Sponsored

2022 Ford Mustang prices jacked up across the board

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Oh the new Ford Focus electric got a price increase? Sucks.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm not against EVs but this is the future. The savings you'll get from less mechanical parts will be replaced by high MSRPs due to these essentially being computers on wheels. This will carry into the used car markets. No more DIY, and expect high repair costs.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
I'm not against EVs but this is the future. The savings you'll get from less mechanical parts will be replaced by high MSRPs due to these essentially being computers on wheels. This will carry into the used car markets. No more DIY, and expect high repair costs.
And when everyone plugs their "Smart" Green EV's into whats left of the power grid of an evening to recharge overnight.....on "green energy"..... Get ready for regular massive Blackouts!

Furthermore, Performance, Range and Used Car Value drop off radically with Battery Degradation - which apparently can reach 50% in only 6-8 years !

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I'm glad we got ours when we did and we paid sticker. They'll have no problem selling them as they are flying off the lots with ADMs.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
I'm glad we got ours when we did and we paid sticker. They'll have no problem selling them as they are flying off the lots with ADMs.
Used market on them is pretty bad with battery degradation I would assume. I’m very curious to see like five years down the line, how disposable it becomes compared to an ICE car.

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Glad I placed my order with Granger a couple of months ago. I should be price protected. It'll look good with my Mach 1.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
And when everyone plugs their "Smart" Green EV's into whats left of the power grid of an evening to recharge overnight.....on "green energy"..... Get ready for regular massive Blackouts!

Furthermore, Performance, Range and Used Car Value drop off radically with Battery Degradation - which apparently can reach 50% in only 6-8 years !
Used market on them is pretty bad with battery degradation I would assume. I’m very curious to see like five years down the line, how disposable it becomes compared to an ICE car.
Battery degradation is a real problem but is being worked on aggressively. The technology exists today to to recycle pretty much nearly 100% of a battery, as batteries chemical process is reversible and "losses" is through the powering of electrical motors. Within the next 5 years we will likely start seeing million mile vehicles where essentially the battery life will meet or exceed the life the of other critical components. Those currently with older EVs, yes will see large depreciations now, especially if they are welded/integrated into the vehicle.

Also I sense a lot of hostility towards EVs here and its really not needed, I'm sure people who rode horses hated ICE vehicles. We are just different, I'll continue to love ICE vehicles, but I'm comfortable knowing that my future kids will love EVs. Ill laugh knowing they took out a 120 month loan to hear fart noises over a V8 but that's just life.
Sponsored