Lite12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
but they where not scheduled maybe? FROM MY DEALER below:

Completely understand, but you have a vin, build week and day so we should be good to go!

Ashlie Ryan
Retail Order Team Lead
Chapman Ford, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram of Horsham, PA
Mine was a retail order 4/19..VIN issued and scheduled for 6/15. Date changed 9 times and now cancelled. My rep said it would roll to a 2022 but price protection is gone. Price will go up about 2500 bucks but the dealership is going to see what they can do to compensate me for the difference. Iā€™ll find out next week.
Sponsored

ddivinia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350R
Heck, maybe they donā€˜t enough of the sticky tires. We only hear about chips but everything is in short supply. Not enough carbon fiber parts maybe? What is unique in the Mach ! Handling package? Same part as GT500 handling pack? Maybe trying to maximize GT500 production.

Just a thought.

D.

Gramkeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mustang
I agree with the posts to move the orders to 2022. And give people an option to decide on their preference. In addition, Ford should make an effort to honor the agreed price. However, perhaps this is a reflection of inflation as much as the "chip shortage."

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Were the non HP manuals?

I am just curious because someone yesterday that ordered before me had theirs cancelled and mine according to Chapman Ford has not been. The only difference in our orders was mine is the automatic transmission.
No mine is a tremec. I m hanging on like you with Chapmann.

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
No mine is a tremec. I m hanging on like you with Chapmann.
I heard a rumor that Ford was stopping Mach 1 production this year on Facebook..

Who knows..

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I not impressed with the process Ford is using. I would like to know what option would be the cause of canceling my car and given a chance to amend my order to be filled.
Lets say it was the tremec, I d probably adjust to the auto just to get the car.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Ok, I want to combine a few things:

cars Are being cancelled seemingly regardless of order date, hp or non hp. Most or maybe all seem to have been tremec, but many tremec are still on order.

the gt500s are in the same boat. But word is Ford is trying to get the CFTP card out the door.

so, itā€™s not tires (CFTP uses the same, and non HP do not). Itā€™s not the trans necessarily. Or gt500s wouldnā€™t be in the same boat.

so, it is either a shared part, or a color issue (MANY but not all cancellations have been JFG, could be a few colors effected)

could be a suspension component (my guess)

cancellations I think may be random., or semi random.

but: it could be certain dealers are getting a disproportionally large number cancelled due to the standard allocation model, similar to bronco issues.

it also could be a CAFE issue. Since Ford canā€™t build as many ecos as normal, theyā€™re limited on how manyMachā€™s and Cobras they can, which would also explain a higher Tremec cancel rate.

from what we can tell, about 20-25% of orderswere just cancelled. Maybe as many as 2000 total cars, unless certain dealers are being weighted against :/

Redbarn Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 premium oxford white
Ford should of had a plan before they cancelled orders. How hard would it have been to come up with an explanation and an offer to the people that had their orders cancelled like front of the line, locked in pricing and maybe a little rebate. The dealer calls makes the offer and the customer most likely re-orders a 22.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
So I was just told that my canceled order will be converted to a 22 model for December build and Ford will honor the price match. I am also curious if they are lowering the HP will the car now meet the federal fuel efficiency and not be charged a gas guzzler tax.
The gas guzzler tax is not on my 22 build, I specifically asked and the price is 0

Sponsored

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
I emailed a dealer within 100 miles from me on two Mach 1's both with HP and they came back with "yeah, those are 20,000 over sticker". Good luck with that one, I'll never pay over sticker for a car.
A lot of dealers true colors are being shown over the past few weeks

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
The gas guzzler tax is not on my 22 build, I specifically asked and the price is 0
Don't think the auto has the gas guzzler tax though, right? My manual does.
Sponsored