Sponsored

2021 stang GT w Roush phase 2 blower, NO BOOST!?!?! WTF..

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi guys,

I have a 2021 stang GT, last month had dealer install the phase 2 blower, only 2000 miles on car and 500 on blower .. I installed autometer cobalt boost gauge on car today and when I nail it, NO BOOST?!?! WTF can be causing this?
I used a quality silicone hose and tapped passenger side connection on blower intake, gauge is properly installed. Can something be wrong with blower?

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
pic of where you put the line?

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
pic of where you put the line?
Passenger side blower manifold 1/8 npt threaded insert port. Directly to boost gauge using 1/8 quality silicone hose
Thanks Anthony

jtgdg5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
The port you tapped should see vacuum and positive pressure. If your gauge reads boost as well as VAC, you should see VAC on the gauge at idle. If you are seeing zero, it may be a kink or obstruction in the sensing line. If your gauge only reads positive pressure, pop off the hose at the gauge and see if you feel air sucking in when idling. Again, no or little air flow, check for kinks or obstructions. Does the car feel like it is making power?

Some types of silicone tubing will collapse under vacuum. Not sure if it would re-expand correctly after it has collapsed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
The port you tapped should see vacuum and positive pressure. If your gauge reads boost as well as VAC, you should see VAC on the gauge at idle. If you are seeing zero, it may be a kink or obstruction in the sensing line. If your gauge only reads positive pressure, pop off the hose at the gauge and see if you feel air sucking in when idling. Again, no or little air flow, check for kinks or obstructions. Does the car feel like it is making power?

Some types of silicone tubing will collapse under vacuum. Not sure if it would re-expand correctly after it has collapsed.
I had called roush a week ago, they said that port location worked, blag, blag, blah.. I listened to them and it doesnt..
This is 2nd time installing new hose as 1st time it was a cheap hose, this hose is high quality and does the same thing.. I'm lost man. My gauge reads vac and boost. Its an autometer cobalt boost gauge. My vac is perfect, its the boost that wont go past 0+.. it struggles and needle flutters, but wont move.. weird. I know gauge works because I had it on a 2016 fusion ecoboost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Here is a pic of gauge, I'm gonna take pic of manifold connection port later to show u guys..

Screenshot_20210621-153635_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210621-153648_Gallery.jpg

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
Here is a pic of gauge, I'm gonna take pic of manifold connection port later to show u guys..

Screenshot_20210621-153635_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210621-153648_Gallery.jpg
if this is engine on and at idle, something is definitely not hooked up right. you're reading zero vaccum.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
if this is engine on and at idle, something is definitely not hooked up right. you're reading zero vaccum.
No, car was off.. my VAC is dead on and matches dash gauge, it's just that when on it, no boost reading is being made. It wont go past 0+ half throttle.. something is wrong

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I think that spot may have been for some type of sensor for a diff year maybe. Look back farther towards to rear corner possibly (just back from that one). Or remove the NPT fitting you installed and see if it even goes all the way through.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Or remove the NPT fitting you installed and see if it even goes all the way through.
That's what I was thinking, a blind hole.

jtgdg5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Unless something changed on newer Roush kits, this appears to be the correct port. I use this port as a boost reference for a fuel pressure regulator and it functions correctly.

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
Does your gauge have a check valve in it or something in the lines? Maybe it is "blocking" boost if its setup for vacuum only. I glanced at the install instructions for your gauge and there were specific line setups for vacuum only , boost only, and vacuum/boost

just a thought.
Sponsored