Sponsored

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
Fucking sucks for every one of you guys. Ford should stop building all the ecoboost and gt cars and prioritize only Mach 1’s and shelbys until the last day. Those can wait until next year.
I doubt the people with a GT or Ecoboost will agree with you there pal. 😂
Sponsored

rcsracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP #1859
Haven't received any update on mine, yet. 4/6 order, last Ford email had me at 12/27 build week. I think it's likely mine will get canned. Kinda torn on what to do. I even have a new set of BC Forged track wheels still in the box.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Got any proof? I was a union member in the steel industry and when the plant shut down all we got was unemployment.
I read about 70% of pay iirc in some of those spring shutdown articles. Here VW pays 90% of salary to workers and the average includes bonuses, so they essentially get paid more for staying home than they would for working.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Got any proof? I was a union member in the steel industry and when the plant shut down all we got was unemployment.
Google it. 75% with a supplemental unemployment benefit making up the rest.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Tires, seriously.
its not tires, or it would not be affecting the non HP Mach 1s as well. I really think it is subframe components sitting offshore of long island or another port that can't get unloaded and shipped in time.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Here’s everything you need to know about just in time. Dr. Deming showed his ideas to American manufacturers who turned him down. He then showed them to the Japanese who rebuilt there manufacturing processes around them. Years later after Japan started kicking our but American manufacturers started to embrace J.I.T.

I worked for a Japanese manufacturer for 24 years so I know something about J.I.T. I also worked with Dr. Deming’s nephew so I learned a lot about him as well.

https://deming.org/deming-the-man/
Hello; Good read. I did not know who was behind the change in how factories operate. The Japanese forced a change thru competition and vehicles in general are better for it. Not sure if my suspicion that just in time has been disrupted by recent events. The fire and the odd reactions to the pandemic. Not clear if the parts are sitting on ships waiting in line to be unloaded and then waiting to be trucked or the chip makers are not yet back up to speed.

I was not able to order a car back in the 60's or early 70's but some of my friends did. You could mix and match features back then. A popular mix was the most motor and no power using accessories such as power steering and AC. A friend ordered a 68 Firebird that way with a highway rear gear. Not too quick off the line but had good top end speed. Another friend got a 67 or 68 Mustang GT fastback with a 390 and a four speed. It was a dark blue. I kind of wish the McQueen movie had not happened as those cars are too pricy now.
There was a narrow, twisty two lane road, old Hwy 58, that ran from Cumberland Gap to Lafollette TN. We would meet at the store on the Gap road near Cudjos Cave at around 1 AM . Then make a fast run for the 30 or so miles. Hardly any traffic in the wee hours. The Mustang GT meet it's demise doing that run. Most of the old road is gone now. Still a few sections left tho. The bughole curve still exists but the road surface is bad now. It was a dumb thing to do and we all drove too fast.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I worked for a Japanese manufacturer for 24 years so I know something about J.I.T. I also worked with Dr. Deming’s nephew so I learned a lot about him as well.
JIT is great but ONLY when nothing goes wrong. Then it collapses like Jenga. You either buffer your inputs or you suffer economic dislocation. World trade has been going so swimmingly (we're way overdue for a big-ass war) for so long that we've forgotten that things do go bad out of the blue. It was usual and customary to have 3 months food stockpiled and this was before refrigeration. Most people now probably don't have more than a week's worth. As a civilization we are not prepared for eventualities. Yes the supply chain snarl was self-inflicted - there was no cause to overreact but that's a topic for another thread.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So, if we were in a race, and you broke your leg, if I was a 'possibility' person, then I would rejoice as it is 1 less competitor?

I know what CHItown meant to say, and I will admit to being emotional about my car being possible cancelled. But I think there is space for being compassionate and optimistic.
Not the same. Celebrating an injury vs. fewer MY cars. Come on, man!

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Fucking sucks for every one of you guys. Ford should stop building all the ecoboost and gt cars and prioritize only Mach 1’s and shelbys until the last day. Those can wait until next year.
EPA won’t ever let that happen.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda torn on what to do. I even have a new set of BC Forged track wheels still in the box.
soap box derby build. It'll even go faster than your non-existent car. Pittsburg has lots of LONG hills.
Sponsored