Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Base Mach 1 tires on the left, HP Mach 1 tires on the right. So Base Mach 1 has identical tires as GT PP1
Screenshot_20200624-163147_Firefox.jpg
Sponsored

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
As somebody ready to buy, but waiting for 2021 just in case... I’m going to hope the Mach 1 front end is the new standard, maybe a different grill or something but i think it looks great. If not, i also like the 18-20 but at this point i think it’s best to wait or else with my luck they will have some better options or a small upgrade in 21 that I’ll miss out on if i got a 2020 right now
Yeah I get that and considered that myself. I had a 2k private offer that was expiring in May to stack on the deal I had already negotiated with the dealer. With that plus the 0% financing and the PP1 going up another 1k midyear I figured this was the best time to buy for me as it would be extremely difficult to replicate the deal I got once the economy bounced back. Additionally, I've never bought a mustang in spring because the deals usually aren't as good as end of summer or fall. I've owned a 13 and a 15 so initially the 18-20 front end wasn't my speed but it grew on me and now I like it better. If they give the Mach front end to the GT I will probably prefer that but I'm still very happy with my car. Now if they give the GT the Tremec... oh well I guess.

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Base Mach 1 tires on the left, HP Mach 1 tires on the right. So Base Mach 1 has identical tires as GT PP1
Screenshot_20200624-163147_Firefox.jpg
Yeah, I saw this on Steeda's site. I don't know where they got this information. I am skeptical based on the known change in wheel size, but no change in tire size. Haven't found any other sources or pix that show the base Mach 1's tires size. Hope to catch the car itself at Ford National in Carlisle, PA six weeks from now. That said, Ford says these are Vehicle Prototypes, so who knows if all that stuff is set in stone yet.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Hmmm. You pick a blurry, non PP1 or PP2 GT front end photo compared to a high res handling pack Mach 1. How about these pics of a PP2? At least it gives the car a fighting chance vs the Mach 1 handling pack:
PP2-2.JPG
PP2.JPG
Still can’t shake the headlights they borrowed from the Dodge Dart...

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
And that is lame.
Wish you could do it like some car companies, they can let you opt out of summer only tires for like at no charge. good for those Canadian customers in the winter?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
so fingers crossed the tires are at least 265 up front, if not 275.
why does anyone care about meaningless minutia? Tires are cheap Rip 'em off even before it leaves the show room floor for what you really want.

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
To that point I'm assuming it'll be possible for any 18-20 MY owner to swap the bumper with the mach's front end or this potential new 2021 EB/GT fascia?

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Could someone render a GT with the mach grill..
The shape of the upper grille is differnt, so the Mach 1 grille will not fit 18-21 models

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
why does anyone care about meaningless minutia? Tires are cheap Rip 'em off even before it leaves the show room floor for what you really want.
You seriously think tires are meaningless minutia and are cheap? I get it's easy to just switch a set of tires, but even just replacing front two tires, would cost $500-600 for the tires and $50-100 for mounting...if that's cheap to you, then that's awesome? However, not so much for me. More over, I don't want to do it even if I had $700 to burn...I want Ford to do it at the factory.

But to answer your question, tire size is not a meaningless spec; tires are critical to all aspects of a cars performance (going, stopping, handling). I'd rather have better tires (than the PP1 tires) than 20 more HP (though I'd love to see the car hit 500HP). Wider front tires provide better handling and braking performance. The current Bullitt/PP1 tires exacerbate the under-steer characteristic of the front-engined Mustang. I like neutral to over-steer handling, so yes, it is important to me that Ford have a different tire size up front.

Some people want a shaker, some want different tires.

Last edited:

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Once you have driven the Cup 2s om track you understand why they are on the HP, mahhh gaaad the grip is fantastic
I'd love to get the handling pack with the Cup2 tires, but I hear they are not street friendly picking up every bit of debris. Do you drive your Cup2s on the street at all?

That, and I want an automatic, so that kills the mach 1 handling pack for me.

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase