• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Texas Sold

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
I hate to tell you, but I think you missed the bubble of people buying used cars for more than MSRP. I made $13K off of mine, but that was during the height of the used car rage…
Nah, I think it’s important to know what’s happening in the market for these cars. Production is over for good on this generation GT500. It’ll be several years at least before there is another. And it’s wintertime when sales are slow. So with a little patience and some understanding of broader factors, it’ll sell. Plus MSRP went up $7k in 2022, so this is only about $4k over new 2022 MSRP. People looking will understand that.
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
186 Miles to E says a lot about how you drove it. I feel like I baby mine and only see 166 miles to E. LOL. GLWS.

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
186 Miles to E says a lot about how you drove it. I feel like I baby mine and only see 166 miles to E. LOL. GLWS.
Oh good point, must have been dumb luck strategic on my part….hahaha!

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
I’ve thought about it a little, but I think they require a reserve that is somewhat low. I’d rather be patient, and if I have to wait until the weather turns in the spring and all the new ones are gone, that’s fine. Barrett Jackson did contact me however and asked if I’d put it in their January auction in Scottsdale. Not sure I’m willing to pay them an 8% commission though.

Sponsored

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Gotcha. I think for a car with an asking price as much as yours, you'll get better luck on BaT or even forums like rennlist etc. A little too rich for the majority of M6G users... IMHO. Also as with any sports car, spring/summer is your best bet but you know that already I'm sure.

It's a great spec though and would be great to keep in the m6g family!

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
Gotcha. I think for a car with an asking price as much as yours, you'll get better luck on BaT or even forums like rennlist etc. A little too rich for the majority of M6G users... IMHO. Also as with any sports car, spring/summer is your best bet but you know that already I'm sure.

It's a great spec though and would be great to keep in the m6g family!
All good points. I might try BaT in the Spring if the car hasn’t sold yet. Not really willing to pay any auction fees during the down time of winter. And don’t worry, I have another one of these that I’m keeping, so it’ll be staying in the MG6 family here!

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Don't know for sure but I think BaT charges a small fee to the seller and something like 5% to the buyer, so your out of pocket as the seller is pretty cheap.

That is a beautiful car by the way.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I sold mine on bat. I was able to set reserve. it was a great experience. If reserve is not met they will allow you and the highest bidder to work out a deal

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
Don't know for sure but I think BaT charges a small fee to the seller and something like 5% to the buyer, so your out of pocket as the seller is pretty cheap.

That is a beautiful car by the way.
I sold mine on bat. I was able to set reserve. it was a great experience. If reserve is not met they will allow you and the highest bidder to work out a deal
Might give it a try when the weather warms up a bit…

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
If you think you want to go that route just an fyi that it can possibly be a few months before they go live with it. Also, there email response time can be a few days in most cases. Your asking price is in line with what there bringing currently for your spec. Beautiful car. Glws.

Might give it a try when the weather warms up a bit…

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
If you think you want to go that route just an fyi that it can possibly be a few months before they go live with it. Also, there email response time can be a few days in most cases. Your asking price is in line with what there bringing currently for your spec. Beautiful car. Glws.
Oh thanks, very helpful to know if it takes that long to get a listing posted on BaT. Will keep that in mind for Spring timing when sales should warm up a bit with the weather.

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
bump

OP
OP
gregp

gregp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500, BMW M3
This will have to be priced under $100k to sell
Certainly appreciate the opinion, but low miles cars with CFTP and Painted Stripes sell for $110k to $120k+ all the time. If I dropped the price to $100k, it would sell before I even finished posting the listing. :)
Sponsored