2021MY Mustang Facelift spied again?

AJMTZ985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe.
As somebody ready to buy, but waiting for 2021 just in case... I’m going to hope the Mach 1 front end is the new standard, maybe a different grill or something but i think it looks great. If not, i also like the 18-20 but at this point i think it’s best to wait or else with my luck they will have some better options or a small upgrade in 21 that I’ll miss out on if i got a 2020 right now
I've waited forever to buy a NEW mustang and if the new look is the Mach 1 front end. I'm happy about it. I don't think the 18-20 front end looks BAD but I'm not the biggest fan of it either. I wanna see it in Black but all the photoshop gurus are nowhere to be found
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say the face lift 2021 Mustang will have the same bumper as the Mach1 with a different grill and no front spoiler extension
21my-gt-facelift-1-jpg.jpg
Mach 1 bumper_LI (2).jpg

John_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sold
I've waited forever to buy a NEW mustang and if the new look is the Mach 1 front end. I'm happy about it. I don't think the 18-20 front end looks BAD but I'm not the biggest fan of it either. I wanna see it in Black but all the photoshop gurus are nowhere to be found
Yeah a lot of people feel strongly about the different front ends and to me it’s Just different, neither is better or worse so not a deal breaker. And the color i want will be available in both so also not a factor.

i just know if i get a 2020, next year cloth recaros will be available or something else i really would of wanted and i missed out

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Hmmm. You pick a blurry, non PP1 or PP2 GT front end photo compared to a high res handling pack Mach 1. How about these pics of a PP2? At least it gives the car a fighting chance vs the Mach 1 handling pack:
View media item 17655View media item 17656
High res or not ..can clearly see the improvement in the front end ..15 to 17 was nice looking but junk in design after the mounting tabs broke off so easy ..18 to 19 not bad after you force yourself to like the air curtains ..this new front will finish off the s5550 in is remaining years just right .

Sponsored

mustang777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 1
My thoughts are enough with S550 can we move on to the S650 already
LOL

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say the face lift 2021 Mustang will have the same bumper as the Mach1 with a different grill and no front spoiler extension
21my-gt-facelift-1-jpg.jpg
Mach 1 bumper_LI (2).jpg
Oh great... the passenger headlight bottom has some open gap again like some 18+

Mach 1 bumper_LI (2).jpg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Damn. I looked at it again, and yes, they're red indeed. Need to get more sleep today. Ha ha. Thank you for pointing that out.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I wonder if they just hacked the stock front bumpers in order to get the coolers in there, and then just temporarily moved the turn signals up several inches as their usual mounting places were unusable. If that's the case, then perhaps all we've been seeing are Mach 1 prototypes.
When comparing the bumpers, you can see that the lines of the air vents under the camo line up pretty good with the final Mach 1, while the rest of frontend is just the 18 model (including the old upper grille, the Mach 1 upper grille is slightly reshaped and smaller).
We saw the Mach 1 w HP with this messed up bumper, while later mules showed the final bumper. So your modifying the existing bumper for testing theory makes sense, so they would not have to reveal the final look that early.

I went through all the spyshots we have for MY2021 and it's interesting that besides the dark red GT everyone was a Bullitt (they were all black or highland green). But the delay of MY2021 to January with a pause for european production wouldn't make sense if they are not doing anything for regular EB/GTs. I just honestly doubt that the bottom one here is an actual bumper, especially since it was not seen on prototypes since January

mach1vscamo.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
But the delay of MY2021 to January with a pause for european production wouldn't make sense if they are not doing anything for regular EB/GTs.

This is the only thing that makes me think there might be changes to the Eco/GT..........why, indeed, would they push the '21MY back to January if there are no other changes? They must still be developing something. My only other thought is perhaps they want to launch it with Sync 4 and perhaps that requires changes inside (as I was so convinced by a previous black GT prototype.....but that was the only prototype that seemed to have camo over the dash). But if Sync 4 still uses the existing 8" screen, there's no point delaying the intro of the '21MY just for that.

I also wonder if S650 has a bearing on this. We know it's coming in 2022 as a '23MY, but we don't know exactly when. Perhaps, like the '21MY it will be a very late introduction. And those dates were indicated before Covid hit, so this might end up being a '23MY introduced very early in 2023, not late 2022.

I assume any development work on S650.......and there must be some underway with the car only being 2 years away......would have been delayed 2-3 months due to Covid, hence potentially pushing it back a few months.

Reactions: Ace

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
I still don't believe, that the MY2021 GT / Ecoboost will have the same front as the Mach 1. In my opinion, they did some substantial changes to the Mach 1 (Tremec TR-3160, various coolers, new sway bars, new MagneRide tune, etc.), which they also want to make them visible, I believe. And designing a different bumper is not that expensive, as more or less it is only plastics. Changes of metal parts are way more expensive because this entails changes to the pressing tools.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Changes of metal parts are way more expensive because this entails changes to the pressing tools.
But have in mind that they go global with the Mach 1. Bringing a unique frontend for maybe a few hundred Mach 1 to Europe means that they have get a homologation for that part which is really expensive (it must test individual pedastrian crashs, crash tests, etc). Ford is usally cutting homolgation costs where they can. The former European Product Manager for the Mustang told me a few years ago that they skip all the cool packages in Europe like California Special, 50Y, etc because of the insane costs for getting new wheels through the process.

Other regions will have smiliar regulations, so building a unique frontend for a limited amount of cars seem not reasonable from a economic standpoint. They could have gone with unique grilles like on the Bullitt

Also with Chevy and Dodge not doing anything new for Camaro and Challenger in the upcoming years, bringing this frontend to all Mustangs would be huge hit imho. While mostly refreshs take their time to grow on people, most people I know already love the Mach 1 frontend and are looking for trading in their current car or at least do a frontend swap.

On the other hand, if this frontend will be unique on Mach 1, I see it definitely change minds on the decision to buy the Mach 1 or not

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My daily letters to Ford to get rid of the front end finally paid off!
There’s a reason people dream of 350/500!
Aftermarket front end.

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Seems it's got the 255/275 tires of the GT PP1/Bullitt packages, but the front fascia and rear spoiler of the Mach 1. I think it would be a slap in the fascia to Mach 1 owners if the GT gets the same front end. I am still hoping to find out what the tire size is on the "base" Mach 1...fender spacing in pix suggest the tires (or at least backspacing) is wider. The wheel package is .5" wider than PP1 wheels, so fingers crossed the tires are at least 265 up front, if not 275.
Sponsored