Not open for further replies.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Not a fan of the key fob cell case concept. I would rather pick my own phone case not be forced to use ford's. I don't understand what is wrong with a simple key fob. It's not broke, so don't fix.
Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Not a fan of the key fob cell case concept. I would rather pick my own phone case not be forced to use ford's. I don't understand what is wrong with a simple key fob. It's not broke, so don't fix.
People are using their keys less and less often.

If I'm driving the Mustang, I touch my keys twice per day, to put them in my pocket in the morning and when I take them out at the end of the day.

This has been the case for the last 3 of my cars that have smart keys.

I wouldn't be opposed to it. I have never had a phone stolen or lost, I never forget it either.

It makes you wonder about the future. Wouldn't surprise me if your car scans your face like one of the new iphones.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
[MENTION=6363]Topnotch[/MENTION] ........is this the guy that used to be on TheMustangSource? That name rings a bell :)
It is Arin from TMS.

And, just so people are clear - those are not official mock-ups or designs. Those are his drawings and models that he makes on his own.

Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
20k difference (just base MSRPs and the GT is beating it by 5HP now) is huge in competing with the Corvette...

I know that there are a lot of people with kids but I can't imagine it is that much of the demographic unless all of these guys are really using that useless back seat to sell their wives on it while the kids are little.
My kids are older but I still need to be able to transport them. I have a 2018 on order and if it didn’t have rear seats I wouldn’t be be buying it. It’ll be my DD.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
My kids are older but I still need to be able to transport them. I have a 2018 on order and if it didn’t have rear seats I wouldn’t be be buying it. It’ll be my DD.
I'd still buy a Mustang, but I wouldn't be happy. People can squeeze back there in a pinch, and my 14 year old daughter fits just fine now.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hate to say it but looks kind of like a Camaro.
. Fortunately it's only a concept car, made evident by the hyperbolic proportions and outrageously inpractical sidepipes. I like the general shape of the front end. Everything else needs a lot of work.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
S650 will not have as sharp of lines as the S550.

If S550 was a fist punching through glass as per a faster horse. S650 will be a fist punching through water, more elegant, less aggressive.

Ford will not make the mistake of the Camaro with 7th gen mustang looking to much like the 6th gen.

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
A true fastback. I'm digging it.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Show me a much smaller, mass produced 2+2 coupe that has an engine sized 5.0L or bigger produced today that has an interior capacity no smaller than the mustang.

The only car that I can find that even comes close is the Lexus RCF. It's has the same wheelbase, but is smaller in every way. The interior is far more cramped. It has less legroom, less shoulder room, 3.5 cubic feet less of cargo space and weighs 150lbs more. Oh yea, it starts at $65k.

You cannot shrink the mustang without negatively impacting interior and cargo space....which would immediately turn off a bulk of the US buyers. These are all packaging constraints.
Repost those 6G S550 shooting brake and wagon renders/sketches.
I really truely would buy one of those even at 50-60k.
80k if you move front wheels further forward and get me AWD.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
. Fortunately it's only a concept car, made evident by the hyperbolic proportions and outrageously inpractical sidepipes. I like the general shape of the front end. Everything else needs a lot of work.
I don't know what it is about automotive designers/artists, but it seems that at design school (or wherever) they are all indoctrinated to design impractical cars with slits for windows and preposterously high belt-lines. Why? IMO that's the main thing wrong with the 6th gen Camaro looks. GM seemed to have the goal of actually building the car to look like the artist concept and now you have a car that you can't use at a drive up ATM because of the ridiculous windows.

That concept art is horrible.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If they do it like the i8 concept car, it'd be fine.
bmw-i8-concept-sideview-v2.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.