Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I was only a mechanical engineer at an auto OEM, not a supply/production guy but they can't have been this dumb.
As an engineer I think you would be surprised at the amount of math that goes into forecasting. We just don't throw darts at a dartboard. The work is extensive and difficult. And yes, mistakes are made. There are overages and shortages. It is far from a perfect science.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Because the part/s that are not being supplied are for use in Mustangs, not trucks or EV's. And, by the way, who is to say some of the vehicles are not being effected? Ford is not doing tis just to screw Mustang owners. I've been there, on both sides of this issue and believe me it sucks from Ford's side as well.
Please understand, no one goes in business to piss people off.
As an engineer I think you would be surprised at the amount of math that goes into forecasting. We just don't throw darts at a dartboard. The work is extensive and difficult. And yes, mistakes are made. There are overages and shortages. It is far from a perfect science.
No math in the world can predict a clients budget, capx, industry need, salespersons performance or customer demand. Unless you happen to be Carnack the Magnificent, It'll never really work. LOL, just say you sold it and we'll return it the next quarter on paper....LOL...All BS.

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Exactly!!

My original order was a Oxford White GT Premium Performance Pack, A10, Active Exhaust, Magneride, and Carbon Sport Interior Package (which Ford removed for 22 and I love it. I seen it in person and pictures don't do it justice)

And it will have 460 HP instead of 450 :D
That is a great set configuration. Keep that. The Carbon Sport Interior package is a gem.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
We just received official word today that some Mustangs/GT500s for the 2021 model year will be cancelled because of commomdity shortages. Ford will be rescheduling these orders for 2022. The team at Ford is exploring options to protect retail customers, with more information that will be available soon.

Sorry to say that we are going to have 12 total Mach 1s that were for retail customers get cancelled. @Jay at Granger will be reaching out over the next couple days for our customers who have been impacted by the change.

This is the first time we've experienced something like this, in this magnitude and I can certainly understand the frustration of those of you who have ordered. We are going to lock in our discount and I would encourage those of you who visit with Jay to get the 2022 order placed ASAP. It sounds like receipt of the 2022 order will determine timing of delivery.

Again, I appreciate your understanding and patience with this unforeseen issue.

Zach
How many of your Mach 1's had VINs?

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Hope none of the canceled orders are twisted orange.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Tesla didn't auto-vomit and stop their chip orders at the drop of the pandemic hat .....
Not that we can tell from this side the wall at least.

Ford had a fire in Jan 2020 at a critical single-source supplier for electronic gizmos. That was their first mistake - you NEVER single-source. And then in an incredibly STUPID move cancelled orders for chips without apparently ANY industry knowledge that you never get that capacity reservation back. Detroit has MILES of warehouses they could have shoved chips and assemblies into for months on end until say 3-5 months later they decide that yeah, the market looks bleak so we'll release 20% of our capacity.

Inventory IS NOT EVIL!
But we've raised a couple generations of Harvard mis-educated bean-counters who have a heart attack at the sight of warehouse inventory. The Ford stock has been crap for years, less profit this year doesn't matter. Imagine where they'd be right now had they stockpiled these long lead-time (and dirt cheap) components. They'd be selling cars and trucks hand over fist while GM/Mopar watched in terror.

Ford's problem has always been IMO unimaginative if not incompetent management. Under Mullaly there was a spark of intelligence but that was quickly extinguished once he left.

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang
Supply chain woes are hitting everyone and everything. Big discussion today in the Market is earnings miss by Apple and Amazon. Two powerhouse companies that have nothing but demand.

Amazon cited supply chain, but also workers and wages. Apple big supply issue in fact Tim Cook didnt hide it. Said that expect extreme delays to purchase iPads and Mac's.

My company use Macbook Pro's for engineering and anyone requisitioning a new Macbook needs to prepare for a 10-16 week turnaround.

Needless to say AMZN and APPL are taking a bit of a shit today.

On the brightside, its a good time to buy APPL and sit on it for a year. Once this is over, and it will be over, Apple stock will pop.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
So, if we were in a race, and you broke your leg, if I was a 'possibility' person, then I would rejoice as it is 1 less competitor?

I know what CHItown meant to say, and I will admit to being emotional about my car being possible cancelled. But I think there is space for being compassionate and optimistic.
MY CAR is LIKELY canceled ALSO..
if this information is correct.
Should I REACT the SAME as Your expectations? as well?
& no. I do not KNOW neither of you.
As U know this person you said.
So u can speak gor them.
i cannot. I will not, even if I knew them.

A leg break is not a choice, if living in a world of POSSIBILITIES vs Expectations.
Accident potentially. Caused by stupidity of others, or ourselves, or nobody to blame perhaps?

U clearly are 1 who doesn't get this style of framing your life if ypu think a broken leg is apart of your 2 choices in life.

Thats ok.

Took me a while to figure this out.
Maybe ~20yrs, or so. Many here were probably still on the playground then,?

No worries if not 1 person understands it.
Its not a required Mantra or Dogma.

My present concern now, based on the information at hand, is do I hav to order another GT500? Will the dealership even contact us?
SHOULD I EXPECT THEM TOO?
Hence, Live in a world of Expectations?

Or the POSSIBILITY that I may have to go dwn & order myself a 2022 Rapid Red 500?

Its my choice. I may not like it. Otlr enoy it.
Still I choose to frame it my way. Not be driven by EXPECTATIONS OF OTHERS OR FOMOCO.
Its only a car.... & its only money.
How tight do we wanna get wound up?

I got better things to do than Explain how broken legs are not apart of this conversation. 🤣 🤣

Funny thing is, the guy who appears to understands tangible assets, is roasted for bring insensitive to reality?
the 1 guy who was smart enuff to engage the topic of POSSIBILITIES.
( Rarity and Scarcity creates value.. In most cases of tangible assets that see adoption growth.)

A hat tip to the fellow who mentioned values by lower '21 #'s may not be plausible, but living in denial wont chg anything.

Nice job using sir, to point oit what hurts a bunch of us here, for using your head to see potential future asset growth, in a small space. You likely do well with your own financial life as well, Id suspect, generally speaking.

Im loosing $$$$ thousands in (non deferred sales tax from my last vehicle sales, which would have saved us $$$$$ on our GT500 order bk several months. Do I enjoy loosing thousands $$ dollars from a point a man made using word that are factual by verbage, maybe not in reality, thou.

(My own incurred losses, from sales rax abatement, is more than I spenton Property, Taxes, or insuringmuti vehicles. & i mean multiple. So this is costing us morethsn a loss of a car purchase.)
Our tax crefit was riding solely on delivery of our Shelby, on or by, January 2022. & we all are aware of Dec. Plant Shutdwn's regularly scheduled.

Im not happy. Im loosing thousands.
& I cant fault a person for pointing out the possibilities of Rarity and Scarcity on '21 mdl yr cars.
Nuff said
My money is below, ( pic)
in the Tax mans hands now.
Like guzzler isn't enuff already.
U choose your perspective. Its not forced upon you.

SmartSelect_20210608-181011_Google.jpg

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
There's a lot to be optimistic about. We should see the
It appears that I'm on the cancellation list.

Ford doesn't specify WHY there was a cancellation, so that perhaps I could modify my order in a way to keep it alive.

Practically have to sue Ford's ass to get a solid answer and quite frankly .......

any lawyers reading this? re: seller default, class action, etc ....

-
You could sue. You might get your answer in discovery or perhaps right away when they read a copy of the filed complaint.
As far as default or class action, you have not been harmed or damaged, so nothing going there.

Shoot, i have lived in a new house for 6 months and still waiting on my upgraded garage door. Newer houses built and closed this month, got the garage door on day one. I have no recourse, but to wait.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Tesla didn't auto-vomit and stop their chip orders at the drop of the pandemic hat .....
Tesla is probably the only car maker who uses one state of the art chip to control everything, unlike dozens of cheap and reliable ancient design chips everyone else uses. Looks like in this case it's not chip related, though. Lot of supply chains got stuck, along with transportation.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
If someone can sue for coffee …..

Maybe Ford does need to be sued. A solid, full power, kick in the crotch to fix their management practices.

I’ve never trusted JIT because anything can happen. I’m not talking about years worth of components but maybe one quarter/three months buffer.

The market nosedived but that has happened before and it always come back.

The snap, reflex decisions so many made ….
(I wasn’t one of them)

-

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
MY CAR is LIKELY canceled ALSO..
if this information is correct.
Should I REACT the SAME as Your expectations? as well?
& no. I do not KNOW neither of you.
As U know this person you said.
So u can speak gor them.
i cannot. I will not, even if I knew them.

A leg break is not a choice, if living in a world of POSSIBILITIES vs Expectations.
Accident potentially. Caused by stupidity of others, or ourselves, or nobody to blame perhaps?

U clearly are 1 who doesn't get this style of framing your life if ypu think a broken leg is apart of your 2 choices in life.

Thats ok.

Took me a while to figure this out.
Maybe ~20yrs, or so. Many here were probably still on the playground then,?

No worries if not 1 person understands it.
Its not a required Mantra or Dogma.

My present concern now, based on the information at hand, is do I hav to order another GT500? Will the dealership even contact us?
SHOULD I EXPECT THEM TOO?

Or the POSSIBILITY that I may have to go dwn & order myself a 2022 Rapid Red 500?

Its my choice. I may not like it. Otlr enoy it.
Still I choose to frame it my way. Not be driven by EXPECTATIONS OF OTHERS OR FOMOCO.
Its only a car.... & its only money.
How tight do we wanna get wound up?

I got better things to do than Explain how broken legs are not apart of this conversation. 🤣 🤣

Funny thing is, the guy who appears to understands tangible assets, is roasted for bring insensitive to reality?
the 1 guy who was smart enuff to engage the topic of POSSIBILITIES.
( Rarity and Scarcity creates value.. In most cases of tangible assets that see adoption growth.)

A hat tip to the fellow who mentioned values by lower '21 #'s may not be plausible, but living in denial wont chg anything.

Nice job using sir, to point oit what hurts a bunch of us here, for using your head to see potential future asset growth, in a small space. You likely do well with your own financial life as well, Id suspect, generally speaking.

Im loosing $$$$ thousands in (non deferred sales tax from my last vehicle sales, which would have saved us $$$$$ on our GT500 order bk several months. Do I enjoy loosing thousands $$ dollars from a point a man made using word that are factual by verbage, maybe not in reality, thou.

(My own incurred losses, from sales rax abatement, is more than I spenton Property, Taxes, or insuringmuti vehicles. & i mean multiple. So this is costing us morethsn a loss of a car purchase.)
Our tax crefit was riding solely on delivery of our Shelby, on or by, January 2022. & we all are aware of Dec. Plant Shutdwn's regularly scheduled.

Im not happy. Im loosing thousands.
& I cant fault a person for pointing out the possibilities of Rarity and Scarcity on '21 mdl yr cars.
Nuff said
My money is below, ( pic)
in the Tax mans hands now.
Like guzzler isn't enuff already.
U choose your perspective. Its not forced upon you.

SmartSelect_20210608-181011_Google.jpg
1C34681E-F89F-419C-B9C2-6EED3CCEEF6A.png

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Inventory IS NOT EVIL!
Say's a man who has not had much experience in purchasing/supply chain management. :giggle:

Perfect! :like::clap: Most are set way to high......

Maybe Ford does need to be sued. A solid, full power, kick in the crotch to fix their management practices.
The market nosedived but that has happened before and it always come back.
This situation has nothing to do with management or the market. You are desperate to find a villain but unwilling to accept to actual one, Covid. But if you want to sue, go for it.

I’ve never trusted JIT because anything can happen. I’m not talking about years worth of components but maybe one quarter/three months buffer.
Back in computer days Intel and AMD went from changing their models from twice a year to four times a year. That meant that PC makers came out with new models every quarter. You were forecasting for new models before the current models even went on sale. And you think car manufacturers are crazy. We live in a JIT world. Not is going to change it.

Just FYI, one of the single largest hits to a companies bottom line is inventory. Every manufacturer wants to limit it even if it means losing sales.
Sponsored