Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Just picking up on your U.K. volume comment - have you ever seen any volume info for U.K. cars ?

Even basic info would be good, but a breakdown by engine / transmission / colour etc would be perfect :like:

WD :like:

A motoring journalist friend of mine managed to get some info from Ford. Since 2015 they've sold 10,000 here in the UK, with 80%/20% sales in favour of the GT. No breakdown on FB/Conv/colors/trims though :(
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Well, even the US spec CS has the Bullitt grille and wheels. My guess, these were already homologated for Europe, so it made sense to re-use them.

Also, the exhaust in the GT has now been modified and homologated to pass the forthcoming EU noise regulation test. On one hand, that's good news. On the other, I hope it hasn't muted it too much.
Isn't this the US CS? It has an unique grille and wheels. but surely Ford just went with what they already had homologated, that's why the EU Mach 1 was just reusing the Bullitt engine tuning
1648149751416.png

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Isn't this the US CS? It has an unique grille and wheels. but surely Ford just went with what they already had homologated, that's why the EU Mach 1 was just reusing the Bullitt engine tuning
1648149751416.png

Nope, that's an '18-'21 Cali Special. The '22 US version is the same as ours (Bullitt grille, Bullitt wheels), at least if it's spec'd with the Performance Pack (which is a first for the US).

The Atlas Blue one (top) has the Performance Pack.....it needs those Bullitt wheels to clear the Brembo calipers.

The Cyber Orange one (bottom) is the base California Special. It uses the '18-'21 CS wheels, but has the Bullitt grille.

:)
22MY Cali Special 5.jpg
2022 Cyber Orange GTCS 8.jpg

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Kinda cruel to market to Euros the joys of the open road, and picturesque visions of beautiful desert weather.

Sponsored

Fastoldman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1, 13 Viper GTS, 22 Ram CC
When I hear friends here in the USA whine about various automotive options and rules I tend to have them look into the situation in Europe and around the World. We really have it pretty good here and I know the sound regulation throughout the European Continent has been in force for decades ,but a friend of mine in Switzerland says it appears it will get even tougher in many places. The one item I find hard to imagine, with the weather, especially in some European countries is the lack of a Torsen rear end. Noted that is says Australia is also without this and if I read that right I can not fathom the reason why --- definitely would be a benefit for anyone driving in inclement weather.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well, rest of the world Mustangs still get an LSD, just not the Torsen. I suspect a decision was made a long time ago that "Euro" customers wouldn't want the occasional noises a Torsen generates. But it does seem odd for us not to have it.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Well, rest of the world Mustangs still get an LSD, just not the Torsen. I suspect a decision was made a long time ago that "Euro" customers wouldn't want the occasional noises a Torsen generates. But it does seem odd for us not to have it.
Makes me wonder if Torsen, the company and brand name, has some sales/marketing/copyright limitations in Europe?

Last edited:

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hmmmm, looks like there might be a problem with this one. It's an auto, and it appears to be in Park!!

:giggle:

mustang_california_edition_95.jpg
You’re my favorite person for finding this.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yay :)

And sans the ugly and useless fake side scoop.

Yay again :)

And A10 only.

Yay yet again :)

I might just order one. Oh wait I already did :party:

Auto only? Here in the UK, at least, you can get it as a manual as well :)

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Auto only? Here in the UK, at least, you can get it as a manual as well :)
Most likely because after Brexit the UK no longer has to abide by those stupid EU emissions regulations.
Sponsored