Sponsored

2022 GT500 at MSRP

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
GT 350 owner here, but I took my neighbor for a ride who owns a couple of Saleen Mustangs, and he was blown away at the performance. So now he wants to unload the Saleen‘s, and get a GT500. So the question is, is there a spreadsheet like there are for the 350s that shows which dealerships will have allocation? That’s how I found my car, using that spreadsheet. Would like to help him out if I can.
No there isn't unfortunately, just need to pick up the phone and start calling dealers. I used the ford inventory tool and started there
Sponsored

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 & 2021 C8 Z51
I'm interested in this too. Over at the CF forum it's openly shared what dealers to place an order with to get a new Stingray @ MSRP. Would be nice if we had that here too for a GT500. That is, IF those dealers even exist... ??

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
I think MSRP will be even more more difficult for ‘22.

MCLOVIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Did you buy it at Gullo Ford? How long ago was it?

I live in the area, but have not called them as they look like they are going out of business due to their lack of cars.
Sorry I didn’t see this until now… I ordered
Did you buy it at Gullo Ford? How long ago was it?

I live in the area, but have not called them as they look like they are going out of business due to their lack of cars.
I ordered mine from a planet ford on 45. It took me about a week of going back and forth on the deal but they are willing to negotiate.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It really impresses me that some people are willing to say who they got good prices from. There are a limited number of cars, and once the information is on the internet anyone can get it. So there's a big risk that if you post the dealership name you will never be able to buy from them again. Too many other people will also be trying to do it.

That is real selflessness. Like I said, impressive.

Sponsored

Jim O

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
21 shelby gt500, 69 camaro SS/RS pro toring 427
Hi Mustang6g members,

I am planning to purse a 2022 GT500 and they are probably a few Ford dealership offering a GT500 at MSRP.

Anyone that has already purchased a GT500 at MSRP please send me a PM with the dealership name.

I really appreciate your assistance as a fellow GT500 owner and would potentially save me time and $$$.

Many Many Thanks for any assistance you can provide !

Jim O

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
21 shelby gt500, 69 camaro SS/RS pro toring 427
I bought mine 3 weeks ago. Got it buy going to Ford website, clicking on inventory, and using zip codes from around the country. I must have used over 100 zip codes, and talked to well over 60 dealers. The dealer ordered cars showing are already sold. The ones the say nothing are the allowcation car. The dealers in large metro area's were the highest in price. 15K ro 30K over msrp. Smaller city dealers were the ones willing to work with me. Advise NOT to give them any deposit until they have the car there. Don't let them bs you. Ford is not sending them out in any order and mine showed up at dealer and he had not been warned. Found NO ONE willing to go msrp on a gt500. Best was 8K over. I paid 10K. California was the highest for me. On Fords website you can check the car out the dealer is getting by looking at the window sticker. I was only looking for base optioned cars. Don't need the CF wheeels. Would only curb scratch them anyway.
good luck
JIm O.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
I did the same thing built car searched inventory by zip code found my car that ended up being 10 miles from my house spec'ed out EXACTLY like I would have built and ordered it same color and everything - so I bought it off the showroom floor for 10 over - everyone else was looking for 10, 15, 20 and 25 over some even 30. Most cars were already sold or had deposits taken on them, I suppose I got lucky as I'm hearing there will be NO 2022 performance cars built and all orders in the banks have been cancelled until further notice.

I will tell you this, I was pissed at paying over but - this car is worth every damn penny and honestly I have no idea how they are selling them with MSRP's in the 80's - when a Motard Hell Crap is getting 90K MSRP and can't hold a candle to this car in my opinion, I'm not talking about speed I'm talking over all quality, looks, attraction and future resale. See what that Dodge non serial'ed Punk Wagon will get them in three years after sale vs. The legendary Shelby - not even close.

ddivinia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350R
Surely they will make 2022 GT500s.
D,

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I did the same thing built car searched inventory by zip code found my car that ended up being 10 miles from my house spec'ed out EXACTLY like I would have built and ordered it same color and everything - so I bought it off the showroom floor for 10 over - everyone else was looking for 10, 15, 20 and 25 over some even 30. Most cars were already sold or had deposits taken on them, I suppose I got lucky as I'm hearing there will be NO 2022 performance cars built and all orders in the banks have been cancelled until further notice.

I will tell you this, I was pissed at paying over but - this car is worth every damn penny and honestly I have no idea how they are selling them with MSRP's in the 80's - when a Motard Hell Crap is getting 90K MSRP and can't hold a candle to this car in my opinion, I'm not talking about speed I'm talking over all quality, looks, attraction and future resale. See what that Dodge non serial'ed Punk Wagon will get them in three years after sale vs. The legendary Shelby - not even close.
Well, let's see.....

I'm glad you are enjoying your car. I am too, I agree its a performance bargain.

I believe there will be 2022's.

The value may or may not hold on these cars. These are unusual times and just before this bubble, R model sale prices dipped significantly. Then along came the chip shortage and the supply chain issue. Sooner or later it will correct itself and if you see values going up, it will most likely be relative to everything else due to this shortage of everything. In fact, we may see a significant correction and just like all luxury items, they will be one of the first things to go from most people's garage when the pinch hits. Values will dump and that will be that. The only thing that will work in the favor of long term collectablity, would be that these may be the last example of this kind of performance vehicle built by Ford

As for the shelby part, the only guy around here who has one is Jamie. Ford pays Shelby a lot of money to use their name. They do not have a CSM plate and if you call Shelby American out in Vegas, they will tell you the same thing.

Sponsored

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Hi Mustang6g members,

I am planning to purse a 2022 GT500 and they are probably a few Ford dealership offering a GT500 at MSRP.

Anyone that has already purchased a GT500 at MSRP please send me a PM with the dealership name.

I really appreciate your assistance as a fellow GT500 owner and would potentially save me time and $$$.

Many Many Thanks for any assistance you can provide !
Are they still lowering the HP on the 22 Mach and Gt500 to meet EPA standards?