Sponsored

2022 Grabber Blue 6spd GT got here early.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ford didn't bring it back, it's a different color than the 2017 version. From 1969 until 2017 it was a solid color, no metallic.
We know its not the original color but as OP said the metallic is only really noticeable under direct sunlight. So the color itself is the same with a little additional highlighting. It is certainly better than no Grabber Blue at all.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Congrats on your new GT Zero. The GB is a fantastic color and the Black Accent Group really sets it apart. Plan on doing any PPF/ceramic to protect it?
Yup, getting price quotes now for both, but need to figure out how/when to put on a hood stripe (that's the wife's request), e.g. before ceramic? Before PPF?

Ford didn't bring it back, it's a different color than the 2017 version. From 1969 until 2017 it was a solid color, no metallic. The new version, also used on the mach E is now called grabber blue metallic. The paint code also changed, it is CI on my 17, don't know what the new code is. I wouldn't be surprised if the new GB metallic has the same paint code as the nitrous blue used on the focus RS as it was a metallic also and looks identical to grabber blue until you get close enough to see the flake in it.
I can only see the metal flake in direct sunlight. Otherwise it looks to my eyes like regular Grabber Blue. I really think they just put a little metallic in it to make slightly different. It was used on the Mach-E first. I love the color. My wife wanted the orange from 2021, but they weren't taking 2021 orders anymore, and nobody has a car optioned like this. The dealership ordered cars are all overloaded. This one isn't.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I may be wrong but the new GB met probably is the exact same as the nitrous blue from the focus RS. Ford just changed the name because GB is an iconic color used on mustangs off and on since 1969. Can someone who has a nitro blue RS post what the paint code is, and can the OP post his paint code, then we will know for sure if ford just renamed an existing color or if it is all new.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I may be wrong but the new GB met probably is the exact same as the nitrous blue from the focus RS. Ford just changed the name because GB is an iconic color used on mustangs off and on since 1969. Can someone who has a nitro blue RS post what the paint code is, and can the OP post his paint code, then we will know for sure if ford just renamed an existing color or if it is all new.
Different color.

Nitrous Blue = DW
Grabber Blue = CI
Metallic Grabber Blue = AE

D105C1FA-61AE-4787-90A7-5704F74B2053.jpeg

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I painted my motorcycle that nitrous blue multi stage paint. Beautiful color. It reallly pops.
Havnt seen a metallic gb yet to compare

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Did they change the wheels for the black accent package? I think I like these better.

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
Ford didn't bring it back, it's a different color than the 2017 version. From 1969 until 2017 it was a solid color, no metallic. The new version, also used on the mach E is now called grabber blue metallic. The paint code also changed, it is CI on my 17, don't know what the new code is. I wouldn't be surprised if the new GB metallic has the same paint code as the nitrous blue used on the focus RS as it was a metallic also and looks identical to grabber blue until you get close enough to see the flake in it.
Oh man your preaching to the choir here! I love the history of ā€œPettyā€ blue too. Ford can call it what they want šŸ˜‰ and Iā€™m cool with metallic even if it isnā€™t the original. Hopefully itā€™ll stick around into the S650 in 2024 but I have a feeling this is a limited return. Never made the correlation to nitro blue though and it makes sense looking at it. Itā€™s close if not the same.

Sponsored

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
Can we get a close up of the wheels? I'm dying to know what they look like since I ordered the black accent package too!

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Can we get a close up of the wheels? I'm dying to know what they look like since I ordered the black accent package too!
I'll get one for you later today :)

Edit: Here's a zoom-in on one of the pics I have, but I'll still take a true close-up later.

1642965200572.png

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm surprised no one has commented about it being a spoiler delete car (Black Accent includes a flush spoiler). Dumb me, I didn't know that all the Ford spoilers use the same holes, so I thought I should get a trunk w/o holes in order to put the spoiler I want. Well, made it harder for myself. Now I have to drill holes for it. Planned spoiler is the GT500 "swing"... in gloss black to match the other black accents.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I'm surprised no one has commented about it being a spoiler delete car (Black Accent includes a flush spoiler). Dumb me, I didn't know that all the Ford spoilers use the same holes, so I thought I should get a trunk w/o holes in order to put the spoiler I want. Well, made it harder for myself. Now I have to drill holes for it. Planned spoiler is the GT500 "swing"... in gloss black to match the other black accents.
Your right, I didnā€™t notice. I like spoilers but man your car looks so clean. Are you planning on doing it right away or waiting for a bit?
Sponsored