Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Dunno why. On Jay Leno's garage he reviewed the MACH 1.. told Jim Owens Shelby/Mustang brand manager the MACH 1 it's basically a 'parts bin car' ' grabbing parts from the GT350 ' etc. Said Jim Owens Shelby/Mustang brand manager said ' exactly & put it together '. Don't shoot the messenger peeps haha.
Just out of curiosity, what valuable information were you trying to convey by posting this?
Sponsored

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
if any dealer ordered 700A HP cars show up on lots I will be beyond fucking pissed at Ford.
They are rolling into the FL dealers. I spoke to the sales manager in Tampa today. He said he is buying units from the Northern dealers and they are shipping them to warmer areas. They don't want to be stuck with HP cars in the winter months.
I am waiting on mine now that he is bringing in from up north. A couple more showed up in inventory today too. Some were HP's. I see one with vin 5419, so they are fresh off the line.

Sponsored

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
there was a dealer in tampa, had a RR one, had an ADM, but that maybe can be talked around.

IF that is Elder Ford I am trying to negotiate or tried to negotiate on their white 700A Mach 1 and couldn't get them to budge. And they have had it on their lot since August. It was my last effort to get a Mach 1 as I can't find an Auto 700a Silver or White Mach 1 anywhere.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Dunno why. On Jay Leno's garage he reviewed the MACH 1.. told Jim Owens Shelby/Mustang brand manager the MACH 1 it's basically a 'parts bin car' ' grabbing parts from the GT350 ' etc. Said Jim Owens Shelby/Mustang brand manager said ' exactly & put it together '. Don't shoot the messenger peeps haha.
thank you for reminding me I keep forgetting to watch that episode. I’m not sure why anyone has a problem with a parts bin car though. Isn’t the raptor getting a special edition with the gt500 motor or some variation of it? Is there going to be a bunch of complaints that it’s a parts bin truck?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

MachTwo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach 1, 2014 GT, 2022 Mach 1 (ordered)
Ford should cut their losses, build the already ordered s550's all models/trims, then swap over to the s650 and call it a day.
They certainly shouldn't continue to take orders well into 2022 if they can't get a handle on building the orders they already have. With the s650 coming and probable 2 year run on the Mach 1 I don't know how they can roll anything over from 2022 to 2023 if the shortage issues persist.

Sponsored

AUsomTiger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Last edited:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Ford knows what is on dealer lots, So maybe they are hoping those that ordered cars that got canned will go buy the ones on lots. But I doubt this, Dealers also list things on the internet to get you walking in the door, and then claim that was last weeks price or whatever. With such a demand for the Mach 1, at least going by this forum, there has to be a reason those units are on the showroom still and not in a new owners garage.
The part is going to be over next year anyways as the Feds plan on starting the slow crawl of upping base interest rates. So the days of cheap money(loans) will slam shut.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
How is this relevant to anything in this thread...? And parts bin specials are kind of my thing. They tend to be some of the best versions of a car towards the end of its generation.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
How is this relevant to anything in this thread...? And parts bin specials are kind of my thing. They tend to be some of the best versions of a car towards the end of its generation.
I think, the issue in many minds are the parts R&D cost have already been recooped, So no need to soak the buyers of the parts bin model buyers, yet the o.e.m's do just that.
No need for the Mach1 to be 10k or more over a Loaded gt prem.
Sure Ford is there to make money, I get that. but it be nice if the model that is left over stock numbers thrown in a box, and called "model name here) was a car that those that drive them hard could afford without having to sell their soul.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
No need for the Mach1 to be 10k or more over a Loaded gt prem.
It's 3k between GT Premium PP1 MR AE and base Mach 1 with current pricing. Would be silly to sell it cheaper than GT PP1 with all the upgraded parts. This was beaten to death. Those who see value in it and love it will buy it.
Sponsored