Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
@Bikeman315 I think they're responding to what I found in the RHD Mach 1 brochure. It says ACC is standard.

So either the brochure or the order guide is incorrect. If Mach 1 has ACC then it seems that ACC doesn't necessarily need to be optional from a hardware standpoint.

However as someone in the tech industry, software has value so not commenting on that. And even with the same sensor, adding ACC might require extra things to work.

Only thing I'm trying to highlight is that certain aftermarket grilles might not work with 2021 as copilot 360 is now standard, and might need sensors that would be blocked by them.
Got it. :like: :rockon:

Advertisement

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
@Bikeman315...However as someone in the tech industry, software has value so not commenting on that. And even with the same sensor, adding ACC might require extra things to work...
I think the annoyance is more that the car possibly has all the physical parts it needs to have a feature, just not the magical handshake from Ford. It's like how Tesla "trims" are often the same exact car, just with a firmware flash. To the point where they can extend the range on batteries with an OTA update. That'd be like an EcoBoost being a GT, just with 4-cylinders switched off.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "extra things to work".

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, EB+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
the Mach 1 has the Co-Pilot 360 system but ACC is not available
every 2021 trim Mustang now has Co-Pilot 360. ACC is just linking the cruise-control with collision polling routines.

Code:
while poll front proximity+distance sensors; do
  if !(FEATURES & CP360_MASK) sleep polling_interval

# driver not paying attention
  if object_closure_rate >= emergency_braking threshold then
    if object distance <= emergency_braking threshold then
      apply brakes
    else
      flash forward collision warning
  else
    # sucker paid for ACC
    If (FEATURES & ACC_MASK) and object_closure rate > ignore_threshold and
      object_distance <= intervention_threshold then
        reduce cruise speed # if cruise != Active, this is a Noop
done
There's nothing to it. Charging hundreds for this is a complete ripoff.

Last edited:

mustangpegasus51

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
@Mikthehun1 looking back at what I wrote, I don't really remember what I meant by that either. In the end I guess I'm trying to say a lot of this is all conjecture so I can't know for sure until we actually get a hold of MY2021s in the metal.

@shogun32 yeah honestly that's what I was thinking. If this is true, does remind me of the whole debacle with BMW and Apple Carplay and what Mike mentioned about Tesla. Kinda lame if this is a continuing trend across the industry.

dhborden

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/50th APP + Ford Performance Power Pack II; 2011 Taurus SHO w/CAI + SCT Tune

dhborden

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/50th APP + Ford Performance Power Pack II; 2011 Taurus SHO w/CAI + SCT Tune
IF thats true, i can see how people that want it would be upset.

Personally, id rather pay less (i believe its $1000?) to not have it, as i would never use it.
I used to think that, until I got on enough long highway trips with my '11 SHO and my '15 GTP. Not having to worry about the speed is actually awesome for those trips. Wish it would be on the mach1.

dhborden

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Fine for you, but for people who have enjoyed the convenience of ACC for years and want it on their cars in the future it is a problem. On a regular GT AAC and Navigation is a $1000 package and Navigation on the Mach 1 is $595. I would gladly pay the additional $405 for ACC.
Agreed!

Adamone92

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I used to think that, until I got on enough long highway trips with my '11 SHO and my '15 GTP. Not having to worry about the speed is actually awesome for those trips. Wish it would be on the mach1.
like i said..depends on the person. ive had it in other cars..tried it a few times..and didnt anymore. couldnt care less if its on my mustang and if its cheaper without it, id prefer that. If you enjoy it, more power to you.

the only thing i ever use any type of cruise control on is my bmw s1000rr motorcycle on longer trips.

dhborden

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
you can't feel the Steeda spring. All it's doing is pushing the lever back up to 'home' position instead of flopping about. What you feel is the hydraulic pressure on the piston instead of some amorphous 'where the hell is the bite point' you get with the inscrutably stupid Ford choice.
Agreed. I didn't notice the change much, just a little better than feeling like I was fighting the return.

LeoYasuo

Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2014 F30 328i
ile poll front proximity+distance sensors; do if !(FEATURES & CP360_MASK) sleep polling_interval # driver not paying attention if object_closure_rate >= emergency_braking threshold then if object distance <= emergency_braking threshold then apply brakes else fl
Have we seen a confirmed price for this option?

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 5.13.06 PM.png
Shouldn't be over 1000, considering the base price for EcoBoost and GT are already raised about 1000.

Advertisement

207 - CSWC

Advertisement