Sponsored

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Thanks for the update! Are there any pictures of the new black accent package 19x8.5 wheels?

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
do you just hate performance? 9.5 up front minimum and 10 is more like it.
I'm not going to take it to the track anytime soon so I want the appearance over pp1. Plus, I get dealer pricing on third party rims and tires so I'm not too worried about changing them when I want or need too for various purposes

Sponsored

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
Hi folks, I'm a little new to the option picking, as my only Mustang was a pre-owned GT Convertible. Now it's lost in a bad accident involving a mountain lion, so I'm thinking of buying a new Mustang. (As soon as 2021 order banks are open.)

My main question so far is how helpful is MagneRide? We don't go track (at least, not yet) but often drive highways for a long time, sometimes in difficult conditions (night/rain/snow.) We also go country and rural roads, occasionally. (Yes, I know a SUV would do better for that. But I'm not quite ready for having multiple cars.)

I'm not an expert, but MagneRide sounds like something useful and enhancing driver comfort even under normal conditions. My main concern is it requires GT Performance Package. Which is fine, too. (I'm not against throwing some extra cash on cool stuff.)

But it seems like this package is mutually exclusive with mini spare wheel, which is something I'd rather have. Moreover, the package comes with summer-only tires, which I'm afraid are not suitable for us in WA. So, what should I chose?

Also, why does the performance package remove the spoiler on Convertible? I mean, if spoiler is bad for performance, why bother installing it by default? Does not make any sense to me. (But once again, I'm a novice, so my questions might be stupid.)

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
MR is very nice to have for routine driving. It's not perfect by a long shot but the stock suspension is such dog sh*t, anything is better, frankly. I take that back, stock rear shocks are better than the PerfPack shocks.

Rather than pay the steep markup for a 2021 car with PP and MR (6500-7000), find a 2020 leftoever with the features. Plenty to choose from I should think.

Or better yet save a metric bundle ($5000) and buy 200/800 springs and Bilstein B6 at 4 corners and you'll be doing plenty good.

The spoiler interferes with radio antenna and drop-top. You can put various low-profile spoilers on if you like.

348SStb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 991.2 911 S Cab, 2017 AMG SL63, 2019 AMG C63S, 2016 Boxster Spyder, 2019 Mustang GT Conv, too many others
Has there been any update to the order guide to address the adaptive cruise control/front collision warning confusion in connection with the Mach1?

Have we resolved the question of whether the Mach1 will have either feature available?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Have we resolved the question of whether the Mach1 will have either feature available?
yes there was a addendum posted:
"we here at Ford strongly feel that drivers are expected to keep their eyes open and focused on the road 8 seconds ahead, and their hands on the wheel and feet on the pedals and at all times mentally engaged in the task of driving a 4000lb vehicle covering the length of a football field every second." 😜

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Has there been any update to the order guide to address the adaptive cruise control/front collision warning confusion in connection with the Mach1?

There has been no update because nothing has changed. ACC is not available on the Mach 1. No one knows if this is going to change. All of the safety features are part of CoPilot 360 which is standard on all Mustangs.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
yes there was a addendum posted:
"we here at Ford strongly feel that drivers are expected to keep their eyes open and focused on the road 8 seconds ahead, and their hands on the wheel and feet on the pedals and at all times mentally engaged in the task of driving a 4000lb vehicle covering the length of a football field every second." 😜
:crackup: :cwl::crackup::cwl: Matt, you can be such an ass. :clap::like::giggle:

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
There has been no update because nothing has changed. ACC is not available on the Mach 1. No one knows if this is going to change. All of the safety features are part of CoPilot 360 which is standard on all Mustangs.
Copilot, minus the ACC! :-(