2021 Mustang Mach 1

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I’m not reordering my cancelled 21 order. I really wanted the Mach 1 I ordered but Ford kind of pissed me off. I searched locally(within 500miles) but couldn’t find anything that wasn’t 5-10k over sticker. I also looked for a GT500 at msrp but that wasn’t happening either. I ended up finding a local
Chevy dealer with an allocation for a 2022 ZL1 which I know will take some waiting but it’s now winter so I do t mind waiting several
Months.
I am in the same boat as you. Time will tell how all this plays out.

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
I’m not reordering my cancelled 21 order. I really wanted the Mach 1 I ordered but Ford kind of pissed me off. I searched locally(within 500miles) but couldn’t find anything that wasn’t 5-10k over sticker. I also looked for a GT500 at msrp but that wasn’t happening either. I ended up finding a local
Chevy dealer with an allocation for a 2022 ZL1 which I know will take some waiting but it’s now winter so I do t mind waiting several
Months.
I know of a Shelby at MSRP

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Maybe, just maybe, it is because it's tiring to read all the posts about how Ford did this and Ford did that. People literally making things up in an attempt to rationalize why this has happened.

I spent 10 years working in retail, 24 years working for a major electronics manufacturer and 12 Years working for some of the largest distributers in the US. I know of what I speak. Not because I'm some kind on genius but because I have 46 years of experience.

This experience tells me that no one at Ford cares about the Camaro or the Challenger anymore. Hell the only thing that Ford cares about are F150's, Explorers, Escapes, and Mach E's. Hell, the only reason we still have a Mustang is because Ford needed the name as the "brand" for the Mach-E. If Ford were selling a million Mustangs a year maybe they would care about the consumer. For 100K Mustangs, not so much.

By the way.

The manufacturer I worked for was one of the very first to implement JIT in Japan. I assure you that we didn't always know what was happening. Many production lines over the years were stopped cold because of a parts shortage.
That wasn't the lean system issue, that was a human dropping the ball and not noticing or caring that supplies are getting thinner that normal, and asking what gives. Long before you're totally out.
I mean if the system shows 102 on hand and you have 2, someone entered something wrong or you have a theft problem. But production line supplies come in about the same amount and spacing 99.99% of the time on a line that is producing the same # of items a day -/+ the daily swing.
THose on the ball, notice ,we didn't get x part the last 3 days and we get a restock shipment ever other day. and start making calls/emails. ASAP.
Some have this in them, some don't. those that don't should not be in that line /dept. just say'n.
I mean sure everyone makes a mistake every now and again, but some have no clue of what is going on around them or frankly don't care, and this is when the system has problems long before a parts shortage ever rears it's ugly head. And if you did this type of work for decades you'll acknowledge this. And I'm not stating anything you don't already know.
If my inventory list 45 of a item/part # and we don't have it. we go find out why, either the delivery was entered incorrectly, not checked, or there is a theft issue in the stock room. 9 out of 10 times it is the latter, if you have good receivers on the docks

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep... hold onto your butts and all that. Although we've had these fears before, and they ended up being overblown. One has to think at some point, shit will hit the fan, though.

Either way, Bitcoin FTW!
Bitcoin is worthless, when they shut down the grid, or internet providers go belly up, cell towers don't work if the grid is down.
Barter and trade will be king.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Ask yourself how the Asian cars have plenty of shit to build cars (they need chips as well) - I can order a 4Runner and get in in 8 weeks which I'm about to do - - - tired of this Bronco BULLSHIT - over a F'ing year now - GET BENT FORD ...!!!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ask yourself how the Asian cars have plenty of shit to build cars (they need chips as well) - I can order a 4Runner and get in in 8 weeks which I'm about to do - - - tired of this Bronco BULLSHIT - over a F'ing year now - GET BENT FORD ...!!!
Japanese auto is heavily vertical and they will also gladly fulfill domestic contracts while "komatta neh" and a shrug of the shoulder for those white devils. Whatcha going to do, sue for breach in a Japanese court?

Toyota is also known for understanding their supply chain and that of their suppliers and those of their subs several layers deep.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
THose on the ball, notice ,we didn't get x part the last 3 days and we get a restock shipment ever other day. and start making calls/emails. ASAP.
That's what RFID and computers are for. So you're not dependent on awake and give-a-damn employees.

Problem is some of this jit is as tight as 7pm delivery for the next day production. As in there is no buffer.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese auto is heavily vertical and they will also gladly fulfill domestic contracts while "komatta neh" and a shrug of the shoulder for those white devils. Whatcha going to do, sue for breach in a Japanese court?

Toyota is also known for understanding their supply chain and that of their suppliers and those of their subs several layers deep.
Toyo, might have that but tundra's are awol on lots as well.
I think it is more that the us automakers cancelled chip orders and other parts orders, and other automakers didn't or did at a lesser extent , and those that kept the factories of parts suppliers running through the slow down get put to the front of the line for orders over those that canned their orders in the slow downs.
Just a thought.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what RFID and computers are for. So you're not dependent on awake and give-a-damn employees.

Problem is some of this jit is as tight as 7pm delivery for the next day production. As in there is no buffer.
COMPUTER ASSISTED ordering system, doesn't mean you put it on auto pilot.
If a shipment was 7pm for use next day, we made sure it was on it's way long before we'd be um, where is it.
You NEED awake and people that care. Well, we find it works a 100% smoother when you do.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Price to performance is pretty good compared to the cars above. Shocked the BRZ showed up on there.
The BRZ looks like a blast.
COMPUTER ASSISTED ordering system, doesn't mean you put it on auto pilot.
If a shipment was 7pm for use next day, we made sure it was on it's way long before we'd be um, where is it.
You NEED awake and people that care. Well, we find it works a 100% smoother when you do.
"You NEED awake and people that care. Well, we find it works a 100% smoother when you do". Good luck with that.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The brz is a hoot! You just have to be small enough to fit. Now that they fixed the torque crater it'll be even better.