Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If Ford would have turned that out as the S650, this forum would have absolutely slaughtered it …
I don't know. They seem infatuated with FoxBody cues over there instead of detesting it.
At least Ames has a 1000 discount on it.
Plus the Saleen bumper looks EXACTLY like the facelift Camaro.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I would never choose this over a GT500. It’s essentially a GT with a supercharger, body kit, and slight suspension upgrades. Oh, and some white gauges straight out of the 90s. I’m also going to guess that it probably doesn’t accelerate like an 800 hp factory car should (e.g. 135+ mph in the 1/4 mile, unless you’re an overweight Challenger Hellcat Redeye).

VooDoo_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Converible 2018 F-150 2020 GT 350 on order
So don't buy the car. Steve has been building amazing cars for quite some time, you can't compare to Rousch, Shelby or a Ford produced Mustang GT. Scroll on my friend we don't need this negativity.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
So don't buy the car. Steve has been building amazing cars for quite some time, you can't compare to Rousch, Shelby or a Ford produced Mustang GT. Scroll on my friend we don't need this negativity.
I didnt see any negativity, he's just spitting facts. Paying this much money for a Mustang GT with a whipple, a body kit, and a nicely tuned aftermarket suspension is nuts.

Sponsored

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I would never choose this over a GT500. It’s essentially a GT with a supercharger, body kit, and slight suspension upgrades. Oh, and some white gauges straight out of the 90s. I’m also going to guess that it probably doesn’t accelerate like an 800 hp factory car should (e.g. 135+ mph in the 1/4 mile, unless you’re an overweight Challenger Hellcat Redeye).
Probably like all the other tuner cars, 800 hp but traps 125 because it can't put power down to save its life.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Send him a message and let him know it's not a 302...

VooDoo_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Converible 2018 F-150 2020 GT 350 on order
All his cars are 302 so again don't buy the car. You send him a message ..

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Here is Steve's car (similar to this green one) that he brought to Cars and Coffee that was hosted at his place
DSC_0161 copy.JPG

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
DSC_0159 copy 2.jpg

Here he is with my kid (who unbelieveably a freshman in college now)
DSC_0177 copy.JPG

Sponsored

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
love the colour and exterior

any reason why they didnt use the upgraded/digital dash?

and im assuming the start up sound is the same as a regular GT

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
They probably didn’t use the upgraded/digital dash for a few reasons. Some actually don’t consider the digital dash an upgrade and prefer the analog gauges. Also, most Saleen cars are ordered as 301a or 400a car as lots of the stuff is ripped out at Saleen and replaced with their own products, like leather. Also, Saleen uses cool white faced gauges that are a throwback to the earlier generations. The price on Saleens and whether they are worth it is subjective. They are not cheap, as most white label, or entry level Saleens are around 60-65k. They are cool serialized cars that probably are most appreciated by old school Mustang guys who remember them in the 80’s. I get the argument that this type of money would be better spend on a GT500. Cars like this green Saleen are a nice option for folks with deep pockets who want something different and see something like this as a cool toy, nothing more…a depreciating asset.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
They probably didn’t use the upgraded/digital dash for a few reasons. Some actually don’t consider the digital dash an upgrade and prefer the analog gauges. Also, most Saleen cars are ordered as 301a or 400a car as lots of the stuff is ripped out at Saleen and replaced with their own products, like leather. Also, Saleen uses cool white faced gauges that are a throwback to the earlier generations. The price on Saleens and whether they are worth it is subjective. They are not cheap, as most white label, or entry level Saleena are around 60-65k. They are cool serialized cars that probably are most appreciated by old school Mustang guys who remember them in the 80’s. I get the argument that this type of money would be better spend on a GT500. Cars like this green Saleen are a nice option for folks with deep pockets who want something different and see something like this as a cool toy, nothing more…a depreciating asset.
We’ll said.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
...Some actually don’t consider the digital dash an upgrade and prefer the analog gauges.
...Also, Saleen uses cool white faced gauges that are a throwback to the earlier generations. The price on Saleens and whether they are worth it is subjective.
That's me. I had the digital dash in a rental car one weekend, and for most of that weekend I was indifferent to it. I wouldn't pay extra for it. Then I tried putting the car in sport mode and when the dash rearranged itself I was like "NOPE". A mountain pass wasn't the time or place to try and get used to that.

I like Saleen's white gauge faces. And they're the part Saleen doesn't sell separately.

They are not cheap, as most white label, or entry level Saleen are around 60-65k. They are cool serialized cars that probably are most appreciated by old school Mustang guys who remember them in the 80’s. I get the argument that this type of money would be better spend on a GT500. Cars like this green Saleen are a nice option for folks with deep pockets who want something different and see something like this as a cool toy, nothing more…a depreciating asset.
Isn't that about the price of a Mach 1 with some options?

I remember when I first noticed the S550 Saleens, the White Label seemed to be about the price of a Bullitt. A lot of people were buying the Bullitt for the subtle distinction in looks, and it was a limited edition. Sure they liked the 480hp, but most Bullitts are just cruising the streets, not doing autocross or track days. ...So if you like exclusivity, the White Label was about the price of a Bullitt, less common, and has a choice of colors.

Now the White Label has inflated to the price of a Mach 1 HP. I don't know if it would hang with a Mach 1 on a track... 🤷‍♂️ It's been a while since Saleen ran a Mustang at Le Mans, so between that and the list of parts their track cred isn't what it used to be.
But they keep finding buyers.

As for the 800hp Black Label... Though Saleen has sold a supercharged option since the '90s, I'm pretty sure their race cars were all naturally aspirated. The target market for this seems to be someone who wants power for bragging rights and won't be doing laps. Much like the typical owner of a Hellcat, Redeye, or ZL1.

I suppose Saleen Mustangs were always niche cars, the niche is just smaller than it used to be.

Last edited:

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Didn't Mr. Saleen use that orange "Black Label" as a pace car?
I know he let some journalists test and review it, 'cause this is a picture of it from AutoBlog:
1672146492340.png

I think this might be it on track, but I can't see a license plate to confirm:
1672146557045.png
Sponsored