Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I thought about a load GT and it still may happen if the M1 s don t get built. I think the M1 will hold a better value which may be some would factor into the cost as I do.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm sure glad I followed up on the wheel moldings. Pretty sure many dealers aren't aware or haven't received them at all.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I'm sure glad I followed up on the wheel moldings. Pretty sure many dealers aren't aware or haven't received them at all.
Iā€™m getting my wheel moldings installed as I type šŸ‘

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
wow, every M1 near me has cloth seats. ???? where did they all come from? probably 6 or more cars with 250 miles from me.

Sponsored

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Got my Mach 1 a few week ago it serial # 4589.Iā€™m going to say under 6k of them
It seems to me that despite the shortfalls and cancellations , FoMoCo actually delivered on the estimated numbers of M1's for 2021. If I remember correctly when the car was officially introduced and showed to the public, Ford brass said the car would be " somewhat limited " and around 5K production limit but that was not a hard number. I'm thinking this is also including overseas units. Obviously for customers that had orders cancelled these are hollow words.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
It seems to me that despite the shortfalls and cancellations , FoMoCo actually delivered on the estimated numbers of M1's for 2021. If I remember correctly when the car was officially introduced and showed to the public, Ford brass said the car would be " somewhat limited " and around 5K production limit but that was not a hard number. I'm thinking this is also including overseas units. Obviously for customers that had orders cancelled these are hollow words.
Itā€™s seems more popular/in demand more than Ford was anticipating.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
wow, every M1 near me has cloth seats. ???? where did they all come from? probably 6 or more cars with 250 miles from me.
saves 2 grand on MSRP. All dealer orders most likely.

*IF* the failure to deliver is because of radio/amp, Ford has got to be the stupidest idiots in all Automotive-dom. You deliver the car with sound all wired up and you slap in the 6-speaker amp for the time-being or you send a 'we owe you' and in a few weeks the car comes back to the dealer for a trivial module swap.

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So... I'm having to wait for some kind of approval to order the front moldings? Wtf. They weren't shipped with the car and the parts area doesn't have them.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
agreed, the biggest comparison right now for the Mach 1 is the M4 comp, and they are close, with a 40k price difference.

Then there is the SS 1LE, which while the faster track car, nearly every review says that it is not nearly as street able and not desirable as a daily.
Thatā€™s what I was going to 2022 2SS 1LE but figured Iā€™ll seen if there a chance I might be able to order a Mach 1 .so in July Ordered a Mach 1 and a week later got a email order was excepted and then a build date Nov 15.I do have to say the Mach 1 is a little pricey in my option

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
So... I'm having to wait for some kind of approval to order the front moldings? Wtf. They weren't shipped with the car and the parts area doesn't have them.
Contact ford performance. I canā€™t remember the number but I seem to remember someone doing that and getting it sorted out that way.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
[email protected] They donā€™t ship them with the car, but email them at that addy and they will track them down.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
front wheel moldings are in my trunk in a box have'nt installed yet

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Wrong, you are comparing a loaded up gt to A BASE mach1, now load up that mach1 and tell me the difference in pricing.
When I bought my Stang the dealer had 2 Mach 1's both the msrp was over 63k .
A loaded up gt is what 51k.
Mach 1 700a with similar options to a GT premium is a $3.5k difference. For $3.5k you get the Tremec, coolers, revised suspension (basically PP1.5), better sounding pipes, appearance package, maybe something else I'm forgetting (ED: the throttlebody/cold air intake from the GT350 and Bullitt, which is a $1k kit on CJ- thanks @OutWest). It's a very decent value IF you are buying a fully loaded GT premium; if not, then it isn't. I think most people are OK with that.

When people complain about the Mach being too expensive, I think this is what they really mean:
- All Mustangs in 2021 are too expensive relative to 2018-2020
- We miss the GT350, which was a much better value proposition

Both of the above are legitimate points, but right now your options are to buy used (good luck with that), wait for the S650 and hope Ford comes down on prices (not going to happen), or go to Dodge/GM.

Edit: I wanted to add, I've watched/read literally every review on the Mach 1. While people often complain that it falls short of the GT350 or is too expensive relative to the 2020 cars, I have not read a single review saying that they did not actually enjoy the Mach. It's a very good car, but it lives in the shadow of a legend.

guys, there's already a thread for this.
Lies šŸ˜… (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-gripe-thread-mach-1-vs-gt350-gt-etc.165163/)
Sponsored

Last edited: