2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
2021-Mustang-GT-S650-Render-JC-Design-657x360.jpg

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Wishful S650
Looks pretty sharp. I think the front area and headlights need a little tweeking but the shape is very sleek. Is that one of your renderings?

Why do all concept renderings have super huge concave wheels, zero fender gap, and completely unrealistic dimensions? It's like they all think they are designing for Hot Wheels.

All the exaggeration is to show the design language. In sports car design the elements that relate to performance and emphasized. Long hoods, wide tires/stance, wide fenders, low ride height, raked windshield, low roof, etc convey this. Or basically how a race car looks because it doesn't​ have to be practical at all. The concept cars look like that too. Then they tone it down a little for supercars and exotics and way down for regular production cars.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Ooooh God ....

NO ! Looks to much like a European Sports Car. That design can be so close to so many other cars out there already. :mad:

Sponsored

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
"It's too European!"

Meanwhile the original Mustang was intended to be a European inspired sports coupe.
Hahaha :cheers:

Why do all concept renderings have super huge concave wheels, zero fender gap, and completely unrealistic dimensions? It's like they all think they are designing for Hot Wheels.
Just to get you salivating. Then the production vehicle comes out and you're left scratching your head.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
So these new ecoboost V6's are crushing it on torque. Fusion sport's 2.7 will have what 380 ft/lbs. The MKZ's new 3.0 will have 400 ft/lbs?

Then I see this engine comparison of a Coyote vs LS: http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-te...coyote-budget-shootout-results-the-winner-is/

The 5.0 had a nice high HP #, but the torque was bout stock. I'm guessing boost of course would fix that...but it would be nice to see some displacement increase.
:lol:

the comments are hilarious

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I'm sure someone has brought this up by now, but... that's a really short refresh cycle, isn't it?

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I'm sure someone has brought this up by now, but... that's a really short refresh cycle, isn't it?
If I had to guess I would say it's CAFE related.

If you can get it lighter, improve its small overlap crash score, and make it more powerful and efficient. It's a win for everyone.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.