Sponsored

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Mach 1 700a with similar options to a GT premium is a $3.5k difference. For $3.5k you get the Tremec, coolers, revised suspension (basically PP1.5), better sounding pipes, appearance package, maybe something else I'm forgetting. It's a very decent value IF you are buying a fully loaded GT premium; if not, then it isn't. I think most people are OK with that.

When people complain about the Mach being too expensive, I think this is what they really mean:
- All Mustangs in 2021 are too expensive relative to 2018-2020
- We miss the GT350, which was a much better value proposition

Both of the above are legitimate points, but right now your options are to buy used (good luck with that), wait for the S650 and hope Ford comes down on prices (not going to happen), or go to Dodge/GM.

Edit: I wanted to add, I've watched/read literally every review on the Mach 1. While people often complain that it falls short of the GT350 or is too expensive relative to the 2020 cars, I have not read a single review saying that they did not actually enjoy the Mach. It's a very good car, but it lives in the shadow of a legend.

Lies šŸ˜… (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-gripe-thread-mach-1-vs-gt350-gt-etc.165163/)
Great insight. I wish the reviewers would compare with the GT PP1+magnaride. Pretty certain that for the additional $, it is worth getting the Shelby 500 rear suspension parts and the Bullit engine parts + extra engine and transmission coolers + different software calibration. What you are losing is the adaptive cruise control
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
So... I'm having to wait for some kind of approval to order the front moldings? Wtf. They weren't shipped with the car and the parts area doesn't have them.
FWIW, Just finally picked up mine at the dealer yesterday, a month after taking delivery of the car.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Great insight. I wish the reviewers would compare with the GT PP1+magnaride. Pretty certain that for the additional $, it is worth getting the Shelby 500 rear suspension parts and the Bullit engine parts + extra engine and transmission coolers + different software calibration. What you are losing is the adaptive cruise control
Ah thanks yea that was bugging me. The power pack (not to be confused with the performance pack, thanks for that Ford) is like a $1k kit on CJ pony parts. It makes the $3k for the Mach an even more attractive package.

I mentioned the lack of adaptive cruise awhile back and people made fun of me, but the truth is, the more I look at the Mach and read reviews, it really is the ultimate Grand Touring car, and I think it would truly benefit from that option for cross-country touring. So it's not a huge deal, but it would be nice.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Salary to cost of living, matter.
It doesn't matter much if we get paid 2.5x more if the cost of living is 3x more.
but I get it, anyone with a newish Sports car, no matter the country is very lucky to be in those shoes, sometimes we forget this.
And losing backup sensors and more color choices.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I wish the reviewers would compare with the GT PP1+magnaride
except unfortunately that combo is underwhelming. Fix all the chassis warts and even with unmolested PP1 MR tuning it improves dramatically. The updated MR tuning package makes it even better.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
except unfortunately that combo is underwhelming. Fix all the chassis warts and even with unmolested PP1 MR tuning it improves dramatically. The updated MR tuning package makes it even better.
If you can find the Austrialian Mach 1 review in the pinned review thread it is basically a M1 versus a GT+PP1 and I believe Magneride? The export models have funkier options; all GT's ship with PP1 and again I believe magneride. Keep in mind that at least the Mach is detuned, not sure about the GT.

Either way long story short, the reviewer does opine that the M1 is worth the extra cash, which I believe is even more of a price differential in AUS.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
FWIW, Just finally picked up mine at the dealer yesterday, a month after taking delivery of the car.
My sales guy just called me and said the wheel moldings are in and will be placed in the trunk. Should have everything now.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
My sales guy just called me and said the wheel moldings are in and will be placed in the trunk. Should have everything now.
Hopefully you donā€™t have my experience on installation.

My dealer received the wheel moldings a month in advance and lost them. After asking them for over a month after delivery with them swearing to me they were never delivered, I contacted Fwrnty. Theytold me date time etc when they were delivered.

So I called my dealer back with that info, and the dude was like oh Iā€™ve dealt with Ford performance before blah blah we donā€™t have them. 30 min and some humble pie later guy calls me back after having found them.

Then I have to schedule with the bodyshop. Oh itā€™s gonna be January. I made another call to his boss and he calls back it will be on Monday.

So yesterday I drop off my car to get the moldings which should have been installed during PDI. I come back and there are greasy fingerprints on both front fenders, an act inch of glue residue around the left molding on my fender PAINT, and giant boot prints and grime inside my riverside floor covers with multiple permanent scratches on the plastic driver door floorboard.

I was so pissed off I had to actually leave before I said or did something that would get me jailed. Anyways I took pictures

8F2320D0-4887-4C86-8D50-04BF1A1A5977.jpeg
1DBA7A08-B69B-4CCE-9AA6-563A3C49EF6A.jpeg
8B3ED7FA-52A1-40D0-9EF7-0E7BFC357729.jpeg
2352DEF8-0DC8-46DA-9346-1EB95EB92633.jpeg

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium

Oh it is worth it, if you can actually get a Mach 1 built.. I love my PP I just took delivery on, but I honestly don't feel like I am majorly missing out on anything.

Sponsored

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
I was talking to a dealer / owner OC FORD in SC where I bought my last GT last month. He had 8 Machs on the site he had ordered. All were cancelled and he only has TWO. He placed 10-14k premiums on them as he said his customers really don't want to roll to 2022's due to the power reduction plan.
I'm locked into my deal in Tampa now..... any day now...... waiting.......

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
He placed 10-14k premiums on them as he said his customers really don't want to roll to 2022's due to the power reduction plan.
What a crock of shit. $10-14k for 10HP. I really hope there is a place in hell for dealers like this.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Hopefully you donā€™t have my experience on installation.

My dealer received the wheel moldings a month in advance and lost them. After asking them for over a month after delivery with them swearing to me they were never delivered, I contacted Fwrnty. Theytold me date time etc when they were delivered.

So I called my dealer back with that info, and the dude was like oh Iā€™ve dealt with Ford performance before blah blah we donā€™t have them. 30 min and some humble pie later guy calls me back after having found them.

Then I have to schedule with the bodyshop. Oh itā€™s gonna be January. I made another call to his boss and he calls back it will be on Monday.

So yesterday I drop off my car to get the moldings which should have been installed during PDI. I come back and there are greasy fingerprints on both front fenders, an act inch of glue residue around the left molding on my fender PAINT, and giant boot prints and grime inside my riverside floor covers with multiple permanent scratches on the plastic driver door floorboard.

I was so pissed off I had to actually leave before I said or did something that would get me jailed. Anyways I took pictures

8F2320D0-4887-4C86-8D50-04BF1A1A5977.jpeg
1DBA7A08-B69B-4CCE-9AA6-563A3C49EF6A.jpeg
8B3ED7FA-52A1-40D0-9EF7-0E7BFC357729.jpeg
2352DEF8-0DC8-46DA-9346-1EB95EB92633.jpeg
How awful!! My dealer had already put big gouges in the rear wheels trying to mount the PS4Sā€™s so I told them Iā€™ll install the flares myself.

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
I was talking to a dealer / owner OC FORD in SC where I bought my last GT last month. He had 8 Machs on the site he had ordered. All were cancelled and he only has TWO. He placed 10-14k premiums on them as he said his customers really don't want to roll to 2022's due to the power reduction plan.
I'm locked into my deal in Tampa now..... any day now...... waiting.......
I nearly made a deal on a white 700a auto there, non HP. It was a last ditch effort to get a Mach.. But before I signed paperwork last night on my PP they texted me and said there was another pending deal on it.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
What a crock of shit. $10-14k for 10HP. I really hope there is a place in hell for dealers like this.
I felt the same way BUT then I saw they really don't have anything to sell either. I don't know how these dealers will keep going.
I have an Autonation near me (2) GT's and a few F150's, that's it besides used cars.
The dealer in Tampa had 65 GT's a 6 Mach 1's without premiums.

I have a dealer here in Ft. Laud pricing them at 84K
1636478811663.png
Sponsored