Sponsored

2022 Cracked Hood

Wonko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I encountered some road debris that cracked the leading edge of my hood. Is this something insurance will likely say is repairable, or are they likely to cover a new hood? I hope the fender scrape is repairable. Thanks.

IMG_4758.jpeg

IMG_4759.jpeg
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
More than likely a new hood, which I personally would prefer.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Not to long ago a halfway decent body guy could repair that in a few hours. These days, really depends on the shop. The advantage to the repair as opposed to replacement is the paint work would be limited to just the small area on the hood and a little of the fender. I’m referring to the color portion, not clear. With a new hood you’ll really need to go in to the fenders with the color to get the blend correct. Rapid red is no joke of a color to get matched correctly and make the repair look oem original. Me personally, but this is very subjective because I did p&b for several decades, I’d repair it for the reasons I stated. You may have to to take a new hood depending on the shop and insurance company you’re dealing with.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Not to long ago a halfway decent body guy could repair that in a few hours. These days, really depends on the shop. The advantage to the repair as opposed to replacement is the paint work would be limited to just the small area on the hood and a little of the fender. I’m referring to the color portion, not clear. With a new hood you’ll really need to go in to the fenders with the color to get the blend correct. Rapid red is no joke of a color to get matched correctly and make the repair look oem original. Me personally, but this is very subjective because I did p&b for several decades, I’d repair it for the reasons I stated. You may have to to take a new hood depending on the shop and insurance company you’re dealing with.
As a lifetime car guy and body/paint nitpicker I sure agree with the comments above about Rapid Red. It’s a beautiful color and I have one myself but I bought it full well knowing that if anything happened it would be a biotch to match, if it could even be done. To me it looks a lot like HOK CAR.

OP
OP
Wonko

Wonko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Visited two Ford body shops. Consensus is to replace hood and blend to fenders. Thanks for your suggestions!
Sponsored