM, and is looking to help a community member out, please, DM me.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
If anyone knows of a GT500 in or around $80K MSRP and being sold without ADM, and is looking to help a community member out, please, DM me.
That is a very tall order. The only way your community member is going to find one is to start calling dealers. It is a long process and there really are no short cuts.

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
That is a very tall order. The only way your community member is going to find one is to start calling dealers. It is a long process and there really are no short cuts.
Indeed, but not impossible. šŸ˜ƒ

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
With the chip shortage all new makes and models have ADM's

Bobfic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1
Life is a box of chocolates, I've hit up few dealers, most will not budge off that 10k mark, I just offered 4k over msrp...nope...should of jumped on Ruby Red at 5 k over ..... at the time was dealing with 2019 ZL1 trade at the time, it's gone now (sold).. I just can't see ADM over 5k....to bad for me
Sponsored