Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Question about deletion of paddle shifters in the Mustang EcoBoost Fastback (P8T/99H/44U), package 100. Order guide has 10 speed SelectShift automatic transmission available in packages 100 and 101. Order guide also shows the SelectShift and paddle shifters are only available with package 101. So how can SelectShift be available in package 100 without paddle shifters?
The order guide has numerous typos. This could be one them. Cannot image why the would remove the paddles.

Advertisement

LeoYasuo

Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2014 F30 328i
Question about deletion of paddle shifters in the Mustang EcoBoost Fastback (P8T/99H/44U), package 100. Order guide has 10 speed SelectShift automatic transmission available in packages 100 and 101. Order guide also shows the SelectShift and paddle shifters are only available with package 101. So how can SelectShift be available in package 100 without paddle shifters?
Paddle Shifters are not included next year when you order 100A, probably for cost reasons. But ordering the High Performance Package will get you the paddle shifters, even if you didn’t order 101A. Ordering 101A will always get you paddles regardless if you have High Performance or not.

Hope this helps. I’ll also be ordering a 6MT EcoBoost soon.

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, EB+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Where did I you see that? GT is the same as EB.
The GT has had rev-match since '19. The EB picked it up in 2020. I'm not sure if it was turned on for just HPP or the whole spectrum (with 101A/201A).

LeoYasuo

Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2014 F30 328i
The GT has had rev-match since '19. The EB picked it up in 2020. I'm not sure if it was turned on for just HPP or the whole spectrum (with 101A/201A).
I think EcoBoost only has rev matching on up shifts, which is only a partial rev matching. EcoBoosts still don’t have downshifting on rev matching in my understanding.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
You said, "pull on the paddles". I thought you were referring to the A10. Never mind. :giggle:

I think EcoBoost only has rev matching on up shifts, which is only a partial rev matching. EcoBoosts still don’t have downshifting on rev matching in my understanding.
Rev matching is technically only on downshifts. EB's do not have rev matching of any kind.

llinthicum1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
Paddle Shifters are not included next year when you order 100A, probably for cost reasons. But ordering the High Performance Package will get you the paddle shifters, even if you didn’t order 101A. Ordering 101A will always get you paddles regardless if you have High Performance or not.

Hope this helps. I’ll also be ordering a 6MT EcoBoost soon.
Thanks, yes it clarifies. That's what I figured. I never understood why Ford de-contents in order to save a few bucks. At least, it's only on the base model. Makes me wonder how Ford can call it a SelectShift transmsission if they don't provide any means to manually shift. Anyway, I'm interested in the EcoBoost premium or package 101 or maybe the Ecoboost Performance.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Thanks, yes it clarifies. That's what I figured. I never understood why Ford de-contents in order to save a few bucks. At least, it's only on the base model. Makes me wonder how Ford can call it a SelectShift transmission if they don't provide any means to manually shift. Anyway, I'm interested in the EcoBoost premium or package 101 or maybe the Ecoboost Performance.
This is just as bad as Ford pulling a horn in 2019. At least that was easily resolved. Pulling the paddles out of a base Ecoboost is just plain stupid.

Your also right about SelectShift. Maybe they put in on the floor. Yeah, right.

carguy1701

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Good cost cutting on Fords part. Exactly how many have ever needed it ? The right side overhead console light provides better illumination.
Eh...valid point, I suppose. I rarely open my glove box.

mustangpegasus51

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
For those wondering about ACC and the Mach 1...AU brochure lists adaptive cruise as standard.

Given that the Mach 1 bumper doesn't cover the ACC sensor, and that the grille piece that does has flat parts behind the honeycomb to protect the sensor, it now seems more likely that ALL 2021 MY have the ACC/Pre-collision assist sensor, and that the extra charge to get ACC in lower model trims doesn't seem much more than charging for software as the hardware is likely already there.

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, EB+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
that the extra charge to get ACC in lower model trims doesn't seem much more than charging for software as the hardware is likely already there.
ACC is indeed just a software feature since 'something360' is standard across the entire lineup and uses that sensor for automatic front collision detection and braking intervention. It really is pathetic how Ford can con so many people out of money over worthless features.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
ACC is indeed just a software feature since 'something360' is standard across the entire lineup and uses that sensor for automatic front collision detection and braking intervention.
How do you know this? The reason I ask is that the Mach 1 has the Co-Pilot 360 system but ACC is not available. That would kind of Indicate that they are not the same.
It really is pathetic how Ford can con so many people out of money over worthless features.
So Ford is pathetic for offering an option that people can either choose or not. Also define worthless. I have it, use it often and like having it. It’s not a worthless feature, it’s a worthless feature to you.

mustangpegasus51

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
@Bikeman315 I think they're responding to what I found in the RHD Mach 1 brochure. It says ACC is standard.

So either the brochure or the order guide is incorrect. If Mach 1 has ACC then it seems that ACC doesn't necessarily need to be optional from a hardware standpoint.

However as someone in the tech industry, software has value so not commenting on that. And even with the same sensor, adding ACC might require extra things to work.

Only thing I'm trying to highlight is that certain aftermarket grilles might not work with 2021 as copilot 360 is now standard, and might need sensors that would be blocked by them.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
For those wondering about ACC and the Mach 1...AU brochure lists adaptive cruise as standard.

Given that the Mach 1 bumper doesn't cover the ACC sensor, and that the grille piece that does has flat parts behind the honeycomb to protect the sensor, it now seems more likely that ALL 2021 MY have the ACC/Pre-collision assist sensor, and that the extra charge to get ACC in lower model trims doesn't seem much more than charging for software as the hardware is likely already there.
Do we know for sure that the AU bumper is identical? Also ACC is now part of the Safe & Smart package that includes NAV. Go figure.

Advertisement

15 - Steeda - 1

Advertisement