Sponsored

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
Paddle Shifters are not included next year when you order 100A, probably for cost reasons. But ordering the High Performance Package will get you the paddle shifters, even if you didn’t order 101A. Ordering 101A will always get you paddles regardless if you have High Performance or not.

Hope this helps. I’ll also be ordering a 6MT EcoBoost soon.
Thanks, yes it clarifies. That's what I figured. I never understood why Ford de-contents in order to save a few bucks. At least, it's only on the base model. Makes me wonder how Ford can call it a SelectShift transmsission if they don't provide any means to manually shift. Anyway, I'm interested in the EcoBoost premium or package 101 or maybe the Ecoboost Performance.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks, yes it clarifies. That's what I figured. I never understood why Ford de-contents in order to save a few bucks. At least, it's only on the base model. Makes me wonder how Ford can call it a SelectShift transmission if they don't provide any means to manually shift. Anyway, I'm interested in the EcoBoost premium or package 101 or maybe the Ecoboost Performance.
This is just as bad as Ford pulling a horn in 2019. At least that was easily resolved. Pulling the paddles out of a base Ecoboost is just plain stupid.

Your also right about SelectShift. Maybe they put in on the floor. Yeah, right.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Good cost cutting on Fords part. Exactly how many have ever needed it ? The right side overhead console light provides better illumination.
Eh...valid point, I suppose. I rarely open my glove box.

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
For those wondering about ACC and the Mach 1...AU brochure lists adaptive cruise as standard.

Given that the Mach 1 bumper doesn't cover the ACC sensor, and that the grille piece that does has flat parts behind the honeycomb to protect the sensor, it now seems more likely that ALL 2021 MY have the ACC/Pre-collision assist sensor, and that the extra charge to get ACC in lower model trims doesn't seem much more than charging for software as the hardware is likely already there.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
that the extra charge to get ACC in lower model trims doesn't seem much more than charging for software as the hardware is likely already there.
ACC is indeed just a software feature since 'something360' is standard across the entire lineup and uses that sensor for automatic front collision detection and braking intervention. It really is pathetic how Ford can con so many people out of money over worthless features.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
ACC is indeed just a software feature since 'something360' is standard across the entire lineup and uses that sensor for automatic front collision detection and braking intervention.
How do you know this? The reason I ask is that the Mach 1 has the Co-Pilot 360 system but ACC is not available. That would kind of Indicate that they are not the same.
It really is pathetic how Ford can con so many people out of money over worthless features.
So Ford is pathetic for offering an option that people can either choose or not. Also define worthless. I have it, use it often and like having it. It’s not a worthless feature, it’s a worthless feature to you.

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
@Bikeman315 I think they're responding to what I found in the RHD Mach 1 brochure. It says ACC is standard.

So either the brochure or the order guide is incorrect. If Mach 1 has ACC then it seems that ACC doesn't necessarily need to be optional from a hardware standpoint.

However as someone in the tech industry, software has value so not commenting on that. And even with the same sensor, adding ACC might require extra things to work.

Only thing I'm trying to highlight is that certain aftermarket grilles might not work with 2021 as copilot 360 is now standard, and might need sensors that would be blocked by them.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
For those wondering about ACC and the Mach 1...AU brochure lists adaptive cruise as standard.

Given that the Mach 1 bumper doesn't cover the ACC sensor, and that the grille piece that does has flat parts behind the honeycomb to protect the sensor, it now seems more likely that ALL 2021 MY have the ACC/Pre-collision assist sensor, and that the extra charge to get ACC in lower model trims doesn't seem much more than charging for software as the hardware is likely already there.
Do we know for sure that the AU bumper is identical? Also ACC is now part of the Safe & Smart package that includes NAV. Go figure.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
@Bikeman315 I think they're responding to what I found in the RHD Mach 1 brochure. It says ACC is standard.

So either the brochure or the order guide is incorrect. If Mach 1 has ACC then it seems that ACC doesn't necessarily need to be optional from a hardware standpoint.

However as someone in the tech industry, software has value so not commenting on that. And even with the same sensor, adding ACC might require extra things to work.

Only thing I'm trying to highlight is that certain aftermarket grilles might not work with 2021 as copilot 360 is now standard, and might need sensors that would be blocked by them.
Got it. :like: :rockon:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the Mach 1 has the Co-Pilot 360 system but ACC is not available
every 2021 trim Mustang now has Co-Pilot 360. ACC is just linking the cruise-control with collision polling routines.

Code:
while poll front proximity+distance sensors; do
  if !(FEATURES & CP360_MASK) sleep polling_interval

# driver not paying attention
  if object_closure_rate >= emergency_braking threshold then
    if object distance <= emergency_braking threshold then
      apply brakes
    else
      flash forward collision warning
  else
    # sucker paid for ACC
    If (FEATURES & ACC_MASK) and object_closure rate > ignore_threshold and
      object_distance <= intervention_threshold then
        reduce cruise speed # if cruise != Active, this is a Noop
done
There's nothing to it. Charging hundreds for this is a complete ripoff.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
@Mikthehun1 looking back at what I wrote, I don't really remember what I meant by that either. In the end I guess I'm trying to say a lot of this is all conjecture so I can't know for sure until we actually get a hold of MY2021s in the metal.

@shogun32 yeah honestly that's what I was thinking. If this is true, does remind me of the whole debacle with BMW and Apple Carplay and what Mike mentioned about Tesla. Kinda lame if this is a continuing trend across the industry.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
IF thats true, i can see how people that want it would be upset.

Personally, id rather pay less (i believe its $1000?) to not have it, as i would never use it.
I used to think that, until I got on enough long highway trips with my '11 SHO and my '15 GTP. Not having to worry about the speed is actually awesome for those trips. Wish it would be on the mach1.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Fine for you, but for people who have enjoyed the convenience of ACC for years and want it on their cars in the future it is a problem. On a regular GT AAC and Navigation is a $1000 package and Navigation on the Mach 1 is $595. I would gladly pay the additional $405 for ACC.
Agreed!
Sponsored