N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Where else you gonna find a 800+ hp wide body 'speedster' with full factory warranty for 130 grand ?
Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
There are a few threads in the convertible section where M6G members have put them on. This thread has a install video.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/tonneau-cover-finally.149729/
I wouldn't put one on my car but they do add a certain retro look to the car. The ad calling it a custom cover is IMO somewhat misleading. Yes it's specifically designed for the s550 but custom to me doesn't mean a bit of fiberglass you can but off the internet.
Wow you would have thought (well maybe not...)they would have come up with a custom piece and didn't worry about trying to preserve the rear seats. That may have improved the lines. For that kind of money, it should be a custom piece only available on a Shelby!

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Biggus Dickus detects a stock long-block Coyote. Prove me wrong, but the most important part of the car is essentially no different than what I have in the garage right now -sans blower of course.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Wow lots of convertible haters here lol.

Honestly, previous coupe to convertible person here. I really can’t say that I notice much difference in the rigidity between the two. Maybe. These aren’t the convertibles of the past.

Onto this car... not sure I like the tonneau cover. That is A LOT OF MONEY for it. Too much I think.

Nice there’s more options for folks though!

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Where else you gonna find a 800+ hp wide body 'speedster' with full factory warranty for 130 grand ?
The $130K option is for a GT - that's a lot of bucks for a Mustang GT. You have to go the $180K version for the GT500 based 800HP model. And at $180K, that is another whole league of cars.

Sponsored

joecasta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Base A10
On a side note, anyone else really turned off by the stitching on the seats? Even if I happened to be in the market to buy this thing (which I sure as hell am not by a million miles), that 'Super Snake' white stitching over the rather ordinary leather seats that look like the premium pack leather seats with slightly different pattern, is such a turn off. I'd much rather like to see some premium recaros (not like pole positions, but more like a sportster CS or sportster GT or even a ergomed seat, see here: https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/dynamic/recaro-sportster-cs) or at least some alcantara in the interior like someone else said. At 130k, there's a whole different league of cars to be looking at, and to be worth it, more needs to be done than just performance at that price point, stitched seats or not (my grandma could probably take care of that for me to be honest and I could write whatever the hell I want on it like, 'I love my grandma').

1615851133291.png

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I gotta admit that Shelby does look nice. I am sure the little details are only appreciated by the actual buyers.

WetDuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Unfortunately it’s a Ford - quality is crap regardless of Shelby badge - if I was super rich and had nothing else to buy .... maybe - 130k ... at least the gt350 line had hand built motors ... I have a 19 gt350 door alignment off but I will fix that - poor quality control or American workers that didn’t give a F...

Mustang530

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PREMIUM,RACE RED,AUTOMATIC
Unfortunately it’s a Ford - quality is crap regardless of Shelby badge - if I was super rich and had nothing else to buy .... maybe - 130k ... at least the gt350 line had hand built motors ... I have a 19 gt350 door alignment off but I will fix that - poor quality control or American workers that didn’t give a F...
130k? Same stock round steering wheel? This car is nice, but it’s for someone who spends 130k like I spend 130 dollars. Not unique enough for me for the price.

Sponsored

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
Looks like some seat stitching still visible
398FEE21-B199-421C-9938-13ABEE8EFF44_1_201_a.jpeg
?

ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
It is beautiful. I'm guessing that price includes the $53,790 GT.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Guhhhhh the GT-H/Signature series bumper looks so awesome. Sadly it looks like Shelby American may have discontinued the use of the GT-H bumper completely... https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/Shelby-GT-2021
Hence the lower price, maybe they still make the bumper but moved it to just higher trims only, still cannot buy the GT-H hood or the bumper, but ironically cans till buy the upper grill insert and the super snake hoods retail.

but still the top end versions also retain the Pony airbag.... which still bothers me to date with all the money invested in a conversion.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
This.

My '07 GT500 was a vert and, despite Ford's attempts at bracing, was a handling turd. I'd wager this car is better, but never again for this guy, lesson learned.

It's a looker though.

Ask Porsche engineers about the 992 turbo s convertible chassis, the McLaren guys with the 720s, 600lt, 650s, 675s.... all convertibles, all handling extremely well.

great handling and convertible top is expensive AF lol... my heart says carbon fiber tub, my budget says hold my beer and bring me a grinder...

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
One has been sitting in my local Ford dealership for many, many, many months with no takers.
Sponsored