Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
While this makes sense in general, I believe someone from Granger commented earlier on this forum about Mach 1 having the highest margin for Ford out of all Mustangs, so I am not sure this is really the reason for cancelling Mach 1s.
Unless Ford's experience with GT350 warranty claims has them worried that other track-focused Mustangs will have lots of warranty claims as well. I'm sure you/Granger are correct that the initial margins are high. As far as I can tell, pre-pandemic this vehicle might have had 25-40% lower MSRP. I don't think their costs have really risen that much.

That's what I'm worried about - if Ford decides track-focused cars aren't profitable for them I have to then find a different place to go for new cars. I think they'd be better off with a little more displacement and a more conservative engine tune, along with a lighter car to hit their performance targets.
Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
They cancelled them because the production was dragging due to lack of chips and consequent factory shutdowns, then 2 week shutdown because of gas leak and then it was too late to produce them with Cup2s (November - March is the window they are not made as it's too cold). Silly reason, I know, pretty sure most of the customers would take them gladly with PS4S in the same size instead... I guess that's the only flaw, Cup2s should have been optional even on HP. But other than that, I wouldn't look deeper into it, the cancellations is just simple as that.

Is that a big issue anyway? In many states in cold weather people wouldn't be plowing snow with additional front splitter so taking delivery in April 2022 makes more sense anyway. The long wait sucks, but that is the state of car industry anywhere, not really Ford's fault. Step back, have patience, and the bliss is inevitable :wink:

Oh btw, you're wrong about SUVs not being exctiting, I feel certain vibes with the new Bronco 😁

Last edited:

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
So, the website states my car is in production beginning yesterday and estimated arrival at Granger on January 3. At this rate, I won’t be seeing it until February. Any other 2021 Granger cars that are even later than this?

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
So, the website states my car is in production beginning yesterday and estimated arrival at Granger on January 3. At this rate, I won’t be seeing it until February. Any other 2021 Granger cars that are even later than this?
That seems overly optimistic for a delivery date.

Per FP, my car was finished 11/20-something; by the tracker, iirc 12/3. My delivery date right now is Dec 17th - 23rd. So if you car started production yesterday, give a week for production ending 12/21. The idea that the car will be delivered two weeks later on 1/3 seems outlandish, and that's not even taking into account the holidays.

I'll be curious to hear what chassis # you have though, as it's gonna be one of the lasts

Sponsored

KBR Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 on order, 2011 Mustang GT
Mine went into production on the tracker Friday. Still no window sticker yet. Going to call Ford today for an update.

mirtheil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ecoboost

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
My FJG non-HP 6MT ordered 9/21 went into production today.

seems like they’re cranking out the last batch

KBR Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 on order, 2011 Mustang GT

Sponsored

mirtheil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ecoboost
I was able to get my window sticker on Monday, shows estimated delivery of january 6th. Can't wait.
Where on the window sticker does it show estimated delivery? I don't see it on my sticker.

Isj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M3
Where on the window sticker does it show estimated delivery? I don't see it on my sticker.
It's not on the window sticker, it's from the ford tracking page

mirtheil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ecoboost
It's not on the window sticker, it's from the ford tracking page
Okay, I guess I misunderstood. My tracking page doesn't show a delivery date yet. Hopefully it updates soon.