Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I was very lucky. I didn’t opt for the larger wheels, tires and spoilers preferring to have a car more like the 2016 I owned and loved only better. This time for once, I went with a manual. I’ve always liked the Boss 302, PPGT’s, The DHG specials and I wanted a GT350.
I didn’t know Zach at the time, and due to the markups and lack of local allocations , I was simply priced out.
I know what it feels like to have that beautiful Ford Perfomance Blue GT350 with the tech pack slip through your hands. It sucks. Your day will come. I’m sure. This one will be with me a very long time. Hang in there.
Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I really don't know what to do now. Every Mach 1 on a dealer lot is marked up or a bait and switch. I think my only option is a 2022. If I choose that route, I would hope Ford tries to do something for people who had their orders cancelled. Not real thrilled about the HP loss either.

For those wondering my order that was cancelled was on 5/14, 700A, Tremec, Handling, Elite package, Appearance package, and Nav.
I am in the same boat as you. Not sure how I want o proceed towards the 22.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
@Zach@Granger

what is common among the cancelled 12 ?

-
All the 12 had VINs.

It looks like it was a mix of later orders and/or highly equipped cars. Some were ordered later, with less equipment. But they must've met a commodity breaking point and had to make a decision.

I really do think Ford will act quickly on behalf of customers to do their best to make it right. We've seen price protection on F-150s who ran into this issue and didn't get scheduled. No official word if they'll do that on Mach 1s, but that's my hope.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
that is good news then I think/hope. Means Ford still thinks they can get most built. A number of them are 700A/HP/Tremec cars?
Yes 67% of our mach 1s were equipped this way.

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
All the 12 had VINs.

It looks like it was a mix of later orders and/or highly equipped cars. Some were ordered later, with less equipment. But they must've met a commodity breaking point and had to make a decision.

I really do think Ford will act quickly on behalf of customers to do their best to make it right. We've seen price protection on F-150s who ran into this issue and didn't get scheduled. No official word if they'll do that on Mach 1s, but that's my hope.
I’m inclined to think Ford is going to do something for guys that lost their orders. They will make sure they have a chance at ‘22 Mach 1’s and will do something price wise to help. Certainly my fingers are crossed for this outcome!

KBR Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 on order, 2011 Mustang GT
My order was canceled…….decisions decisions
Does anyone know if Ford is going to do anything with price protections? My order was In before the mid year increase and I’m sure the 22’s increased from there.
Sorry Redbarn....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My order was canceled…….decisions decisions
Does anyone know if Ford is going to do anything with price protections? My order was In before the mid year increase and I’m sure the 22’s increased from there.
Post #230.

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
So I was just told that my canceled order will be converted to a 22 model for December build and Ford will honor the price match. I am also curious if they are lowering the HP will the car now meet the federal fuel efficiency and not be charged a gas guzzler tax.

Redbarn Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 premium oxford white
So I was just told that my canceled order will be converted to a 22 model for December build and Ford will honor the price match. I am also curious if they are lowering the HP will the car now meet the federal fuel efficiency and not be charged a gas guzzler tax.
Thats interesting, did you order it local?

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang
I ordered a 22 last week and got whacked with the guzzle tax. So not any better fuel efficiency as the decrease in HP was for emissions
Sponsored