Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yeah, I grow tired of this convenient separation between Ford and dealers. I don't buy it. Ford can, should and does write in their agreements with dealers and distributors any number of mandatory requirements as well as prohibitions and exclusions. If a dealer is doing something, it's because Ford allows it, directly or indirectly (through not requiring or prohibiting it in their agreements).

This shit where Ford hides when dealers charge rapist markups (that Ford creates by simply not making enough cars that people ARE WILLING TO BUY AT THEIR STATED MSRP) is not only frustrating to loyalists, it's patently stupid from a business standpoint (Thankfully I'm not a direct shareholder or voting member, I'd force them all to attend 100 level business classes on what happens when a manufacturer consciously and extensively shorts supply).

Don't even get me started on the shitty "Ford" problems where they hide/conceal/deny for as long as they can (so as not to expose themselves to claims for previous or future issues). Everything from bad evaporator cores/compressors to shitty paint bubbling to oil consumption, teacup fragile transmissions, etc. I know every manufacturer that is as big as Ford has quality challenges, but Ford simply ignores them and keeps pumping out vehicles with the same goddamned defects for half a decade before they finally go "yeah, we should probably not renew that contract."

Then we're now told, oh, don't blame Ford, it's the dealers who are cancelling. Or better, it's the Ford who's cancelling on the dealer, it's not their fault.

It's all a crock of shit. Ford sets what their policies are or aren't. There's PLENTY of dealers willing to sell their product.

In fact, while I despise gubment and intrusions on liberty, this type of shit makes one cheer for authoritarian statists who dream up laws surrounding carriage, steerage, etc.

Imagine if airlines or freight companies could just take your money well in advance and at the last second they could just cancel your order with ZERO restitution.

Sure, you could just avoid that company in the future, but that doesn't do you much good in the moment.

There are rules and regulations around a lot of purchases in a lot of industries. I'm not a fan of it, but you can see where/how it gains traction.
Sponsored

Mach1soldier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 f150 EB
Well here’s to hoping my “in production” for the last month Mach1 doesn’t get canceled.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Ah, this sucks... sorry to any affected. I hope things turn out well.

To the folks at Granger, is this more widespread than just the Mach and GT500? Are GTs getting the boot, as well? That'll have me awfully nervous to order in six months time...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
One of Our problems is on maternity leave…
You referring to the he/hims that had an it/thing given to them by a birthing person?
Almost every price increase from a manufacturer gets passed on to the end user.
So that's why a Big Mac now costs $27? Dammit! At least they could fix the friggin' milkshake machine that is always down...

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
What an incredibly insensitive and tasteless comment
Yeah because having a special edition car that’s a 22 versus a 21 is going to absolutely ruin peoples lives right? I’m sure grief counselors will be standing by, don’t worry.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dammit! At least they could fix the friggin' milkshake machine that is always down...
I thought that was just a U.K. thing as they are always busted over here too …

And when they do work, are you now getting the new recipe that’s mostly white, just with a swirl of colour / flavour and has the consistency of shaving foam ? You have to take the top of the cup to check they have put anything in it … :crazy:

Anyhow, I’m just stalling whilst I figure out how long it will be before this thread degrades to another climate change political discussion … :facepalm: :cwl: :bandit:

WD :like:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Fucking sucks for every one of you guys. Ford should stop building all the ecoboost and gt cars and prioritize only Mach 1’s and shelbys until the last day. Those can wait until next year.
And they should have prioritized 500 over 350R and 350R over 350 and 350 over M1..
Seriously…..what an elitist comment…

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
And they should prioritize 500 over 350 and 350 over M1..
Seriously what an elitist comment…
not elitist in the slightest. there is no 350 so that doesn't factor in. prioritizing the 500 and mach 1 would at least allow those to be built. the difference between no mach 1 vs a delivered mach 1 is far greater than a 21 gt to a 22 gt wouldn't you say?
in any case, i already explained the comment earlier. i want my friends in this subforum to get the cars they ordered.
don't worry though, ford has yet to return my call about modifying production schedules so my elitist attitude won't interrupt production of 4 banger mustangs next week. 🙄

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I'm sure Ford would much rather be building mach 1s than GTs or Ecoboost.

The relative cost of the vehicle to build isn't a huge difference. A $35,000 base Mustang isn't nearly as beneficial to Ford as a $65,000 Mach 1. The Mach 1 is simply a hot product and too much demand has caused the cancellation unfortunately.

While everyone won't get exactly the options they may have wanted, the good news is that there's still 1 more year of production. đź‘Ť

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Damn if it ain't one thing or another. I am still optimistic until otherwise. Starting think the high demand in the new vehicles such as mach E, bronco and maverick are trumping all the less demand vehicles.

Last edited:

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The only fair way to schedule production is by order dates… period

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
The only fair way to schedule production is by order dates… period
If that’s the case you’ll be far behind fleet sales buddy…

The “fair” thing is that capitalism affords companies to splurge and make Machs, 350s and 500s. If the budget shrinks, the low volume rides end up on the Mayan altar.

You wanna gripe?.. vote different.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This worries me. I got a call from Jay a few weeks ago about my order and to prepare for it around the end of November. I'm praying it's not mine on the list. I didn't get the email delay to Dec. 20th like many did but tomorrow is Friday and that's the dreaded email day.